PDA

View Full Version : segway has stolen macos logo!!

superkatalog
Nov 19, 2002, 06:31 PM
segway (www.segway.com), the manufactor of the new "transportation device" has stolen the mac os logo for the display of the device!

beez7777
Nov 19, 2002, 06:55 PM
hmm. thats weird. does anyone know if apple is in anyway connected to segway?i think i remember something about an iSegway a while back, a segway with an imac attatched :confused:

Gus
Nov 19, 2002, 06:57 PM
Steve Jobs is one of the financiers behind Dean Kamen and the Segway. He was one of the first to get to try it out. It is odd, though, the similarity between the logos. Maybe Jobs figures Apple doesn't need that logo anymore. A little curious.

Gus

mac15
Nov 19, 2002, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Since Jobs financed it, then we've got nothing to worry about

medea
Nov 19, 2002, 09:13 PM
It's actually supposed to be functional, it actually transmits information to you, what information I have no clue though.

job
Nov 19, 2002, 09:29 PM
It's the cameo return of the Happy Mac!

Macmaniac
Nov 20, 2002, 12:09 PM
YAY Steve found a good new home for Happy Mac!!!!

Dean Kamen sponsers my robotics team, check it out at www.usfirst.org

Hemingray
Nov 20, 2002, 12:23 PM
Guys, this is not the Happy Mac! This is the MacOS logo. And the MacOS logo has a smiley face on both sides and TWO eyes... well, just look down at your dock. It may hint at the logo with the stylized side profile of the face on one side, but that's where the similarities end...

wn3_z
Nov 20, 2002, 01:17 PM
amazon.com is now accepting purchases for seyways..

tjwett
Nov 20, 2002, 05:07 PM
yeah, they've had that logo since the beginning. i think it was definitely "inspired" by the Mac OS logo. probably not similar enough for a lawsuit though.

job
Nov 20, 2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray
Guys, this is not the Happy Mac! This is the MacOS logo. And the MacOS logo has a smiley face on both sides and TWO eyes... well, just look down at your dock. It may hint at the logo with the stylized side profile of the face on one side, but that's where the similarities end...

Ok fine...I got the icons mixed up.. ;) :p

But still, it's nice to see some sort of Mac influence...especially now since the MacOS logo has been also removed from start-up.

I hate the gray Apple logo...

MacCoaster
Nov 20, 2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by hitman
I hate the gray Apple logo...
Then replace it using MacBoot 1.0 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12738).

job
Nov 20, 2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I'm going to this weekend. :)

Gus
Nov 21, 2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Gus
It is odd, though, the similarity between the logos.
Gus

Notice I said similarity between the logos. Not, WOW! Those are exactly the same! That being said, Hemingray, you are right. They are not exactly the same, and it is not the Happy Mac.

Gus