Oct 21, 2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/benchmarking-the-iphone-5-7000006045/

haruhiko
Oct 21, 2012, 10:31 PM
but...but....Android is open! :D

Blorzoga
Oct 21, 2012, 11:01 PM

But, but, what about widgets? It doesn't have widgets.

sectime
Oct 21, 2012, 11:05 PM
But, but, what about widgets? It doesn't have widgets.
Or a good sized screen:apple:

Hpye
Oct 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
But but s3 has grainy pentile screen

ironman159
Oct 21, 2012, 11:16 PM
But, but... the S3 is made for humans! From nature, that is... :p

Applejuiced
Oct 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
But, but, what about that cool trick where you touch phones to pass a playlist?:D

kamalds
Oct 21, 2012, 11:21 PM

No, it doesn't. I have used it before I moved to Note 2 and is one of the best displays I've ever used.

Stick to your liliputian display!

Southernboyj
Oct 21, 2012, 11:27 PM

While I agree IPS > Pentile.. The last thing the Galaxy S3's display is would be grainy. It's a great display and produces great vivid (albeit sometimes slightly unnatural) colors.

cababah
Oct 21, 2012, 11:30 PM
'But iOS 6 has gotten rather refined and stable...so stable that it did not crash nearly as much as Android which made it a less exciting experience. That is why Android is a better operating system.'

ixodes
Oct 21, 2012, 11:33 PM

It does? From what I've read it's quite good.

From looking at mine, it's great.

cynics
Oct 21, 2012, 11:38 PM
Riveting, a newer phone is faster then an older phone. I'm willing to bet this is a trend we will continue to see as we always have....

fizzwinkus
Oct 21, 2012, 11:45 PM
it should be riveting; a dual core 1.3ghz cpu is besting a quad core 1.5ghz cpu.

one of those is a large, power hungry beast and the other is an iPhone.

GoSh4rks
Oct 21, 2012, 11:48 PM
Riveting, a newer phone is faster then an older phone. I'm willing to bet this is a trend we will continue to see as we always have....

In a few months time when A15 powered phones are out, there will be dozens of people in these forums that will downplay any perceivable advantage of those new phones.

Biases, don't you love them?

F123D
Oct 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
I love how iPhone users say they don't care about specs or features when comparing android devices and say "it's all about the user experience" yet they gloat over the exact same things if the iPhone comes out on top.

fizzwinkus
Oct 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
specs? the iphone 5 loses to the gs3 on specs.

where the iphone is better is anytime you're using it. that's not a spec.

cababah
Oct 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
Edit. Didn't fully read article. My bad

jetlitheone
Oct 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
I have an s3 US version and on geekbench it only gets 1350 points. and thats with an overclock so...

Must be international:rolleyes:

cynics
Oct 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
it should be riveting; a dual core 1.3ghz cpu is besting a quad core 1.5ghz cpu.

one of those is a large, power hungry beast and the other is an iPhone.

I'm an iPhone guy, don't really compare specs. Most of the time I have an incredibly difficult time seeing the speed difference between the 4S and 5. So in real world how would a phone that is in between them in performance be all that earth shattering?

This is as silly as when the S3 was trumping the older 4S. I'm sure a couple months from now there will be a faster Android phone out and we will have to hear about that and the cycle will continue.

fizzwinkus
Oct 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
I'm an iPhone guy, don't really compare specs. Most of the time I have an incredibly difficult time seeing the speed difference between the 4S and 5. So in real world how would a phone that is in between them in performance be all that earth shattering?

This is as silly as when the S3 was trumping the older 4S. I'm sure a couple months from now there will be a faster Android phone out and we will have to hear about that and the cycle will continue.

what that means is the iphone 5's processor uses significantly less battery for the same or better performance. that means it can be thinner and lighter, and still run as long. differences between the 4s and 5 are easy to see when multitasking, or in battery life. my iphone 5 lasts significantly longer than my 4s did. enough that i don't need to worry about it at all for a day. that's a pretty big improvement to me.

if i were using an android phone, it would have to be much bigger and heavier to get through the same usage. i'm very much enjoying not having an awkward bulge in my pants all day. androids will soon start shipping with a15 based SOCs. while it will improve performance over the iphone 5, it's a server oriented chip that's going to be even bigger and hungrier.

