PDA

View Full Version : Numeric keypad for Powerbook

Loge
Aug 20, 2005, 04:50 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a numeric keypad for use with a Powerbook? I need to make using Sibelius easier on myself. Presumably the USB ones just work without special drivers?

robbieduncan
Aug 21, 2005, 04:25 AM
To be honest I'm not sure. If I was you I would go with either a full external keyboard (going to work) or something with OSX support guaranteed. This one (http://www.safecomputing.com/ikp-130.html) claims OSX support...

Mac_Freak
Aug 21, 2005, 06:55 AM
Have tried using the buid-in numeriv key pad. I know it is harder to use, but you can use to it; espacially if you are good at touch typing.

jsalzer
Aug 21, 2005, 08:10 AM
Holy Cow - I was just getting ready to say that the toughest part about finding a numeric keyboard was that I haven't been able to find any with the Mac configuration. I can't tell you how many times I've entered phone numbers into our database at work as 815+123+4567 because the + is where the - is on my other keyboards (using a Targus numeric pad).

I eventually went the route of propping up the laptop (a Dell) to fit a standard Apple keyboard underneath, thus eliminating the problem (when not on the road, but at the desk is the only time I'm doing heavy data entry.)

I can't believe Robbie found one. Thanks!!!

Loge
Aug 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. :) I'll do a bit of shopping around next week; I'm not sure if the Adesso unit is available in the UK, if it is I'll probably get that.