View Full Version : Official Nano Shipping Thread

MmmPancakes
Sep 8, 2005, 03:07 PM
Here's mine:

Order Date
09/07/2005
11:40 AM PDT

IPOD NANO 4G BLACK-USA MA107LL/A On or before 09/13/2005

I paid for overnight shipping. I guess there isn't much of a chance it getting here tomorrow or Saturday.

iGary
Sep 8, 2005, 03:09 PM
Here's mine:

Order Date
09/07/2005

I paid for overnight shipping. I guess there isn't much of a chance it getting here tomorrow or Saturday.

*puts on shoes and walks half-mile to Apple Store*

MmmPancakes
Sep 8, 2005, 03:12 PM

Between shipping and tax, I paid an extra $36.00 on top of the retail cost. Sigh.

runninmac
Sep 8, 2005, 03:42 PM

Do they have them in!?

technocoy
Sep 8, 2005, 03:47 PM
doesn't have them yet, but thats what i'm waiting for... i hope these don't have the delays the mini did. hopefully they get them in this weekend. I fo sho going to pick one up. I even got a USB 2.0 card for my 1GHz Ti.

can't wait!

iGary
Sep 8, 2005, 03:49 PM
Do they have them in!?

Annapolis does, I believe.

pdpfilms
Sep 8, 2005, 03:52 PM
I'm going to be the first to say that you all MUST post pictures once you recieve your nano's....

..or else... i'll be sooo mad!

GRR!

asif786
Sep 8, 2005, 03:57 PM
regent street (london) has them. i heard they got a number in the thousands but they're going to sell out quick.

i'm going to pick mine up tomorrow morning. i hope to god they're still there :eek:

runninmac
Sep 8, 2005, 03:57 PM
Annapolis does, I believe.

Sweet Mother!! Im calling right now!

Kid Red
Sep 8, 2005, 03:58 PM
I just bought my wife a Shuffle not 3 weeks ago from Circuit City. I'll be returning that and getting her the 2G. These are cool. I almost want to trade my 20g Photo iPod for one, lol.

runninmac
Sep 8, 2005, 04:14 PM
Can you reserve your nano? I called them and said they didn't have any and I dont want to call them back.

tobefirst
Sep 8, 2005, 04:28 PM
I was able to put my name on a list for them to call me when they got the shuffle in back in January, so I assume you should be able to do the same with the nano.

vouder17
Sep 8, 2005, 04:43 PM
Great thread, Please whenever people get them..post pics. I have a thing for Mac Packaging/Products.. :o :o

PS: Does anyone know if the Nano qualifies for the student Union Promo in Europe or is this another sneaky outside loop that apple has made to make a few more $$$$.

EDIT: Ignore my PS, i went to the apple discussion boards...it ISNT accepted for the Promo....boohoo :(

adam1185
Sep 8, 2005, 05:03 PM
Here's mine:

Order Date
09/07/2005

Ouch, my order date was 11:16 AM PDT and I have on or before 9/12 :P
It's now preparing shipment!

clayj
Sep 8, 2005, 05:07 PM
Do they have them in!?Charlotte store had a stack of them... I went and picked one up, and then canceled my online store order. Saved $16 in shipping...

MmmPancakes
Sep 8, 2005, 07:08 PM

Right after reading your post, I went off to check my order, and its now preparing shipment also :D

Even with overnite I guess there isn't any chance of it getting here before Monday, though. :(

nomad01
Sep 9, 2005, 08:01 AM
bump.

I ordered mine from the UK Apple Store about 8 o'clock on Wednesday and it's on it's way to me today. My local store weren't sure when or how many they'd be getting and shipping was free so I went with the online route.

Just can't wait to get home and play now!! :-)

Loooooong day at work.

Steve

mkubal
Sep 9, 2005, 08:28 AM

Exact same thing for me, plus or minus a few minutes on the order.

I got an email this morning saying it had shipped. Yay!

But it probably won't be here until Monday. Booooo! :(

;)

swy32x
Sep 9, 2005, 08:55 AM
Mine's 'Preparing Shipment' too ... so we've been charged and its sitting at Apple waiting to go to the courier?!

Is there a reason no online orders have shipped yet?

Chupa Chupa
Sep 9, 2005, 08:56 AM
Exact same thing for me, plus or minus a few minutes on the order.

I got an email this morning saying it had shipped. Yay!

;)

Does the tracking info say where it shipped from? Just curious if the east coast nanos ship from Apple's PA warehouse or if they come from CA.

