PDA

View Full Version : Cool Program (CoverFlow)

furryrabidbunny
Aug 20, 2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.steelskies.com/coverflow/HomePage.html
pretty useless, and slow as hell, but very cool none the less.

asif786
Aug 20, 2005, 02:41 AM
yeah, i noticed this app last week..

it was slow, but you're right - it's cool - i love the whole glossy table effect :)

Diatribe
Aug 20, 2005, 02:56 AM
I've been playing with this for a while now. It's pretty awesome but slow??? If you're on a G3 maybe. It runs fine on my 12" PB.

Eluon
Aug 20, 2005, 03:07 AM
I am not having a problem with its speed. I am, however, having a problem getting off of it! Thanks for the link, I think it is a great program!

asif786
Aug 20, 2005, 03:16 AM
I've been playing with this for a while now. It's pretty awesome but slow??? If you're on a G3 maybe. It runs fine on my 12" PB.

hmm..well i did use it last week while my hard disk was dying..so maybe that played a part..

it wasn't too slow while using it - but the first rn where it looks for all your art took long for me (iMac G5)

Diatribe
Aug 20, 2005, 03:46 AM
hmm..well i did use it last week while my hard disk was dying..so maybe that played a part..

it wasn't too slow while using it - but the first rn where it looks for all your art took long for me (iMac G5)

The first run takes long for everybody. It still is only a technical demo, so a lot of optimization will come its way. Anyway, hope you didn't have too much trouble with your HD and did backup your data.

furryrabidbunny
Aug 20, 2005, 03:43 PM
i noticed last night though, it didn't load all of my albums. did anyone else notice this? It would be awesome if apple developed something like this for the big 5.0

asif786
Aug 20, 2005, 03:47 PM
i noticed last night though, it didn't load all of my albums. did anyone else notice this? It would be awesome if apple developed something like this for the big 5.0

I think it only loads full albums..at least I think so..Although I'm not sure how it would determine what a full album is?

asif786
Aug 20, 2005, 03:47 PM
The first run takes long for everybody. It still is only a technical demo, so a lot of optimization will come its way. Anyway, hope you didn't have too much trouble with your HD and did backup your data.

Thanks -- I managed to save everything apart from my iTunes music..which Apple is now refusing to let me re-download. Thanks Apple - your lame hard drive crashes and I have no music now. Super.

quackattack
Aug 20, 2005, 06:01 PM

Just what I was thinking. This would be amazing if it was integrated into itunes.

By the way, it only loads albums over 20 min. You can change this in the preferences.

Capt Underpants
Aug 20, 2005, 06:46 PM
I think it only loads full albums..at least I think so..Although I'm not sure how it would determine what a full album is?

You can change how it determines a full album. The default is that it has to be 20 minutes long.

supergod
Aug 20, 2005, 07:02 PM
After using the app I found that it took up far too much space on my hard drive so I deleted it, along with all of the prefs and support files that came up with spotlight and ran permissions. Still a fair amount of space is being mysteriously taken up.

Capt Underpants
Aug 20, 2005, 07:09 PM
After using the app I found that it took up far too much space on my hard drive so I deleted it, along with all of the prefs and support files that came up with spotlight and ran permissions. Still a fair amount of space is being mysteriously taken up.

It's only taking up like 60 megs for me. How much space are we talking about here?

furryrabidbunny
Aug 20, 2005, 09:56 PM
what are these mysterious files? got me worried now.

stevietheb
Aug 21, 2005, 02:18 AM
Neat! It's a bit sluggish on the iBook--I'm excited to see it on the iMac though....