PDA

View Full Version : Mac Expo London

robbieduncan
Nov 19, 2002, 12:45 PM
So is anyone going to the Mac Expo in London this weekend? If so, which day? I think I'll probably go along on Saturday, maybe see you there :) Official Site (http://www.macexpo.co.uk/)

iGav
Nov 19, 2002, 01:24 PM
I've got my free ticket........... but it depends on whether the firemen insist on going on strike for 8 days...... because if they do, then the likely hood is that the Tube will go on strike, or atleast the deepest stations will (Angel is one of them) and that will make it a complete ar$e to get around....... And I hate buses cos I keep attracting nutters on them......

I certainly wouldn't pay to go, I went last year and it was a total waste of time...... a couple of Flash seminars and yet another demo of OSX hardly makes attendance compulsory!!

Why don't we get a Keynote???

wdlove
Nov 19, 2002, 05:07 PM
Hope you will post some photo's of your trip? Any rumors as to a possibel suprise @ Mac Expo London?

macphisto
Nov 20, 2002, 12:52 AM
I am keeping my ear to the ground and my browser refreshed (often), hopefully some surprises in store for us mac fans.

Falleron
Nov 20, 2002, 04:06 AM
Stupid fireman! I am sorry if there are any here, but, I really diagree with what they are doing! Anyway, getting back to the topic, I doubt there will be any new releases becuase Apple does not rate the UK Expo too high I dont think. Shame, if they did, I would be there!

robbieduncan
Nov 20, 2002, 04:37 AM
I don't expect any surprises, or any new products. But I've never been to any sort of Apple event before (although I've had a Mac for a couple of years, since the OSX public beta) and thought I'd go along. I also need a couple of small things for the iBook I am waiting to be delivered (today I've been told so I'm at home waiting for it). I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them when I get back :)

robbieduncan
Nov 22, 2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
I've got my free ticket........... but it depends on whether the firemen insist on going on strike for 8 days...... because if they do, then the likely hood is that the Tube will go on strike, or atleast the deepest stations will (Angel is one of them) and that will make it a complete ar$e to get around

OK, the strike is on (16% pay rise is not enough! I got 0% this year!!!), but Angel station is OPEN. I have got a confirmation, but no ticket. Chasing it up now. See you all there tomorrow :D

robbieduncan
Nov 23, 2002, 01:37 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/robbieduncan/PhotoAlbum8.html

DavoMrMac
Oct 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
If you would like to take a look, I did a lot of coverage of the event at www.geekanoids.co.uk

Enjoy!