PDA

View Full Version : Burned DVD, its skipping. Any suggestions?

NOSUP4U
Aug 29, 2005, 03:23 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum so bear with me if I screw something up. I just switched over to the MAC world... :)

I have an ibook with internal CD/DVD drive. OS X. I am trying to make a backup copy of a DVD to the external DVD burner (Fantom Drives brand) I have. I've burned movies from my camcorder without problem. But now when I'm trying to copy a premade DVD using Toast Lite, it creates the DVD, and the DVD plays on my TV's DVD player, but it skips and the audio is choppy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks from a MAC newbie,
Mark

Nermal
Aug 29, 2005, 05:48 PM
Does the problem still occur with Apple's DVD player app? If not, then maybe your standalone player doesn't like the type of media you're using.

PS. It's Mac, not MAC. A MAC is a unique identifier for a network card :)

Phat_Pat
Aug 29, 2005, 08:17 PM
try a different brand of dvds if you get multiple failures.

sometimes the disc is just cheap and crappy...

neocell
Aug 29, 2005, 08:58 PM
Burned DVD, its skipping. Any suggestions?
Put a glass on it. :D

I don't know if it's an option for Toast Lite but try burning with the buffer underrun protection on and verify the disc to make sure all the data's on it properly. Maybe your DVD player just doesn't like the make of blanks you're using as Phat_Pat said, try some other brands

macvac
Aug 31, 2005, 08:37 AM
Here is another way to burn a previously copied DVD.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42724

macvac
Aug 31, 2005, 10:31 AM
Also, you need to be sure you exported a self-contained video file. Drag & drop it on the desktop to be sure.