Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Has anyone experienced odd issues with iCloud over the past few days?

For instance I'm frequently getting logged out of my icloud session on both my iPhone and Mac. I log in and then later I get some sort of error message that I'm not logged in to perform what ever I'm doing

iMessage on my mac, game center on my iPhone, find my friends on my iPhone.

Anyone else seeing this?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The only thing I've seen is iMessage getting logged out. Happened to me when I upgraded to to iOS 6 the first day or two, then again it happened yesterday.

Otherwise I don't use iCloud for much else. It's just been mildly unreliable IMO since the days of .Mac. So I use the email portion as a throw away account.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Nope... been pretty actively using iCloud services on OS X and iPhone the last few days and not seeing any of those issues.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'll give it a few more days to see if the problems clear up. Seems a bit coincidental that iCloud email addresses are getting enabled and I started having a problem. Perhaps now that its enabled my problems will stop

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I haven't been getting any of these issues you report. In fact, iCloud saved my bacon yesterday. The teacher didn't give us a paper copy of the homework assignment, so I typed it in a Note on my iPad. iCloud then synced it to my Mac, where I could print it. :D

I'll also admit that I don't have any games that take advantage of Game Center on the Mac, and of my Game Center-enabled iOS games, I have yet to unlock anything interesting. I also don't use Messages due to having nobody to chat with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.