Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
Cool, i wish they did that for my school... i wish we had macs :( we are full of M$ 98 and it sucks... could go back and have a powerbook each.... i wish. :D

cyas!

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Arh, very lucky school!

My old school only had an old iMac G4 which was subjected to the dust of one of our DT workshops :eek: . One of our DT teachers tried to get an iBook through the schools LfT (Laptops for Teachers) campaign but the school refused! :eek:

Lucky!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Gil_Grissom said:
Arh, very lucky school!

My old school only had an old iMac G4 which was subjected to the dust of one of our DT workshops :eek: . One of our DT teachers tried to get an iBook through the schools LfT (Laptops for Teachers) campaign but the school refused! :eek:

Lucky!

Feeling old. When I left school they had just purchased 10 Amstrad PCW512's for the whole school, as an upgrade from the single BBC Micro on a trolly that went from class to class!

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
Were those Dell monitors? :eek:

My (old) school district opened a "common" technology school to be shared between the six high schools five years ago. Apple gave us a $500,000 grant to buy equipment. We have a full studio with 5 Canon XL-1s, 20 handicams, 20 ibooks, two computer labs (Mac & PC), and lots of pro software. We may not have monitor speakers, but we've got Cinema displays. :D

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
mpw said:
Feeling old. When I left school they had just purchased 10 Amstrad PCW512's for the whole school, as an upgrade from the single BBC Micro on a trolly that went from class to class!
They still had one of those BBC machines when I left! Ah memories!! :) It still works nicely, was used to power a small lathe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.