Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOSUP4U

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Hi, I'm new to the forum so bear with me if I screw something up. I just switched over to the MAC world... :)

I have an ibook with internal CD/DVD drive. OS X. I am trying to make a backup copy of a DVD to the external DVD burner (Fantom Drives brand) I have. I've burned movies from my camcorder without problem. But now when I'm trying to copy a premade DVD using Toast Lite, it creates the DVD, and the DVD plays on my TV's DVD player, but it skips and the audio is choppy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks from a MAC newbie,
Mark

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Does the problem still occur with Apple's DVD player app? If not, then maybe your standalone player doesn't like the type of media you're using.

PS. It's Mac, not MAC. A MAC is a unique identifier for a network card :)

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
NOSUP4U said:
Burned DVD, its skipping. Any suggestions?
Put a glass on it. :D

I don't know if it's an option for Toast Lite but try burning with the buffer underrun protection on and verify the disc to make sure all the data's on it properly. Maybe your DVD player just doesn't like the make of blanks you're using as Phat_Pat said, try some other brands

macvac

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2005
Midwest USA
Skipping

Also, you need to be sure you exported a self-contained video file. Drag & drop it on the desktop to be sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.