5300cs
Sep 9, 2005, 09:07 AM
I ordered mine: 9.8.2005 @10:08pm JST
Expected shipping date: 9.16.2005

We'll see :rolleyes: I expect delays here in Japan since probably everyone and his mother will want one

edesignuk
Sep 9, 2005, 09:12 AM
Ordered mine wednesday night (the second I found out about them!) was shipped this morning at 10:30GMT on a 1-2 business days delivery. So should be here mon/tues next week. Can't wait.

dwd3885
Sep 9, 2005, 11:37 AM
Well I have been spending a ton of money lately, which is bad because i don't have much. but switching to mac, watching Jobs keynotes, OMG, they loook sooooo cool. So Anyway, I just bought the Dual PM 2ghz and have now bought the iPod Nano 2gb. Only 2gb, but it's a step up from my 512mb shuffle that I will give to my girlfriend. I can't wait!! This comes the same time I just bought the black Razr. Ouch. All my money is going down, down, down. But I am just in college, I got the rest of my life to make some real dough, right? ;-)

MmmPancakes
Sep 9, 2005, 11:46 AM
Well I have been spending a ton of money lately, which is bad because i don't have much. but switching to mac, watching Jobs keynotes, OMG, they loook sooooo cool. So Anyway, I just bought the Dual PM 2ghz and have now bought the iPod Nano 2gb. Only 2gb, but it's a step up from my 512mb shuffle that I will give to my girlfriend. I can't wait!! This comes the same time I just bought the black Razr. Ouch. All my money is going down, down, down. But I am just in college, I got the rest of my life to make some real dough, right? ;-)

Apple will do that to you. It's a nasty, nasty habit.

Maybe we should start a support group for Mac Addicts in recovery? Then again, I don't think we can find anyone who has kicked the habit.

Chimera
Sep 9, 2005, 12:43 PM
I ordered mine only an hour before edesign (i am in the UK too) and somehow managed to receive my black 4gb nano today! it looks absolutely amazing especially when next to my 20gb iPod in a black skin (it puts the later to shame!).

Something to note is that there are only 2 engravings of approval on the rear at the very bottom there is the standard european CE mark and the dont dump batteries mark, I guess Apple are only engraving per continent now (no FCC etc) although the american ones seem to still have the CE mark.

EDIT: I can take a photo of the rear if anyone wants me to

gallagb
Sep 9, 2005, 12:49 PM
EDIT: I can take a photo of the rear if anyone wants me to

duh- we want all the pictures you can get of it!

crazydreaming
Sep 9, 2005, 01:01 PM

Wow, I'm so with ya there. This is my first year in college... and the expensis have added up (especially the Apple Ones :o )

Just bought a new 15" Powerbook, iPod mini, new printer, Backpack for my Powerbook, yesterday I ordered a gig stick of Ram to go in the PB. Also recenlty bought Motorola V710 (Verizon = no razr :mad: ).

Plus books, a fridge for my room, TV...

But. Aren't we in college so that some day we can be rich?! :D

I'm just a bit worried... all this spending... and no working...

Chimera
Sep 9, 2005, 01:15 PM
Here you go then, I haven't taken off the sticker on the back yet, hope quality is ok (I only took this with my phone).

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7999/dsc000183dm.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000183dm.jpg)

mkubal
Sep 9, 2005, 01:24 PM
Does the tracking info say where it shipped from? Just curious if the east coast nanos ship from Apple's PA warehouse or if they come from CA.

Unfortunately, when they said they shipped it what they meant was that they printed out the label for shipping during the wee hours of the morning (got the email at 5 AM EST). So while the FedEx site says they shipped on the 8th to be delivered today, it actually hasn't shipped. They simply notified FedEx of a future shipment. And since there is no shipment, FedEx has no origin listed on the tracking site. However, I will update with the origin later if someone hasn't already.

adam1185
Sep 9, 2005, 02:21 PM

;)

Yeah mine shipped, hopefully I'll have it by 12 Monday if FedEx is accurate.

Koodauw
Sep 9, 2005, 02:21 PM
Mine shipped today. Left Sacramento CA, and is in transit. Est. Delivery is the 14th. Here is to hoping it comes early.

adam1185
Sep 9, 2005, 02:25 PM

My shipping email says Elk Grove, CA

aesth3tic
Sep 9, 2005, 02:59 PM
well i ordered mine at 1:14 PST on 9/7 and I have already gotten the armband I ordered (whoop deedooo :( ) but no nano yet, says preparing shipment by 12th with overnight, we'll see what happens.

840quadra
Sep 9, 2005, 03:55 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I placed my order on the 7th and it has been queued in "preparing for shipment" for 2 days now!!

The Apple Store at The Mall of America in Minnesota had Black 2gb Nano's in stock since Thursday!

This is the last time I buy from online from Apple, Unless I am after a refurbished item.

I paid for 2 day shipping hoping it would be here by Monday next week, now it looks like it won't make it out today, and I won't get my nano until next Thursday. Since they put it into "preparing for shipment" on Thursday morning, I was not able to cancel my order and buy one locally!

I love Apple, and their website, I am not happy with their Shipping department.

