1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Numeric keypad for Powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Loge, Aug 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 68000

Loge

Does anyone have any recommendations for a numeric keypad for use with a Powerbook? I need to make using Sibelius easier on myself. Presumably the USB ones just work without special drivers?

2. Moderator

robbieduncan

Staff Member

To be honest I'm not sure. If I was you I would go with either a full external keyboard (going to work) or something with OSX support guaranteed. This one claims OSX support...

3. macrumors 6502a

Have tried using the buid-in numeriv key pad. I know it is harder to use, but you can use to it; espacially if you are good at touch typing.

4. macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Mac Layout

Holy Cow - I was just getting ready to say that the toughest part about finding a numeric keyboard was that I haven't been able to find any with the Mac configuration. I can't tell you how many times I've entered phone numbers into our database at work as 815+123+4567 because the + is where the - is on my other keyboards (using a Targus numeric pad).

I eventually went the route of propping up the laptop (a Dell) to fit a standard Apple keyboard underneath, thus eliminating the problem (when not on the road, but at the desk is the only time I'm doing heavy data entry.)

I can't believe Robbie found one. Thanks!!!

5. macrumors 68000

Loge

Thanks for the replies. :) I'll do a bit of shopping around next week; I'm not sure if the Adesso unit is available in the UK, if it is I'll probably get that.