----------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review/13

some of the best battery testing i've seen in a while.

eeguh
Oct 22, 2012, 12:19 AM

Yep.

Just as a side note, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the new Nexus phone (more so than Galaxy Note 2).

Vetvito
Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
^they're getting bigger? You sure about that or making stuff up?

Wow, thats a weird theory. Newer tech beating older tech, that's wild.

Gathomblipoob
Oct 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
i'm very much enjoying not having an awkward bulge in my pants all day.

I'd rather enjoy it...

fizzwinkus
Oct 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'd rather enjoy it...

an appropriate bulge, yes. but then having to explain it's a phone? that's an awkward bulge.;)

Kaze105
Oct 22, 2012, 12:30 AM

+1. Came from android and I guess this is simply everywhere. On the forum i visit a lot, people were boasting that the iphone 4s was better than the older android phones and then different people were boasting that the newer android beats the iphone 4s.

Although no one is really boasting, but still the same thing.

Number of CPU cores doesnt even really matter for me. 4 cores doesnt mean it will always be better than 2 cores., if you know about computers, im sure you know why.

cynics
Oct 22, 2012, 12:31 AM
what that means is the iphone 5's processor uses significantly less battery for the same or better performance. that means it can be thinner and lighter, and still run as long. differences between the 4s and 5 are easy to see when multitasking, or in battery life. my iphone 5 lasts significantly longer than my 4s did. enough that i don't need to worry about it at all for a day. that's a pretty big improvement to me.

if i were using an android phone, it would have to be much bigger and heavier to get through the same usage. i'm very much enjoying not having an awkward bulge in my pants all day. androids will soon start shipping with a15 based SOCs. while it will improve performance over the iphone 5, it's a server oriented chip that's going to be even bigger and hungrier.

----------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review/13

some of the best battery testing i've seen in a while.

I'd say that's a stretch as far as battery performance goes. There is much more too it then just cores and clock speed. In my experience with Android and a tegra 2 device I was able to gain performance and battery life by overclocking because I could undervolt it. Then you have a big factor of time to idle meaning the time it takes to get the process done then back to idle.

Idevices have always had a reputation of good battery life. But in my experience I'm always doing a lot more with my Xoom then my iPad for example. Widgets, live wallpapers, etc etc. And if I jailbreak and do those things the battery life becomes a lot more comparable.

Btw I'm trying to stay neutral as I have had good experiences with both devices.

mcdj
Oct 22, 2012, 01:08 AM
No one cares. No one has ever cared. No one will ever care. It's a TELEPHONE.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/479247/news.jpg

Southernboyj
Oct 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
I love how iPhone users say they don't care about specs or features when comparing android devices and say "it's all about the user experience" yet they gloat over the exact same things if the iPhone comes out on top.

I'm currently using an iPhone 5 and I don't have this mindset. Then again, I also love vanilla Android and own a Nexus 7, and have owned a Galaxy Nexus and a Galaxy S3.

zbarvian
Oct 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
How a lower clocked, dual-core A6 can smack around a higher clocked, quad-core Exynos while being more frugal with its battery use is beyond me. It's a pretty amazing chip, no doubt.

towg
Oct 22, 2012, 03:23 AM
I have an s3 US version and on geekbench it only gets 1350 points. and thats with an overclock so...

Must be international:rolleyes:

I've got the International version and it got 1783. Not bad - whats the iPhone 5s result?

Heres mine

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u589/towg/Screenshot_2012-10-22-20-11-58_zps8937b495.png

throAU
Oct 22, 2012, 04:15 AM

And as I keep saying the reason why?