RAS admin
Sep 9, 2005, 04:29 PM
I ordered a 4GB black nano yesterday but shipping in 3-5 business days since I'm getting it personalized with engraving. Free shipping and free engraving!

edesignuk
Sep 9, 2005, 04:39 PM
Ordered mine wednesday night (the second I found out about them!) was shipped this morning at 10:30GMT on a 1-2 business days delivery. So should be here mon/tues next week. Can't wait.Apple bull****ed me. It came today!!!!! OMG it's gorgeous!

adamjohn_98
Sep 10, 2005, 02:09 AM
I ordered a Black 2GB nano at 12:30 PM central time on the 7th with overnight shipping. After ithe status finally changed to "preparing shipment" on Thursday, I figured it would at least be shipped before the end of the week, guess I was wrong. Anybody else have similar delays? Who knows, it could have shipped yesterday (Friday) and maybe I just have not received the shipped notice yet. From what I have read, if I had just ordered a white one, I could have it right now. But the black is soooo cool and definitely worth the wait. P.S. I live in the Midwest, do any others that have ordered live from this part of the U.S.?

shambolic
Sep 10, 2005, 07:23 AM
For Chupa Chupa's benefit, I'm on the east coast, and my Nano (first iPod!) shipped out from Apple's Harrisburg PA warehouse last night at 9:57pm. Already arrived in Manhattan for delivery here on Staten Island on Monday.

Edit: I should add:
1) Ordered within twenty minutes of the store coming back up after the product announcement
2) Went for the free shipping option, as I've usually had good luck with it in the past. Looks like it worked out again :)

JD24
Sep 10, 2005, 08:23 AM
Well i ordered mine on 9.7 and i got it yesterday. This iPod is awesome :eek:
I played with it the last couple of hours and i like it a lot. I won't give it
out of my hands. I noticed that the sound is better then the sound of
the ipod photo (without any distortion).

BTW: This is my first MP3 player

JD

PS: I ordered a black 4GB ipod in germany.

mkubal
Sep 10, 2005, 09:18 AM
Mine left from Rancho Cordova, CA yesterday. In the meantime I picked one up at the Tampa Apple store. They have gobs of them. Wish I had known I could have gotten it cheaper and quicker at an Apple store. Usually you have to fight people for the new releases. Oh well, the one coming monday will go to a family member. They should be happy.

On a side note, this thing is freaking sweet! I realized it would be small, but it's hard to imagine how small it is until you hold it in your hand. Amazing really.

Chupa Chupa
Sep 10, 2005, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=shambolic]For Chupa Chupa's benefit, I'm on the east coast, and my Nano (first iPod!) shipped out from Apple's Harrisburg PA warehouse last night at 9:57pm. Already arrived in Manhattan for delivery here on Staten Island on Monday.

Thanks for the info. That has to be painful that your nano is in town but no way to get it until Monday. I hate when that happens.

dpclark
Sep 10, 2005, 10:50 AM
ordered as soon as the uk store came back online, received yesterday - lovin her!!!!

Frisco
Sep 10, 2005, 10:59 AM
How does the black Nano look with white ear buds?

baboo2
Sep 10, 2005, 11:11 AM
Ordered my 2gb White Nano 9/9/05 but is personazlied so that takes 3- 5 business days to prepare :( . Another 8-12 business days to ship(free shipping) when it is ready :mad: , add them up and it will take around 2 weeks to get here, but it is worth the wait! ...it better be!

RAS admin
Sep 10, 2005, 11:13 AM
Ordered 4GB black nano on 8/9 with free shipping and personalized engraving.

Already shipping today 10/9!

I can't wait...

Matt_vn
Sep 10, 2005, 12:10 PM
Order Date
09/03/2005
09:30 AM PDT

IPOD NANO 4G BLACK PERSONALIZED-USA

PA107LL/A

On or before
09/19/2005

I hope its before :(.

I ordered a 4gb mini a few days before the nano came out, and I was pissed when I saw the nano was released, because I would have waited to get one over the mini. Apple being not stupid, emailed me and asked if I would like to upgrade, and of course I did. I am very pleased apple did that, I hold them in very high esteem right now, even if I have to wait a week or two for it. I did get custom engraving so that could be why.

MmmPancakes
Sep 10, 2005, 08:31 PM
Here's mine:

Order Date
09/07/2005

update: just got an e-mail that it shipped. Is coming overnight fedex, and will hopefully be here by Monday a.m.

DakotaGuy
Sep 10, 2005, 09:10 PM
I have came to the conclusion that most people on here must be loaded with cash. It seems everytime something new comes out everyone has plenty of money to fork over for this cool new Apple stuff. I have to watch my money so I can afford the "liquid gold" that goes into the fuel tank. I will have to live with my Shuffle for now.

Apple!Freak
Sep 10, 2005, 09:33 PM
I went to my local Apple store in Tampa yesterday and picked up a 4GB white nano. Glad I didn't order online. The store had a couple hundred but they were going fast.

MattG
Sep 10, 2005, 10:13 PM
Can't wait to see one of these things. I'm not getting one, but my boss ordered one. She ordered it around 5pm the day they were announced, and she told me on Friday that hers shipped.

zenntench_oni
Sep 10, 2005, 10:37 PM
update: just got an e-mail that it shipped. Is coming overnight fedex, and will hopefully be here by Monday a.m.

awesome me too.

zap2
Sep 10, 2005, 11:18 PM
it said shipping would take 3-5 days( got it ingraved with Think different and my name) and now less then 8hrs later its shipped!!! Now i have to wait for that free shipping ,3-5 days or 8-10( not sure) but its ok cuz the shipping is free!

