Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
(From Susan at Saddleback Leather)
The iPad Mini will fit in the Medium Gadget Sleeve beautifully. Dave's still thinking about whether we'll make a specific case for it or not. Stay tuned! ~ Susan ~

saddleback products are awesome. Can't recommend them enough. They are high in price but it's real leather, smells awesome and the more you use it, the better they look and feel.

Just got the little wallet from them too. Had the ipad case as well.

Last edited:

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Cool to see others are aware of Saddleback Leather as well.

Got my wire a $500+ purse for Christmas last year and we're not the type to buy excessively expensive things like that. The biggest reason why is this purse will without a doubt hold up for the rest of her life and another lifetime after that.

Their slogan is "they'll fight over it when you die" and their products have a 100 year warranty.

All that said, I was already planning on picking up a gadget bag for myself before I ordered the iPad Mini, but knowing now that it should fit that is a huge bonus.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Saddleback is a great company and makes great products with lifetime warrantee's

I personally have a black saddleback leather thin briefcase and love it...
even done a review back in the day. http://bit.ly/RqAPBV

I would love to see a sleeve of some kind for the mini.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Saddleback is a great company and makes great products with lifetime warrantee's

I personally have a black saddleback leather thin briefcase and love it...
even done a review back in the day. http://bit.ly/RqAPBV

I would love to see a sleeve of some kind for the mini.

Was there supposed to be audio? Didn't have any for me if there was supposed to be.

Do you have any updated video or pictures of it now that you've owned it for awhile? Says the video was posted 200 days ago, that should give enough time to get it to wear in a bit I'd think based off what I've seen with my wife's Saddleback tote.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Was there supposed to be audio? Didn't have any for me if there was supposed to be.

Do you have any updated video or pictures of it now that you've owned it for awhile? Says the video was posted 200 days ago, that should give enough time to get it to wear in a bit I'd think based off what I've seen with my wife's Saddleback tote.

Here's my brief thin along with other items I took on the road this summer - used it every day for 120 days on an off planes and the like. I guarantee you will not wear it more than I did. And it wore like iron - still looks good this morning for more. Impossible to wear this stuff out:
8918a729.jpg

also my tabacco satchel for my ipad alone:
73511962-1899-4055-9076-2FDFD4FCE9FA-13761-000019E546DA1A02.jpg

BTW, the "chamberlains' leather milk" dave sells for maintenance works very well, monthly...

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles

Yha I can take a few shots for you.
Still looks practically new. I clean it about once a month but I use it everyday..

----------

Yah I use the leather milk I think it's called
I think it used to be called mothers milk

Any works great good stuff

However on my wife's small clutch bag the color changed a bit. So good to test on a part that isn't totally visible

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Finally got my mini and tried the Saddleback gadget back.

Perfect fit. However, just the mini. No smart cover, no back cover (however slim). For JUST the mini, this bag is perfection.

bms259

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2008

Perfect fit. However, just the mini. No smart cover, no back cover (however slim). For JUST the mini, this bag is perfection.

Do you think the case would stretch to allow the smart cover to fit? Any pictures to share?

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I got an e-mail from them about the iPad mini specific case they are making. Looks pretty good and unique. But there's also the gadget sleeve if you don't want to use a case while actually using the device.

No Regrets

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
I doubt it. That thing is very snug. I'll see if I can post pics later tonight.

Please post some pictures!!!!! We are very anxious to see!!!!

Thanks

----------

Did it seriously take almost a month for you to receive this?

Lortimer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
I was thinking about getting the sleeve but I feel like
the leather is too stiff. On their website they say
they use full grain leather (which is great btw) but
from my experience is really hard to work with.
Thoughts?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Thoughts?

personally I think it's true. I use their briefcases and satchels -- there is nothing better, but like their name they make their stuff out of SADDLE leather and it is thick...... Just too much for ipads and such, and it covers a lot of the bezel - better choices out there for me...

Last edited:

No Regrets

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
Thoughts?

I can understand your concern as that was mine as well. However I just placed an order for this sleeve tonight to compliment the mini I am buying for my wife. I figured the stiffness will provide a little more protection from the various other items that she will have in her purse as well.

I hope she likes it.

Lortimer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
yeah I feel ya man. I was looking through
the threads (lol glen e) and came across this
stunner.
The-Leather-Shop-Wallet-iPad-mini-01.jpg

The-Leather-Shop-Wallet-iPad-mini-02.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.