Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeroAZ

Suspended
Jun 23, 2009
Phoenx, AZ
o m g ...

u can keep ur cdma models btw, no one in the rest of the world uses this outdated thing and even the at&t ones are different

I ordered my AT&T black iPhone 5 32GB monday night about 10pm, and picked it up at my local apple store 10am tuesday morning. I also picked up a white 32GB AT&T iPhone 5 while there for my wife since they had them in stock.

Henriok

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden
It's a good thing for Apple not to leave the rest of the world starving, reducing us to second or third rate rate customers so we'd turn to Samsung for our phones. Good for the Apple's US customers too. I think you can manage some weeks delay so that Apple prospers well in all markets.

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
JEEZ!

If people experienced the 3-4 weeks lead time notice when they ordered, their phone isn't even made yet. Apple has to have stock set aside to open in all the other countries in the meantime. If this bothers you, then don't click the BUY button. You know you have to wait. So wait without complaining.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
I see, so now they all have yellow/green tinted screens

Well mine does, measured it with a light meter to back up what I saw with fact:

iPhone5ScreenColour.png

And how that looks compared to my iPhone 4:

DAB48EB9-A11E-4866-B7C3-C1D60B43EA78-2955-000000E7A3291464_zps73143bec.jpg

So it's not just warmer in comparison and "off" by eye, making whites cream and skin tones sickly but measures that way too. Quite a few have complained about the same thing in the forums.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I just hope for some reason these will be perfect, unlike the current iPhones..

My iPhone is perfect and so are a lot of others, only a few batches got out bad.

wtf are they selling when they still owe me my iphone.. :mad:

how bout fulfill your current orders first you bastards

Because Apple sells worldwide and already allocated certain weeks to be dedicated to the international launch.

Because a commonly accepted definition of responsibility is to complete one commitment before taking on another? Because the people that have ordered, and have ALREADY PAID have fair expectation of having a product in hand before someone who hasn't?

Is that enough or do you need more?

Before Apple released for the initial launch, they have already allocated weeks of production to the international market, some of which use a different phone than is sold in the US. So they said they were releasing in other countries on the 28th, would not making anything for them be accepted as responsible?

maybe because Apple is a US company.

A U.S. company that sells globally.

Dresling

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Randers. Denmark
They really should focus on filling customers perorders before bringing on more countries/carriers.

Not a wise choice on Apples part to say the least.

Heeeey! So you're more important than mejust cause you're American and I'm European? You could have got in line dude.

----------

Number 14 in line in Randers, Denmark. :)

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
No Apple store to que up at in Ireland despite their European HQ being here, but hey, I'll try and get one asap on the Online store :D

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
u can keep ur cdma models btw, no one in the rest of the world uses this outdated thing and even the at&t ones are different so we dont "take anything from u" in the first place

What radio bands do the European models cover?

I'm wondering if a person buying off-contract, and who plans to travel, would be better served trying to get a European or Japanese iPhone rather than a US AT&T model.

2crazy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2012
Saint Louis
wtf are they selling when they still owe me my iphone.. :mad:

how bout fulfill your current orders first you bastards

I went to a local Apple store on Sunday and bought an iPhone there. They still had iPhones until Tuesday, but I was too late to buy a second one for my girlfriend. So, I then went to Best Buy and bought one there. They had 4 left.

I don't know what it's like in other cities, but here in St Louis, MO you could just buy one with no waiting time. All this waiting in line craziness let me to believe that they would be all sold within hours.

dangermouse1987

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
getting two tomorrow in switzerland but just because my mate works in a phone shop.. or else i wouldnt have stood a chance of getting one because this year its really annoying. you could only order online at the carriers (swisscom)
and not walk into the shop and get them

ahireasu

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Because a commonly accepted definition of responsibility is to complete one commitment before taking on another? Because the people that have ordered, and have ALREADY PAID have fair expectation of having a product in hand before someone who hasn't?

Is that enough or do you need more?

Then tell us why apple launched the iphone in 7 more countries when they couldn't fill up the US market.
Apple said at 21/9 they are launching at 8 countries and at 28/9 at 22 more and on 5/10 .... do you get it?they just follow schedule thats a responsibility too and a commitment they made with the world,you can't go out and say "ehh sorry because we were unable to fulfill all the orders in US we will delay the iphone 5 launch to your countries for a couple of weeks more,sorry" see how that works out then. :D

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
Yes!
I have been waiting for this (living in the Netherlands).
The question is, will they start online orders around midnight today and will we have some allocated stock for the first few order. Otherwise, I will have to drag myself to the Amsterdam store tomorrow.

Hi there im in holland as well, do u have any info for the online orders?
should i stay awake til 00:00 and maybe we can already order or you think that it will be possible from tomorow 08:00?

its to cold to go to amsterdam now from Breda :)

ahireasu

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
I went to a local Apple store on Sunday and bought an iPhone there. They still had iPhones until Tuesday, but I was too late to buy a second one for my girlfriend. So, I then went to Best Buy and bought one there. They had 4 left.

I don't know what it's like in other cities, but here in St Louis, MO you could just buy one with no waiting time. All this waiting in line craziness let me to believe that they would be all sold within hours.

Naah they didn't sold out,it is all adv trick and you are a living proof of that. ;)

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
do you worry about shipping it? well, unfortunately it will be more delayed because apple switched to Japanese companies. one of them are almost bankrupt, cut 11,000 people, sold part of company to Foxconn. they can't afford to build that many iphone parts. there is only one company which can do all. Samsung. apple cut the deal. now, they got what they treated competitor. people will get mad quickly. many people won't wait to get it forever. people will cancel their order, buy other smartphones which equip better spec.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
MacBookPro13";15893416 said:
The Ireland one's will have different wall plugs inside as well.

So people complaining that USA should get all their orders filled first, make no sense.

Thanks...what I was thinking and as such, these phones are already positioned for other countries.

I understand the qualm from US customers but if everyone else waited, maybe nobody else would get phones for a while. Around my area the phones are constantly sold out.

Best of Luck to the world customers.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Well, some nerve!!

I can't order until Oct 7 (upgrade date), and now I'll have to wait longer for my phone!

Starting to sell it to all those foreign people will inconvenience ME. MY need for instant gratification will be delayed, all because of those foreign sales.

Don't us AMERICANS always come first!?

Most importantly, don't I come first!?

Some nerve...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
When will apple release the unlocked version and when will Straight Talk offer nano SIMs?

Edit: the yellow tint has been brought up with every iPhone released all the way back to the 3GS. It's the bonding glue from the factory since they were manufactured so recently. It will go away in a week.

mike-sr29

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Northern California
Mine is sitting at my mailbox waiting to be united with its new owner tonite! Otter case will be delivered today and new lightning cable is waiting in the mailbox. Big day today. :) :apple:

Skulls

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
I was like "wtf? my country is still not in the second list?" initially, but now i'm more like a "let's every scruff/tint/purple halo/+more_crap_to_pop_up before i decide" Galaxy Note 2 is almost here - a week at most.

Good marketing, apple, good work *thumbs up*...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.