MmmPancakes
Sep 11, 2005, 06:23 PM
awesome me too.

My 4gb black just arrived at the FedEx sort facility in town. Now if I could just find a way to break in!

On Saturday, my fiance and I went to CompUSA to get her a 2gb model. At first, they said they didn't have any stock, but might in a few days. After a minutes, the sales associate came back, hanging his head, and said that he checked and they indeed had four in the backroom that they had "forgot" about.

My fiance bought one, and I imagine that one of the employees who was hoping to buy one when he got paid in a few days was very sad.

840quadra
Sep 11, 2005, 10:13 PM
Mine shipped and is in Minneapolis Distro center, should be here on Monday (YAY!)

However, my friend that went with me to the Apple store bought one from the Mall When we were there! Makes me mad because he is a windows user, and he dosen't like apple computers! :mad:

Drives me nuts that he (an apple computer hater) got HIS nano before me, and he didn't even know about them until I showed one to him! :mad:

watcher2001
Sep 11, 2005, 11:24 PM
Charlotte store had a stack of them... I went and picked one up, and then canceled my online store order. Saved $16 in shipping...

I am confused. according to apple site shipping is free? Is this not the case?

840quadra
Sep 12, 2005, 01:09 AM
I am confused. according to apple site shipping is free? Is this not the case?

Overnight shipping isn't, I believe that is what he had setup. I wish I could have done the same as clayj, Except Apple locked in my order quite quickly, and when they were in stock at my local store I couldn't back out!!

horace78
Sep 12, 2005, 05:59 AM
Hi,

I don't know if anybody else knows of this or if it works for any other Apple Online store tracking but this site http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ ables you to track where your order is.

I ordered mine on Friday 9th and got a Shiiped email on Sunday. I thought great it might be here on Monday or Tuesday! I then found out by looking at that page that it's being shipped from Shenhzen in China!!! I now don't expect it to be here until Thursday or Friday. :(

watcher2001
Sep 12, 2005, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I don't know if anybody else knows of this or if it works for any other Apple Online store tracking but this site http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ ables you to track where your order is.

I ordered mine on Friday 9th and got a Shiiped email on Sunday. I thought great it might be here on Monday or Tuesday! I then found out by looking at that page that it's being shipped from Shenhzen in China!!! I now don't expect it to be here until Thursday or Friday. :(

You might be surprised. When I ordered my photo it was shipped from China on a Sunday night (Late for me) and I got it on my front door EARLY (7:30AM) Tuesday morning. I am not sure where you live, but I live in the midwestern US.

Edit: Mine was shipped normal with the free shipping option.

Jesus
Sep 12, 2005, 12:43 PM
i got mine from regent street on saturday

4GB White

Jesus

zenntench_oni
Sep 12, 2005, 01:25 PM
ahh man today is the the day. yeah the package is at our local FedEx facility ahh gosh i hope i get it around the afternoon cause i didnt sleep. . and i have my songs to upload ready to go out. but for now im enjoying my 20gb color ipod that i gotten last tuesday.

watcher2001
Sep 12, 2005, 01:57 PM
- 20Gb ipod color
- ipod mini silver 2nd generation
- and hopefully my two ipod nanos come in soon. . (2Gb black and white. . )

Couldn't help but notice your sig line. I have a question and believe it or not, I am not trying to be a SmartA$$. How do you justify owning 4 ipods? I personally have 2. I have a 60GB photo that I use to carry my music collection, and then I also have a 512MB Shuffle that I use when I go to the gym. (I don't want to take a chance on my 60 getting broken).

The reason I ask this is because I am thinking of getting a nano just for the coolness factor of it, however I am having a hard time justifying it. As it stands my friends give me grief on an almost daily basis for owning two.

Financially it is not an issue for me to spend the money, I just don't know what I would do with the nano that I couldn't do with the two I already have. (Other than show of my uber cool new toy) :)

Just curious...

P.S. On a side note why did you not shell out the extra $50 ($100 in this case since you got 2) to upgrade them to the 4GB models?

capone2
Sep 12, 2005, 02:09 PM
est. I ordered it 9/7/05 at 10pm est. and got it today!!!!!!!!!!!!

First iPod ever!

4GB white !

watcher2001
Sep 12, 2005, 02:35 PM
est. I ordered it 9/7/05 at 10pm est. and got it today!!!!!!!!!!!!

First iPod ever!

4GB white !

Welcome to the fold. I am sure you will get much enjoyment out of it.

EGT
Sep 12, 2005, 03:52 PM
My nano just arrived today! I actually laughed out loud when i opened it up and saw it for the first time.

This little gadget deserves all the credit it gets! It's amazing! Well done Apple.

MmmPancakes
Sep 12, 2005, 08:08 PM
My 4gb black nano was delivered before 1030am this morning, as promised by FedEx. I love it. A bit turned off by the nearly 1 hour time it takes to load about 3 gigs of music though. The black is sleek. And despite popular opinion, doesn't seem to attract too many obnoxious finger prints and streaks.