NATIVE CODE

Android doesn't run a lot of stuff native, so the spec-sheet e-peen measuring is quite far from being representative of real performance.

daveathall
Oct 22, 2012, 04:59 AM
I think that it has got to the stage where the differences have become so minuscule that for all intent and purpose are indistinguishable. I had an iPhone 5 and a SGS3, if I had noticed any difference in the performance, the phone that performed better I would have kept, it's as simple as that, there wasn't a clear winner though.

IMHO the days of "Android is laggy, clunky, freezes and crashes" are in the minds of those that haven't used any up to date Android Flagship devices, or are just repeating it for effect or argument.

I kept my S3 and sold my iP5, not because it worked faster or better, it didn't, IMHO, they were on a par with each other, both superb devices, but on this occasion, I preferred the S3. My mind hasn't changed so far, especially since my device has been updated to Jelly Bean this morning.

Blorzoga
Oct 22, 2012, 07:16 AM
But, but, what about that cool trick where you touch phones to pass a playlist?:D

Yeah, I had to manually transcribe a playlist to my buddy's phone on the way to the studio. It was so time consuming.

MacRumorUser
Oct 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
IMHO the days of "Android is laggy, clunky, freezes and crashes" are in the minds of those that haven't used an up to date Android device, or are just repeating it for effect or argument.

or have they may experienced the cheaper android devices perhaps... Some of those devices that carriers push on Pay As You Go Tariff's are terrible indeed...

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 07:49 AM

Hah! Iphone users are mostly so utterly clueless. If you can't "feel" web pages load at half the speed... Hahaha

daveathall
Oct 22, 2012, 07:50 AM
or have they may experienced the cheaper android devices perhaps... Some of those devices that carriers push on Pay As You Go Tariff's are terrible indeed...

Yep there is that, I was guilty of portraying all things equal, which of course is wrong, I should have, and will add "Android Flagship devices" somewhere in my post.

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 07:58 AM
No one cares. No one has ever cared. No one will ever care. It's a TELEPHONE.

Image (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/479247/news.jpg)

It's true, except people pay money for these so they defend their own purchasing decisions as if their family honor depended on it.

Lol seriously, most are clueless masses. I've owned them all, bought them all. Discarded the trash like the galaxy s3 (sold rather) as aside from the nice big screen, everything about it was still inferior, from display quality (lol @ the noobs here, the AMOLED in the galaxy is Pure crap. Pink tint bleeds and ink spots, half the brightness and non-whites, awful colorshifts and yes, you can see Pentile in text rendering at close focal distances) to UI speeds to app selection and sound quality.

The iPhone 5 is full of QC issues but compared to a plastic crap box from Samsung it's like a goddamn Aston Martin.

THE JUICEMAN
Oct 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
IMHO the days of "Android is laggy, clunky, freezes and crashes" are in the minds of those that haven't used any up to date Android Flagship devices, or are just repeating it for effect or argument.

+1 android deserved the bad reputation that it has. It used to be awful. Now all of that it is smoothed out.

IMO I would only compare a Nexus device to an iPhone because they are on a more level playing field. The both are their respective companies vision of what a phone should be. If you compare samsungs version of what THEY think android should be then it is a lot different than what google thinks.

Edit: I am so happy that I no longer have such a strong brand loyalty to a company that doesn't give a sh&t about me. I am free to choose what's best for me.

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 09:10 AM
+1 android deserved the bad reputation that it has. It used to be awful. Now all of that it is smoothed out.

IMO I would only compare a Nexus device to an iPhone because they are on a more level playing field. The both are their respective companies vision of what a phone should be. If you compare samsungs version of what THEY think android should be then it is a lot different than what google thinks.

Edit: I am so happy that I no longer have such a strong brand loyalty to a company that doesn't give a sh&t about me. I am free to choose what's best for me.

And support has always been a real issue of what's best for you. Samsung and Google offer jack in terms of user support.

