Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Anyone know where I can get a portable, slick looking pair of white headphones, to go with my new iBook?

Now that I am a mac user, non matching, ugly headphones shall never do;)

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Whatever happened to mac users being about creativity and efficiency? Screw this form crap.

Go buy a pair of BLACK sennheisers. A pair of HD590s will run you around $200 and cannot be beat.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
HeadPhones

Cant give you a link because the session will time out...but....

Go to Apple.com > Store > Music & Audio (on the left side in the colum thingy)

There you will find these Sonys that are like glass looking, they would match your iBook. Cost about 120 dollars, there are more there so go check it out.

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
It really depends on what kind of music you'll be listening to on the headphones. some are better at different styles then others.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Re: HeadPhones

Originally posted by MacAztec
Cant give you a link because the session will time out...but....

Go to Apple.com > Store > Music & Audio (on the left side in the colum thingy)

There you will find these Sonys that are like glass looking, they would match your iBook. Cost about 120 dollars, there are more there so go check it out.

Those sonys also sounds like junk unfortunally. All Sony headphones do...

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by Omad0n
It really depends on what kind of music you'll be listening to on the headphones. some are better at different styles then others.

Eh.. not really. Get a good pair and it will be fine for everything.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've stopped using headphones lately - my ears have been ringing a bit since I started using them more often. Anyone else ever have a problem with this? And I have noticed that its gotten better since I stopped.

D

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
I've stopped using headphones lately - my ears have been ringing a bit since I started using them more often. Anyone else ever have a problem with this? And I have noticed that its gotten better since I stopped.

D
Yes, I do a good deal of headphone listening. I noticed a ringing, but I think I always had it. It's not noticable if I don't think about it. I've read lots about it and they say it can become permanent. Since then I've been monitoring my sound levels as ears can become 'used' to a certain volume when listening. They say the ringing is the cilia for a certain frequency(s) constantly firing signals to your brain whether agitated or not.

How bad was your ringing? How often did you listen to your headpones and through what type of device?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: Headphones

Originally posted by demonx
Anyone know where I can get a portable, slick looking pair of white headphones, to go with my new iBook?

Now that I am a mac user, non matching, ugly headphones shall never do;)
Most good quuality headphones aren't very pleasing aesthetically. There's usually a trade-off for sound quality vs. styling. Mainstream white headphones are something of a rarity since they're so visually striking and contrast with other colors.

Headphone headsets rarely come in white. Your best bet would be Apple's accessory earbuds.

Personally, the headphone experience is all about sound quality and not about looks.

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by springscansing

Eh.. not really. Get a good pair and it will be fine for everything.

Sorry man I hate to disagree with you, but it does make a difference. Go to any audiophiles website. take for instance my Technics 1200 headphones. They're great for Trance music, in terms of DJing and such. But **** they're horrible for just listening. Well depending on waht you want. Like I said thre are a lot of different choices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.