Rocky3478
Sep 12, 2005, 08:32 PM
My 4gb black nano was delivered before 1030am this morning, as promised by FedEx. I love it. A bit turned off by the nearly 1 hour time it takes to load about 3 gigs of music though. The black is sleek. And despite popular opinion, doesn't seem to attract too many obnoxious finger prints and streaks.

Are you using USB 1.1? You've gotta be, with that kind of time.....I just got mine today, and it loaded 50 Mb worth of pictures and 1 Gb of Music in less then 3 minutes......

I noticed about the fingerprints. Although I have a white one (Don't really care for black). And, it doesn't seem that easy to scratch! :)

MmmPancakes
Sep 12, 2005, 08:55 PM
Are you using USB 1.1? You've gotta be, with that kind of time.....I just got mine today, and it loaded 50 Mb worth of pictures and 1 Gb of Music in less then 3 minutes......

Yep....very good point, I am using usb 1.1. I have a folder with 500 mb of images in it. Imported them to the nano, and they only took up a few gigs of space, and show up crystal clear. Absolutely amazing.

zenntench_oni
Sep 13, 2005, 12:02 AM
Couldn't help but notice your sig line. I have a question and believe it or not, I am not trying to be a SmartA$$. How do you justify owning 4 ipods? I personally have 2. I have a 60GB photo that I use to carry my music collection, and then I also have a 512MB Shuffle that I use when I go to the gym. (I don't want to take a chance on my 60 getting broken).

The reason I ask this is because I am thinking of getting a nano just for the coolness factor of it, however I am having a hard time justifying it. As it stands my friends give me grief on an almost daily basis for owning two.

Financially it is not an issue for me to spend the money, I just don't know what I would do with the nano that I couldn't do with the two I already have. (Other than show of my uber cool new toy) :)

Just curious...

P.S. On a side note why did you not shell out the extra $50 ($100 in this case since you got 2) to upgrade them to the 4GB models?

well my 20gb ipod is of course regular songs.
i gave my brother my 4gb mini and yeah
of course my two nanos came today. and those two will be my "show off ipods" haha ahh gosh. so lame. but yeah one of my nanos will be my arcade game songs. ahh ddr.

horace78
Sep 13, 2005, 06:15 AM
You might be surprised. When I ordered my photo it was shipped from China on a Sunday night (Late for me) and I got it on my front door EARLY (7:30AM) Tuesday morning. I am not sure where you live, but I live in the midwestern US.

Edit: Mine was shipped normal with the free shipping option.

Yeah mine was with the normal free shipping option too. I have just found out that it is coming from China because I decided to get it engraved. I think it comes from somewhere a bit nearer if you leave it as a normal iPod Nano.

Current location of my iPod Nano is somewhere in Hong Kong. I just hope it gets here before the weekend as I'm going away and it'd be nice to play with!

Edit: I live in the UK

840quadra
Sep 13, 2005, 06:21 AM
My nano is STILL sitting in the FedEX distribution center in Minneapolis, like it has for 2 days now!

how I love that company

:rolleyes:

840quadra
Sep 13, 2005, 06:27 AM
well my 20gb ipod is of course regular songs.
i gave my brother my 4gb mini and yeah
of course my two nanos came today. and those two will be my "show off ipods" haha ahh gosh. so lame. but yeah one of my nanos will be my arcade game songs. ahh ddr.

At least they didn't hold it at your local sorting facility for 2 days like they did for my G5 and now my Nano.

The delivery man better hope I am not home when they drop it off, I normally don't shoot the messenger, but good grief. 2 times now when I pay for 2nd day air, and have to wait an EXTRA day to get it.

esco
Sep 13, 2005, 10:10 AM
Hey guys, just joined this forum :) .

Thought I'd contribute to the shipping thread. I ordered a black 4GB iPod Nano @ 1.32PDT on September 7th. It's still in "preparing shipment" status :mad: . I bought the overnight delivery as well. They said it would ship out on or before 9/12/05, but they sent me an e-mail this morning saying it has been pushed back to 9/16/05. As you could imagine, i'm pretty pissed off. I was going to bring the nano on a trip for all the senior class members this thursday, but I guess that won't be happening. I guess it'll be worth the wait in the longrun though.

retrospek
Sep 13, 2005, 10:17 AM
Well I only managed to avoid buying the Nano until this morning :D When I found I couldn't stop myself and ordered a white 4GB one (I already have a 60GB Photo iPod !).

To my surprise it has shipped already - which is pretty good going considering I only placed the order about 7 hours ago.

How do I now track this ? I guess it is with TNT ? I have two numbers on my Apple order one begins with a 'W' and the other begins with '70' does anyone know which one I use for TNT tracking ? as I can't seem to get either to work (maybe I need to wait a while :p until it shows up).

Thanks,
Mark

King Elessar
Sep 13, 2005, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone, new to the forum.

I ordered my black 4GB nano at 8 September 2005 2:53:08 PM GMT+08:00, that'd be Sep 7 11:53pm Pacific time.

Got shippment email at 10 September 2005 11:37:22 PM GMT+08:00, that'd be Sep 10 8:37pm Pacific time.