With an I device, at least you know you're not screwed if a button stops working or a graphics components inside malfunctions. You'll get a replacement in minutes at a nearby apple store.

THE JUICEMAN
Oct 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
And support has always been a real issue of what's best for you. Samsung and Google offer jack in terms of user support.

With an I device, at least you know you're not screwed if a button stops working or a graphics components inside malfunctions. You'll get a replacement in minutes at a nearby apple store.

That's a very good argument. And one great advantage. Personally, I choose to buy insurance for my phones so this is not an issue for me. I have purchased apple care and best buy insurance. Because apples warranty is limited and expires after a year without additional insurance.

LIVEFRMNYC
Oct 22, 2012, 10:20 AM
OMG.... As soon as I opened this thread, all the amazing functions on my GS3 stopped working. :eek:

I now must slam my GS3 on the ground and purchase an IP5.

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 10:26 AM
That's a very good argument. And one great advantage. Personally, I choose to buy insurance for my phones so this is not an issue for me. I have purchased apple care and best buy insurance. Because apples warranty is limited and expires after a year without additional insurance.

Both are equally worthless. If you happen to destroy your iphone under a car, apple replaces it for $229. Under warranty or 5 years out of warranty. You spend much more on worthless insurance policies that take longer to claim and cost you money no matter what, rather than on a per incident basis.

Well no I take that back, android phones are worthless anyway. I could barely sell my brand new Galaxy S3 at 50% off retail price while an iPhone would sell up to 50% above retail price. Better to just buy another galaxy on Craigslist for pennies.

Six8
Oct 22, 2012, 10:28 AM
50% above retail? Lol. Full retail or subsidized price?

ReallyBigFeet
Oct 22, 2012, 10:39 AM

Maybe because "better specs!" is ALL most Phandroids have to crow about so its rather ironic when those "better specs!" turn out to be bogus.

Just like all the Phandroids that now proclaim "UI is butter now with ICS!" See, it works both ways. And for the record, I think the User Experience for ICS _IS_ a total win for Android. And its about time it got there. Maybe that's the real reason for those "better specs!" in the first place....you need the horsepower to accomplish a better UX perhaps?

Gathomblipoob
Oct 22, 2012, 11:13 AM
I've got the International version and it got 1783. Not bad - whats the iPhone 5s result?

Heres mine: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1184089

My iPhone 5 benches at 1630.

jetlitheone
Oct 22, 2012, 11:13 AM

Heres mine: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1184089

About 1650 +/- 15

xuselppa
Oct 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
Benchmarks... almost as worthless as iOS maps. :D

I do love the rivalry between Apple fans and Google/Android fans, although there are some drastically limiting features with iDevices, in terms of performance of doing tasks, we are at a point in needing to split hairs to see the differences. When you click on an app like say Jetpack Joyride on an iPhone 5 or S3 and one loads .00005 seconds faster or provides 1fps difference, are you gonna notice? Nope. Just like a person cain't see any pixelization between the 720p display on the S3 vs a 'retina' display on an iphone, unless you hold it about 3 inches from your eyeball and squint.

Calling a phone a 'piece of crap' because you are unable to formulate any sort of intelligible or valid reason, just shows how close minded some are. Most complaints are subjective anyway.

BTW, benchmarks are easily manipulated, unless you have a brand new phone, right out of the box to test. Your personal phone can have wildly different scores than someone else with the same phone.

sc4rf4c3
Oct 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
iPhone 5 - "Well I bench around 1650."
US Galaxy S3 - "I bench 1450 but I can do 1700 if I overclock."
I9300 - "I bench 1800."

It's like working out in the gym.

Dontazemebro
Oct 22, 2012, 12:22 PM

My HTC One X LTE

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/jaytrajik/2ray_zpsbc8ab7db.png

Gathomblipoob
Oct 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
My HTC One X LTE

Image (http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/jaytrajik/2ray_zpsbc8ab7db.png)

Was replying to a specific post; wasn't trying to ignite a benchmark war. :D

Question, though: why do so many international models feature quad-core processors, while the U.S. models use dual_core?

