PDA

View Full Version : passwords are not used from keychain

mzayats
Oct 17, 2012, 10:42 AM
Since I have upgraded to Mountain Lion, I have huge problems with passwords throughout the system.

Although, passwords get stored into the keychain, they are not being used by almost any application or system service that I tried.

Wifi keeps asking for username and password each time I change network.
All websites ask for passwords, Messages App, Mail, Calendar - everything I tried.

Tried removing all passwords from Keychain, they get recreated by the apps, but not used. Tried First-Aid on Keychain - nothing wrong.

any ideas?

Weaselboy
Oct 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
As long as have all your passwords noted somewhere, you can just delete the two files in ~/Library/Keychains then logout and log back in and a new, blank keychain will be created.

To get to the folder click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. Then press shift-command-g (all three at once) and type ~/Library/Keychains in the resulting popup and hit enter. You will see two keychain files in the folder. Delete both and logout and back in.

mzayats
Oct 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
As long as have all your passwords noted somewhere, you can just delete the two files in ~/Library/Keychains then logout and log back in and a new, blank keychain will be created.

To get to the folder click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. Then press shift-command-g (all three at once) and type ~/Library/Keychains in the resulting popup and hit enter. You will see two keychain files in the folder. Delete both and logout and back in.

Thanks a lot, it worked very well! Still not sure what was the root cause for the corruption, but for the time being it's fine.