Just got it today! And boy is it tiny!

But... just rememberd by 2003 17" PowerBook only has USB 1.1...

I've been sitting here for almost an hour now... and the nano still hasn't filled up... why Apple oh why not support FireWire, an APPLE TECHNOLOGY???

Yvan256
Sep 13, 2005, 01:14 PM
Ordered about 1 hour after it was announced, just received it (Quebec, Canada).

This thing really looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. :D

P.S.: it seems to be a lot faster than the shuffle (adding songs to it, I mean).

jholzner
Sep 13, 2005, 01:28 PM
Hey guys, just joined this forum :) .

Thought I'd contribute to the shipping thread. I ordered a black 4GB iPod Nano @ 1.32PDT on September 7th. It's still in "preparing shipment" status :mad: . I bought the overnight delivery as well. They said it would ship out on or before 9/12/05, but they sent me an e-mail this morning saying it has been pushed back to 9/16/05. As you could imagine, i'm pretty pissed off. I was going to bring the nano on a trip for all the senior class members this thursday, but I guess that won't be happening. I guess it'll be worth the wait in the longrun though.

Apparently, black is hugly popular outselling white by 5 or 8:1 according to one source.

MmmPancakes
Sep 13, 2005, 02:23 PM

No matter what, call Apple and express your frustration. You're likely to have your $16.00 overnight shipping charge refunded. You should receive the item in the time they first quoted you, and if they can't meet that obligation, they owe you at least a shipping refund.

esco
Sep 13, 2005, 03:10 PM
Well, I called Apple, waited for 20 minutes, then got cut off. This is just my luck :( . Guess I'll call back in a couple of minutes

zenntench_oni
Sep 13, 2005, 05:11 PM
At least they didn't hold it at your local sorting facility for 2 days like they did for my G5 and now my Nano.

The delivery man better hope I am not home when they drop it off, I normally don't shoot the messenger, but good grief. 2 times now when I pay for 2nd day air, and have to wait an EXTRA day to get it.

that freakin sucx. ahh but yesterday. the delivery man couldnt find my place. i was so piss off. and what the fedex express truck was infornt of our place. ahh man ahh he took about 7 minutes to find my place. . ahh gosh :confused:

Mike Teezie
Sep 13, 2005, 07:27 PM
YES.

I just ordered my 4G iPod Nano - in black, of course. Overnight shipping, so that should put her here Thursday.

Jeez, I haven't had any new Apple kit since my 20" ACD, and that was forever ago.

I anxiously await to be able to say it's been shipped.....

esco
Sep 13, 2005, 07:46 PM
YES.

I just ordered my 4G iPod Nano - in black, of course. Overnight shipping, so that should put her here Thursday.

Jeez, I haven't had any new Apple kit since my 20" ACD, and that was forever ago.

I anxiously await to be able to say it's been shipped.....

I wouldn't count on thursday. I ordered my 4GB black last wednesday w/ overnight shipping, still hasn't shipped

840quadra
Sep 13, 2005, 09:50 PM
that freakin sucx. ahh but yesterday. the delivery man couldnt find my place. i was so piss off. and what the fedex express truck was infornt of our place. ahh man ahh he took about 7 minutes to find my place. . ahh gosh :confused:

Today I called Fedex, I demanded to pick the item up at a local customer center (closest being Bloomington). They were not going to honor this at first. I told them I ordered it 2nd day, and this was the 4th day they had my item. I also instructed them that I had record that this is the 2nd time I have paid for 2nd day air for something and I had record of such an event (as does Apple).

I told them that I was going to register a formal complaint, and submit records (Saved tracking information, receipts, and apple store receipts to prove that I paid for 2nd day air on 2 occurrences, and this "promise" was not delivered.

I doubt I had much legal grounds, but the person on the phone was sympathetic (strange actually) and was able to pull my package for me to pick up.

I now have my Nano, and have great respect for that individual. Even so, I will make requests (via phone order) to NOT have Apple ship something via fedex in the future.

I am happy to have rescued my Nano from Fedex :)

MmmPancakes
Sep 13, 2005, 10:18 PM
I now have my Nano, and have great respect for that individual. Even so, I will make requests (via phone order) to NOT have Apple ship something via fedex in the future.

I am happy to have rescued my Nano from Fedex :)

Very cool. I'm glad you like the Nano, but its terrible you had so much trouble with FedEx. I wonder if the problem is isolated to your local sorting area? Personally, I love FedEx, but despise DHL. I had problems similar to you when using DHL to ship ANYthing. I find them nonresponsive and flippant. I try to avoid them at all costs.

BTW, how are you protecting your Nano given that there are no cases on the market? Mine already has a small ding on the screen.

DonP
Sep 13, 2005, 10:43 PM
Ordered black 4GB from Apple store online last night, 9/12. Just received e-mail from Apple with Fedex tracking number. Should be delivered 9/15, free shipping. Guess there's no shortage of this model. My first iPod.

Mike Teezie
Sep 13, 2005, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't count on thursday. I ordered my 4GB black last wednesday w/ overnight shipping, still hasn't shipped

Hmmm, I hope there isn't a three week wait like there was with my Powerbook.

