PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to protect your iPod?

greenguy4
Aug 21, 2005, 02:07 AM
What kind of case or skin do you use to keep your iPod clean and shiny?

Phat_Pat
Aug 21, 2005, 02:33 AM
to be honest i don't.... i used to use the apple provided one... although after 3 years mine has many dents and deep scratches it doesn't even matter any more.

I'm just surprised it still works after home many times its been dropped...

this thing is a beast :cool:

irmongoose
Aug 21, 2005, 03:40 AM
The standard Apple case... works for me. Not one scratch in 2 years :D

irmongoose

Ashapalan
Aug 21, 2005, 04:02 AM
Orange Sock sporting apple logo.

I dunno, it just makes up for the 'now' absent orange backlights

Not so good for drops i guess, but then what is that allows you to slip the ipod comfotably in your pocket?

Sock all the way.

I used to have an iskin, but from my work in an electronic store, and more importantly personal experience, it WRECKED the back of my ipod, the metallic finish was almost worn out by the poor design. Many customers had a rant over identical problems.

They might have fixed this problem though, but make sure to check that if you go the iskin way.

Nickygoat
Aug 21, 2005, 04:14 AM
I've got an iSkin and it's fine - hasn't done anything to the back at all. Took the clip off it though that looked like it was going to make a mark.

robbieduncan
Aug 21, 2005, 04:29 AM
iSkin Evo2 without the belt clip. The reason I think this is better than the Apple case (which scratches the back over time) is that these cases let you use the iPod without removing it from the case which is what scratches the iPod in the Apple case.

I've had it for around 3 weeks now (since I got my repaired iPod back from Apple with a perfect scratch free finish) and it's great. It might look a bit odd and sliding it in there is certainly weird but it works!

Jay42
Aug 21, 2005, 04:45 AM
to be honest i don't.... i used to use the apple provided one... although after 3 years mine has many dents and deep scratches it doesn't even matter any more.

agreed. This way I can push the next track button through my jeans.

RandomDeadHead
Aug 21, 2005, 05:34 AM
iSkin, and like the others, no beltclip.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Aug 21, 2005, 05:58 AM
With my iPod mini I just use the belt clip for protection. Not that the minis scratch a lot, anyway, but when I loop the headphones cord (regular headphones, not those in-ear-sh...pooh) through the clip I also have an added protection from accidental dropping it.

MacDawg
Aug 21, 2005, 06:06 AM
I don't use anything. Mine stays in its iPod cup holder in my truck all of the time, so I don't worry about dropping it. Never worried about scratches and such. I want to be able to use it, not walk on eggshells around it. If I felt like I had to protect it that much, I probably would never use it. Before I docked it in my truck, I used the regular case it came with.

Woof, Woof - Dawg http://homepage.mac.com/k.j.vinson/pawprint.gif

JeDiBoYTJ
Aug 21, 2005, 11:16 AM
I use an Agent18 clear case for my iPod Photo. I love it.

ham_man
Aug 21, 2005, 11:17 AM
Nothing.

doucy2
Aug 21, 2005, 11:21 AM
iskin for my 20 giger
and nothing usually for my mini (sometime a apple sock)

zelmo
Aug 21, 2005, 11:29 AM

That's the same one I use. I also picked up one of those clear removeable click wheel covers, as that is the only thing the Agent 18 case leaves unprotected. My iPod looks as new as the day I bought it.

One nice benefit is that I can fit my 60GB iPod into the Bose SoundDock dock with the case still on, so I never have to take it out of the case.

BlizzardBomb
Aug 21, 2005, 11:55 AM
I use the iSkin evo 2. Uhh... the blue one :p

But I REALLY want one of these groovylicious babies http://www.everythingipod.co.uk/item--iSkin-Wild-Rebel-Blue-4G-iPod-Case--iskinwildrebel.html.

EGT
Aug 21, 2005, 12:00 PM
I bought too many iSkins and similar that i don't even use anymore.

My iPod hasn't been out of its Contour Showcase since I got it.

