Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dscan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
So after weeks of deliberation (on his part) and convincing (on my part), he finally placed an order for the 12" ibook (768 Mb RAM, 60 Gig HDD) this morning.

I'm looking fwd to it more than him as I will get to play with Tiger :D :D

Thanks to you guys for providing input!! I can't wait!!!

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
yay good luck
have fun teaching him everything on the mac
i had to do that with my parents what a nightmare

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I want to switch my parents when they need a new machine, probably a year or two away now. Any advice? I've got good groundwork laid, I think. My dad is getting so he complains about Microsoft everytime he has to call me to troubleshoot his PCs :D

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
I cant get my mom to switch. :(

My dad is Mac'er since the beginning, so I'm Mac'er too. But my mom needs AutoCAD for her work and she says she got used to a lot of PC things. :eek:

dscan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
Heb1228 said:
I want to switch my parents when they need a new machine, probably a year or two away now. Any advice? I've got good groundwork laid, I think. My dad is getting so he complains about Microsoft everytime he has to call me to troubleshoot his PCs :D

I think my dad finally realized for himself after the HP PC we have started getting slower and slooower and slooooooower. And everytime I took a look at it there was nothing apparently WRONG ... had to run anti spyware software everytime and blech... things just got ugly.

And he started playing more and more with my 14" iBook :mad: when i made the slight suggestion that the new iBooks were out and they're really cool! hehe.... and then he saw the light!!!! The only real deliberation on his part was whether to go 12" or 14"

godbout

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
Montreal, Canada
My Dad was a PC guy too... for a long time... but I started on the mac about 6 years ago and started working on him... it took a long time, not because he did not see that the mac was better but just because he already had laptops from work etc. What really got him was when he bought a DV camcorder... I edited a little movie about our new puppy and he was hooked... Got an iMac G5 right when they came out :) The PC was given away (with a smile) and the laptop no loger gets used... Happy ending :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.