I'm in the "preparing for shipping" stage, with a 9/16 on or before ship date.

If they get it out on Friday, it would get to me Saturday, my birthday.

Here's to hoping.....

King Elessar
Sep 14, 2005, 12:12 AM
My friend who ordered right after the announcement still hasn't received his, while I ordered it more than 12 hours later have alraedy got it... the difference is I had mine engraved, while he didn't.

It does seem the the engraved ones are being shipped out faster.

assscat
Sep 14, 2005, 03:28 AM
Ordered my white 4GB nano last Thursday, and it was dispatched yesterday morning, but stil hasn't appeared on TNT's (or Apecode's) tracking!!! Delivery was estimated at 1 to 2 days, which is standard for the UK onceit ships from the Dutch warehouse, it is flown overnight to the UK (this should have been last night) and then is delivered the next day (today, I hope). But I don't know why the tracking hasn't shown up! Very annoying whilst waiting, but if the nano shows up today, I don't suppose it matters too much.

Anyone else's order not shown up on TNT's tracking?

retrospek
Sep 14, 2005, 03:50 AM
Ordered my white 4GB nano last Thursday, and it was dispatched yesterday morning, but stil hasn't appeared on TNT's (or Apecode's) tracking!!! Delivery was estimated at 1 to 2 days, which is standard for the UK onceit ships from the Dutch warehouse, it is flown overnight to the UK (this should have been last night) and then is delivered the next day (today, I hope). But I don't know why the tracking hasn't shown up! Very annoying whilst waiting, but if the nano shows up today, I don't suppose it matters too much.

Anyone else's order not shown up on TNT's tracking?

That is weird, as I ordered my Nano yesterday and it is already 'out for delivery from TNT' today - so in total it has taken 1 day from order to delivery.

You should be able to track using the '80' number you would have got in the shipping email from Apple. You need to enter this '80' number into the TNT UK website and select 'Customer Reference Number' not consignment number for the search. If you did this then I'm not sure why it isn't showing as mine is ?

Also, it doesn't seem like these Nano's are coming from Holland as when I look at the tracking information it seems like they must have stock in the UK somewhere.

Mark.

horace78
Sep 14, 2005, 03:54 AM
That is weird, as I ordered my Nano yesterday and it is already 'out for delivery from TNT' today - so in total it has taken 1 day from order to delivery.

You should be able to track using the '80' number you would have got in the shipping email from Apple. You need to enter this '80' number into the TNT UK website and select 'Customer Reference Number' not consignment number for the search. If you did this then I'm not sure why it isn't showing as mine is ?

Also, it doesn't seem like these Nano's are coming from Holland as when I look at the tracking information it seems like they must have stock in the UK somewhere.

Mark.

Why is mine coming all the way from China?! I'm in the UK too! According to the TNT website it was last seen in Hong Kong?!?!

retrospek
Sep 14, 2005, 03:56 AM
Why is mine coming all the way from China?! I'm in the UK too! According to the TNT website it was last seen in Hong Kong?!?!

I thought they come from China if you selected Engraving on the order (which I didn't) ?

horace78
Sep 14, 2005, 04:01 AM
I thought they come from China if you selected Engraving on the order (which I didn't) ?

Ah ok. That'd be it then. I'm regretting having the engraving done now!

840quadra
Sep 14, 2005, 04:07 AM
BTW, how are you protecting your Nano given that there are no cases on the market? Mine already has a small ding on the screen.

It is odd, but I am using "hand tare" package tape, and I have wrapped the ipod in this for the current time. One piece cut to length and width on the back, and I haven't taken the front protective shield off at this point.

The tape has easy to remove adhesive, and it will not damage the finish. I actually leave tape over the screen, and the entire back even after I get protectors.

My 15gb iPod still has no scratches on the screen or back side, and I had mine unprotected (otherwise) until I bought an iSkin 2 months ago. I tend to change the tape every few months or so, as it refreshes the look. and I get to see the iPod in all of it's glory.

assscat
Sep 14, 2005, 04:26 AM

I've tried the '80' number 1) in the Apecode tracker and 2) in the UK TNT tracker for both Consignment Number and Reference Number in both the internal and international tracking sections. Nothing! Assuming that TNT have messed up their tracking, it should still arrive today.

That fits with the usual delivery times once it has been dispatched from Apple's warehouse in the Netherlands it gets to the UK overnight and is out for delivery then next day. The longest delays happen whilst waiting for the items to be dispatched, or if they are build to orders, which means they have to come all the way from China.

retrospek
Sep 14, 2005, 06:12 AM
Yay - my iPod Nano has just been delivered and is current charging :D

plutnicki
Sep 14, 2005, 09:46 AM
Mine should have been here yesterday, but Apple requires a signature and a person to hand it to. Had to delay the second attempt until tomorrow when the wife is home...

I'll have it up and running by the weekend though.

Koodauw
Sep 14, 2005, 03:43 PM
Just got mine today. Very small. Doesn't really seem to have the same magic as the Mini does though. Not really sure why. I almost wish they had just given a color screen to the mini.