Dontazemebro
Oct 22, 2012, 12:42 PM

Yea i know but who doesnt like a good ol benchmarking show down :D

Six8
Oct 22, 2012, 12:49 PM

Question, though: why do so many international models feature quad-core processors, while the U.S. models use dual_core?

Supposedly LTE was the reason

THE JUICEMAN
Oct 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
Both are equally worthless. If you happen to destroy your iphone under a car, apple replaces it for $229. Under warranty or 5 years out of warranty. You spend much more on worthless insurance policies that take longer to claim and cost you money no matter what, rather than on a per incident basis.

Well no I take that back, android phones are worthless anyway. I could barely sell my brand new Galaxy S3 at 50% off retail price while an iPhone would sell up to 50% above retail price. Better to just buy another galaxy on Craigslist for pennies.

Actually, if I crushed my iPhone with AppleCare insurance I would pay $50 and $0 with best buy. I was talking about insurance not warranty. Your second comment makes it clear that you just want to argue for the sake of arguing so I won't respond to that. Lol

zbarvian
Oct 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
My HTC One X LTE

Image (http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/jaytrajik/2ray_zpsbc8ab7db.png)

It looks like you're overclocking, eh?

Dontazemebro
Oct 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
Supposedly LTE was the reason

Yep, but now they're loading up the Tegra 3 quad chip in the One X+ for everybody.

Bout time too, I've always been envious of the int'l phones.

----------

It looks like you're overclocking, eh?

Of course, that's my option :D

zbarvian
Oct 22, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yep, but now they're loading up the Tegra 3 quad chip in the One X+ for everybody.

Bout time too, I've always been envious of the int'l phones.

----------

Of course, that's my option :D

I know, but it's misleading because you're artificially boosting your score.

onthecouchagain
Oct 22, 2012, 01:13 PM
Suddenly, new hardware beats iPhone 5 in benchmarks...

"Eh, benchmarks don't matter..."

Suddenly, iPhone 5S wins in benchmarks again...

"Eat it, non-Apple devices! Muahaha."

zbarvian
Oct 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Suddenly, new hardware beats iPhone 5 in benchmarks...

"Eh, benchmarks don't matter!"

Give it a rest, man. Please?

onthecouchagain
Oct 22, 2012, 01:20 PM

Arguing against Android problems of yesteryear is the number one straw man technique on this forum. Number 2 is using obscurantisms to inflate the issues that do exist.

Wait, there's more!... While pretending iOS doesn't ever lag or stutter (dream world) or isn't fragmented too.

----------

Give it a rest, man. Please?

As an Apple fan, you should be with me in calling out the fanboys. They are detrimental to Apple, and I think you know it.

Besides, why are you in this section of the forums if you don't want to read this sort of stuff? You also have the option of blocking me if you want to turn a blind eye.

Dontazemebro
Oct 22, 2012, 01:22 PM

Artificial? HA HA only an iphone apologist would say that.

I guess I'm misleading my phone into actually thinking it would gain added performance when overclocked and set to performance governor.

.......but, you've never had that option with the iPhone so I guess you can't understand.

zbarvian
Oct 22, 2012, 01:31 PM
Arguing against Android problems of yesteryear is the number one straw man technique on this forum. Number 2 is using obscurantisms to inflate the issues that do exist.

Wait, there's more!... While pretending iOS doesn't ever lag or stutter (dream world) or isn't fragmented too.

----------

As an Apple fan, you should be with me in calling out the fanboys. They are detrimental to Apple, and I think you know it.

Besides, why are you in this section of the forums if you don't want to read this sort of stuff? You also have the option of blocking me if you want to turn a blind eye.

I'm with you, but hearing the same rehashed cry is really tiresome.

----------

Artificial? HA HA only an iphone apologist would say that.

