PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to buy AppleCare.. Now what?

stark4
Sep 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
So my one year apply warranty expired yesterday and i forgot to buy the apple care. Is there anyway that i can get the apple care now? or am i so out of luck?

Thanks

fleawannabe
Sep 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
Can Apple and ask...

grockk
Sep 19, 2012, 09:26 PM
Can Apple and ask...

I'm sure you meant Call but yeah just call them up 1-800-MY-APPLE an give them the web order number. Took me less than 5 minutes.

Biscotti
Sep 19, 2012, 10:01 PM
I bought mine online the LAST day that I was allowed to buy it, and it was a hassle. I had to jump through hoops for them to apply it.

In short, the answer is no. You won't be able to cover it after the 1-year period is up. Just treat your computer right.

solsearchin
Sep 20, 2012, 01:53 AM
I purchased AppleCare online on the last day, came in 4 days after my warranty expired lol never had any issues thy just applied it. You probably got a ****** agent.

I bought mine online the LAST day that I was allowed to buy it, and it was a hassle. I had to jump through hoops for them to apply it.

In short, the answer is no. You won't be able to cover it after the 1-year period is up. Just treat your computer right.

johan.k
Sep 20, 2012, 06:52 AM
Had experienced before - one day past expired day. Ended-up myself Extend Coverage from their support site. Give try at high price. Good luck!

Variant
Sep 20, 2012, 07:15 AM

You certainly do not know that for sure. Apple makes plenty of exceptions for the benefit of its customers.

Phone up Apple and ask. Talk to a person, not some internet forum. There is no guarantee, but if you are only a week or so out, they could very well sell you AppleCare.

GoCubsGo
Sep 20, 2012, 07:16 AM
You certainly do not know that for sure. Apple makes plenty of exceptions for the benefit of its customers.

Phone up Apple and ask. Talk to a person, not some internet forum. There is no guarantee, but if you are only a week or so out, they could very well sell you AppleCare.

Actually they have not if it is much more than a day or two. I think the OP has a good chance.

doubletap
Sep 20, 2012, 07:37 AM
Did you buy your Mac with a credit card? If so, check to see if the Mac is covered by an extended warranty plan that the CC might offer.

I was going to buy AppleCare but my CC offers this perk so I'll just give the CC company a call if/when it breaks beyond the initial year.

dt

stchman
Sep 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
You can purchase AppleCare up to 12 months after purchase.

Do be warned that AppleCare does NOT cover accidental drops and spills. IMO, a computer will probably break right away if it's going to break at all.

drxcm
Sep 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
IMO, a computer will probably break right away if it's going to break at all.

My experience differs. I have had 4 Apple laptops that have required Applecare warranty work greater in the 12-36 month period post purchase. I always buy Applecare.

stchman
Sep 20, 2012, 02:40 PM
My experience differs. I have had 4 Apple laptops that have required Applecare warranty work greater in the 12-36 month period post purchase. I always buy Applecare.

So you are saying that ALL Apple laptops will need some warranty work in the time that AppleCare covers?

I've owned MANY a laptop(non-Apple) and none have needed work in that time frame. They either broke right away(under warranty), or I ended up selling them as I wanted something different.

I had one that needed a new hard drive, but that was a pretty inexpensive repair (certainly costs less than $249).