A fantastic case :cool:

~Shard~
Aug 21, 2005, 12:43 PM
Marware Sport Suit Convertible - I love it! Keep my iPod nice and protected, and is a great little case. :cool:

DEXTERITY
Aug 21, 2005, 02:58 PM
the iskins cover for the 20gig color. Thanks for mentioning the belt clips scratches the back of the ipod. I just removed mine. Initially I didn't notice that would be an issue. Too bad there isn't one with a belt clip that doesn't scratch it.

dornoforpyros
Aug 21, 2005, 03:32 PM
Wishfull thinking....yeah mine's a little banged up.

JonMaker
Aug 21, 2005, 07:03 PM
Nothing here. My iPod is a marine. :cool:

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 21, 2005, 10:20 PM
I use the Agent 18 Clickshield and it's freakin' awesome! I use to use an iSkin, and the Contour Showcase, and let me tell you the Agent 18 is the best case ever!! It takes nothing away from the iPod!!!!
Here is the link in case anyone is interested. (http://www.agent18.com/flash/flash.cfm)

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 21, 2005, 10:21 PM
Right on with the Clickshield, I LOVE IT!! BEST CASE EVER!!

njmac
Aug 21, 2005, 10:29 PM
I just bought an iskin at the apple store today because it HAS a belt clip. hmmmm.... I may return it now. I would like a beltclip for when I am working in the yard and don't have any pockets.

allisonv7
Aug 22, 2005, 02:15 AM
I'm a case-aholic, I love to dress up my ipod :p

two ipod socks, green & pink, love them!
incase folio, mostly used for traveling
incase argyle sleeve (green) - too cute not to buy :)
iskin - I think I used this for about a day, can't stand it
plain old black standard incase

I think that's it :)

allison.

court
Aug 22, 2005, 05:22 PM
Does anyone have a picture of their ipod mini in one of the socks?? I just ordered mine was wondering how snug it will be in there? Anyone use the socks for anything else?? I wanted one for my cell phone.

bentley
Aug 22, 2005, 05:44 PM
green sock

gave the rest to friends.

chokedamp
Aug 22, 2005, 05:58 PM
A cool, tiny and lovely orange shock XD

Otto Rehhagel
Aug 22, 2005, 07:57 PM
For those of you who are a little too protective of your iPod, there is this:

Bulletproof iPod (http://homepage.mac.com/sideriver/cubesite/ipodcase/ipodcase.html)

Okay, it's custom made, but it looks great, and could have saved my last iPod from its untimely death.

mad jew
Aug 22, 2005, 08:11 PM
Freestyle it baby! Yeah!

It's my outside toy, I just expect it to get knocked up...

Although, every now and then I'm feeling incredibly compassionate and I chuck it down an old sock of mine. It's a pain trying to use the click wheel though. :(

bousozoku
Aug 22, 2005, 08:33 PM
Mine is an iSkin eVo2 and it seems to work pretty well. Love the tight fit, the plastic over the display, and the texture of the material for the case itself.

Nanda Devi
Aug 22, 2005, 09:12 PM
green sock

gave the rest to friends.

Same here - green sock for my green mini.

To the individual who asked about how snug the iPod fits in the sock... I don't have a photo of mine in the sock handy, but I can tell you that the socks are stretchy and it's definitely a snug enough fit. You do experience a bit of stretching out after extended use, but not so much that it's a problem (i.e., the iPod falls out). If you have a regular iPod as opposed to a mini, the sock will probably fit even better.

pammyspyce
Aug 23, 2005, 10:30 PM
Usually nothing. I have an STM backpack that I use as my purse/laptop bag/diaper bag. The backpack has a pocket for an iPod. If I put it in my purse I put it in a iPod sock. I have an iPod holder for the car and it has to be naked for the suction cup to work. It is a bit scratched, but I figure now I have a good excuse to upgrade often. Ha! :D

MacVM
Aug 24, 2005, 10:48 PM
I have my Covertec case. It's quite classy. :D

1rottenapple
Aug 24, 2005, 11:37 PM
For my mini, its everyday in my pocket use is a clear case from McNally with the original clear plastic film that covers the click-wheel that is included when apple ships the mini still on it to this day.

For running/working out, a Griffin arm strap.

My mini is in great shape, but it's only a few months old.

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 26, 2005, 02:03 PM
For you guys who use the iSkins...what about them do you like? I used them, but just never liked them, they got dirty, and didn't offer much protection imo. So, I'm just curious.