I guess I'm misleading my phone into actually thinking it would gain added performance when overclocked and set to performance governor.

.......but, you've never had that option with the iPhone so I guess you can't understand.

I think we can both agree that overclocking is artificial. It's not the clock speed intended for the device. And can you admit it's impressive for a 1.3 GHz chip to compete so well with your 1.9 GHz chip? That's a feat in my book. Either Android is fundamentally slower than iOS, or the A6 and iOS are just super-tuned for each other, probably both.

Dontazemebro
Oct 22, 2012, 01:40 PM
I'm with you, but hearing the same rehashed cry is really tiresome.

----------

I think we can both agree that overclocking is artificial. It's not the clock speed intended for the device. And can you admit it's impressive for a 1.3 GHz chip to compete so well with your 1.9 GHz chip? That's a feat in my book. Either Android is fundamentally slower than iOS, or the A6 and iOS are just super-tuned for each other, probably both.

Artificial would imply that I gain no added benefit so no, I wouldn't agree that overclocking is artificial.

I will agree that the A6 chip is impressive though.

sc4rf4c3
Oct 22, 2012, 01:42 PM
My AT&T S3 running the latest Android 4.1.2.

Tarzanman
Oct 22, 2012, 01:59 PM

I am confused. Your thread title says one thing, but the article you link to says this:

"The Android-based Samsung Galaxy S III delivers comparable performance in all areas except 3D games. Having said that, it beats the iPhone 5 in PassMark's PerformanceTest Mobile 2D Graphics test by some distance"

Meaning that unless you're in the business of splitting hairs, the phones are roughly on par with one another in terms of what the results of their tests mean.

Ignoring the open aspect, the S3/Android does a whole lot of things out of the box that the iPhone 5/iOS 6 does not do.... all while still offering "comperable performance".

How is this a win for the iPhone 5?

towg
Oct 22, 2012, 02:19 PM

Yay - first time I've won anything. What do I get? :D

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
Actually, if I crushed my iPhone with AppleCare insurance I would pay $50 and $0 with best buy. I was talking about insurance not warranty. Your second comment makes it clear that you just want to argue for the sake of arguing so I won't respond to that. Lol

You don't pay $50, you paid $150.

Bestbuy probably cost you just as much adding it all up.

Markyboy81
Oct 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
It's true, except people pay money for these so they defend their own purchasing decisions as if their family honor depended on it.

Lol seriously, most are clueless masses. I've owned them all, bought them all. Discarded the trash like the galaxy s3 (sold rather) as aside from the nice big screen, everything about it was still inferior, from display quality (lol @ the noobs here, the AMOLED in the galaxy is Pure crap. Pink tint bleeds and ink spots, half the brightness and non-whites, awful colorshifts and yes, you can see Pentile in text rendering at close focal distances) to UI speeds to app selection and sound quality.

The iPhone 5 is full of QC issues but compared to a plastic crap box from Samsung it's like a goddamn Aston Martin.

That's weird as I've got an s3 and I can report none of the issues you've just described. It's as if they are two different phones.
And yes, I have owned iPhones so I can compare the two

cynics
Oct 22, 2012, 05:37 PM

Hahaha. There are less then 400 Apple stores on the planet. Many users would literally need to fly to their nearest. I'm an hour away from my closest. I literally need to drive by like 20 Verizon stores to get to my nearest over crowded appointment mandatory Apple store, never mind how helpful "geniuses" are that I need to bully to get service to my expectations.

Btw I'm not saying Verizon is any better btw, I've found the Verizon's employee cluelessness is a pro and con. Regardless I just go to Verizon for my iPhone issues just for convenience (my employer has 15 4S's or so and we had issues with 2 and they just replaced both lol).

Jinzen
Oct 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
That's weird as I've got an s3 and I can report none of the issues you've just described. It's as if they are two different phones.
And yes, I have owned iPhones so I can compare the two

I am hardly surprised you can see none of the issues I've described. Most mass consumers wouldn't know any better.

