PDA

View Full Version : On wakeup screen is black after 10.7.5

scunacc
Sep 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Dual booting Lion and SL - very happily - on a 2006 1.83 MA699LL/A macbook with 2G memory.

Until Lion 10.7.5...

I have lidwake and acwake set to 0 & I have hibernatemode set to 25. (I set it that way because I want to deliberately push the power button to come back from hibernate, [not sleep] ).

OK, so, now when it comes back from hibernation, the restore progress bar works its way across then the screen goes black. I have discovered that I can tweak it back on with the screen brightness keys - up and down - (F1/F2) but it wasn't doing that before 10.7.5. At first I thought it was hanging, then I discovered the disk was still spinning, and I could ssh in just fine. So, it was a graphics issue.

Is there some other setting that changed in 10.7.5?

Booting back to the SL partition - no problem. That works (for the above issue) like it always used to (and as Lion used to). So, not a hardware issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards

Derek.

Intell
Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
Does the backlight not work or is the screen just black?

scunacc
Sep 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
Does the backlight not work or is the screen just black?

Thanks for the Q.

Hard to tell if the backlight is on after the start but I don't think it's staying on. Looks like it powered off the screen - and - no - I don't have it set to do that in the power settings. :-/

As I say, if I down/up the brightness one notch with F1/F2 after the initial wakeup-from-hibernation screen (when the screen *is* *on* - before it goes black) it all returns to normal.

Kind regards

Derek.