Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_5_box_100.jpg

Apple is launching the iPhone 5 in 22 new countries and on a number of regional carriers in the U.S., one week after it went on sale in the U.S. and a number of the larger international markets.

Though the iPhone is sold out at Apple's online store -- it currently lists a 3-4 week wait-time on the U.S. branch -- the iPhone 5 goes on sale tomorrow in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

The iPhone 5 is also going on sale at a number of U.S. regional carriers, including Cricket, C Spire, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellcom, GCI, Golden State Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Pioneer Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, MTA Solutions, and nTelos.

Article Link: iPhone 5 Launches in 22 Countries and a Number of Rural Carriers Friday

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
I see the nz store already is showing 3-4 weeks. Is this the same for all online stores around the world? Will there be stock for 1-2 day delivery in poland does anyone know?

espressoroast

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Amsterdam
Yes!
I have been waiting for this (living in the Netherlands).
The question is, will they start online orders around midnight today and will we have some allocated stock for the first few order. Otherwise, I will have to drag myself to the Amsterdam store tomorrow.

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
They really should focus on filling customers perorders before bringing on more countries/carriers.

Not a wise choice on Apples part to say the least.

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
Awesome, so every country in the world gets a 4-6 week shipping estimate? I usually give Apple credit for announcing a product, and then shipping it soon after, but does it count if most people who want it can't get it? This doesn't seem much better than Windows Phone announcements being released in November, that's practically when a lot of people will get iPhone 5's.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I wonder how this will affect their sales numbers. They're opening up all these new markets, but they don't have any stock. Maybe they're saving up the big numbers for their next quarterly report.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
IRELAND PEOPLE

Does anyone know which carriers will have iPhones? I heard 3 is taking pre-orders but O2 may not have them. Does anyone know?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
might sound stupid here but...

do the backsides of the iPhones in other countries have different info? maybe these were already in production prior and are then ready for other countries, not the US market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.