Then again, if you had an iPhone to compare to, even pedestrian eyes can tell the two fold difference in brightness between the screens. Or you're just flat out lying, also unsurprising.

Sacird
Oct 22, 2012, 08:56 PM

The acting there stood out like a sore thumb.

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS JUST DOOOO!!!!!" LOL

Then

"See chu at the chudio" (See you at the studio) was the actual line.

Could the director not do a loud "cut" and try to get these actors to do a shade better. Not expecting A+ acting obviously but good god.

Either way both are good phones. And the AD is actually smart, everyone on the net pretty much hates Apple these days, self included on a lot of their BS going on, so the target audience pays off obviously for them. Buying Samsung is fighting the man, while Samsung is also the man, as google is the man....inception!!!

cynics
Oct 22, 2012, 10:01 PM

He's boosting performance. Artificially boosting his score sounds like just photoshopped it lol.

If you want more performance you can root/rom/overclock if you want too. Personally when I did it for my Xoom the only thing I needed it for was using emulators with graphically intense emulators like PlayStation games like Grand Turismo. It really helped a lot....

kiltedthrower
Oct 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'm actually surprised anyone pays attention to benchmark numbers anymore. I've had devices that while it would outbenchmark one device, it wouldn't translate to noticeably outperforming it when it came to using the devices.

Markyboy81
Oct 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
I am hardly surprised you can see none of the issues I've described. Most mass consumers wouldn't know any better.

Then again, if you had an iPhone to compare to, even pedestrian eyes can tell the two fold difference in brightness between the screens. Or you're just flat out lying, also unsurprising.

You're quite patronizing really aren't you? Well, I do have an iPhone to compare it to, an iPhone 4s that I'm trying to sell because I prefer my s3.
To me, I prefer the s3 screen but I guess that's just because I don't know any better.
However, I do agree that the iPhone has a brighter screen - my wife has her iPhone 4 on full brightness and it burns my eyes to look at it. Of course this is better in bright sunlight but the s3's screen is more than usable in these conditions

cynics
Oct 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
You're quite patronizing really aren't you? Well, I do have an iPhone to compare it to, an iPhone 4s that I'm trying to sell because I prefer my s3.
To me, I prefer the s3 screen but I guess that's just because I don't know any better.
However, I do agree that the iPhone has a brighter screen - my wife has her iPhone 4 on full brightness and it burns my eyes to look at it. Of course this is better in bright sunlight but the s3's screen is more than usable in these conditions

Don't pay attention to people like that. I was just reading a review that rated the iPhone 5 screen moderately better then the S3. They used thousands of dollars of high end screen analysis ejuquipment to come to that earth shattering result. The brightness issue MIGHT be a big deal to some but I keep my iPhone 4S set around 25% which is way lower then the S3's max brightness. Now with better screens becoming more popular they are unnecessarily better...lol

Sources :

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57531239-85/screens-test-apple-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3515158/htc-shows-off-stunning-5-inch-1080p-j-butterfly-phone-in-japan

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1572897/theverge_560.jpg

OMG the iPhone 5 is SOOOOO pixelated.....

Apollo 13
Oct 23, 2012, 08:55 PM
Don't pay attention to people like that. I was just reading a review that rated the iPhone 5 screen moderately better then the S3. They used thousands of dollars of high end screen analysis ejuquipment to come to that earth shattering result. The brightness issue MIGHT be a big deal to some but I keep my iPhone 4S set around 25% which is way lower then the S3's max brightness. Now with better screens becoming more popular they are unnecessarily better...lol

Sources :

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57531239-85/screens-test-apple-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3515158/htc-shows-off-stunning-5-inch-1080p-j-butterfly-phone-in-japan

Image (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1572897/theverge_560.jpg)

OMG the iPhone 5 is SOOOOO pixelated.....

to bad you'll never see that kind of difference unless you get a magnify glass like the above image. 1080p is just stupid on a phone.