Mike Teezie
Sep 14, 2005, 03:59 PM
Update.....my Nano shipped out today! It should make it to me tomorrow.

Off topic - I didn't know you could suscribe to FedEx tracking updates. They'll be sending me emails as it makes it's way across the country.

Koodauw
Sep 14, 2005, 04:55 PM
Update.....my Nano shipped out today! It should make it to me tomorrow.

Off topic - I didn't know you could suscribe to FedEx tracking updates. They'll be sending me emails as it makes it's way across the country.

I signed up for this, but they didnt send Jack. so dont hold your breath.

esco
Sep 14, 2005, 05:45 PM
well, just checked my order status and it says that it has been picked up by fedex and it will be delivered tomorrow by 3:00pm. If only they shipped it out a day earlier. Now I won't have it for my 6hr bus ride since i'll be at school @ 8:00 and will leave for West Virginia @ 11:15 :(

Well, i guess i could use my psp for the ride....kinda disappointed, but glad that it finally shipped out.

RAS admin
Sep 15, 2005, 06:53 AM
I signed up for this, but they didnt send Jack. so dont hold your breath.

I also signed up for this and received no emails. The Fedex tracking info page also said it would be delivered on Sept. 14 by 12:00 noon, which it wasn't.

I used free shipping and free engraving so mine shipped from China to Anchorage, Alaska. Then it went from Memphis, TN to Latham, NY. Should be here today!

RAS admin
Sep 15, 2005, 11:13 AM
I GOT IT!

damn, this thing is tiny!

Mike Teezie
Sep 15, 2005, 02:49 PM
Just got mine as well.

Yeah......impossibly small is about right.

jayscheuerle
Sep 15, 2005, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure this is next.

nidx
Sep 15, 2005, 10:41 PM
As soon as I saw the iPod nano I ordered a 4GB Black one with engraving and the free shipping from apple.ca using the education price. Today I got an e-mail stating that my maximum ship date has slipped until the 26th :mad: (I ordered mine on the 7th @ 8:52 PST)

but I do have the theory on why my shipment was delayed. When I went through the apple.ca checkout the price show to me was $232 not the $279 it should be with the education discount. I have a pdf from that order and the order status page gives the $232 price. I am thinking that because they gave me the wrong price they want to force me to reorder to get my nano. I am going to phone them tomorrow to find out what the deal with the delay is. Just wanted to give my story.

Update:
Just Checked and they are now "Preparing Shipment"

Graeme
Sep 16, 2005, 12:14 AM
but I do have the theory on why my shipment was delayed. When I went through the apple.ca checkout the price show to me was $232 not the $279 it should be with the education discount. I have a pdf from that order and the order status page gives the $232 price. I am thinking that because they gave me the wrong price they want to force me to reorder to get my nano. I am going to phone them tomorrow to find out what the deal with the delay is. Just wanted to give my story.

I had exactly the same thing! I haven't mentioned to them anything about the price, but this morning when I complained about the change of shipping date to the 26th they refunded my fast shipping (which I ordered because it was cheaper) because of the inconvient delays. This afternoon mine changed to preparing shipment though. I ordered it at 7:45pm PST on the 7th.

hana
Sep 16, 2005, 09:20 PM
Somewhere fedex is holding mine hostage.

Had no idea that they needed a signature.

Came to the abode....the one hour someone wasn't there.

Waited for it today..... called them and was told that it was out on the road....could get here as late as 20:00

Got a delivery exception e-mail. :(

The e-mail said they'd deliver on Saturday? FedEx delivers on Saturday????

Next time
1. Deliver it to work.
2. Don't use fedex.
3. Or, go to the Apple Store.

thejakill
Sep 17, 2005, 02:41 AM
fedex has mine at their place. said they stopped by today and yesterday. they didn't. i think they are just taking the money for delivery and then holding on to it.

i've had lots of problems with fedex before. they left software on my doorstep once with no signature and it was stolen. many many times they have claimed to stop by on their website but have left no note on my door. i always end up driving to their place to get my packages.

so now i have to get up early tomorrow and drive 20 minutes to get my nano. could be worse, i guess.

i never have this problem with UPS...

hana
Sep 17, 2005, 03:55 PM
Well, so FedEx does deliver on Saturday!!!

Got it around 13:00 PST today.

The FedEx driver went by my house about 4x - he must have been lost.

Note to Apple - maybe your put things in a box that would fit 2 footballs in it as not to tip people off, but couldn't you put more padding in there? There was the equivilent of 3 blow up packs in there...not very full of air.

Note to self: Find where they keep the FedEx outgoing labels for work and see how those are addressed - FedEx should be able to go by that address.

Yipes.....now the thing is downloading the library and the calendars....Ugh...should have done some editing....

mrgreen4242
Sep 19, 2005, 02:27 PM
fedex has mine at their place. said they stopped by today and yesterday. they didn't. i think they are just taking the money for delivery and then holding on to it.

i've had lots of problems with fedex before. they left software on my doorstep once with no signature and it was stolen. many many times they have claimed to stop by on their website but have left no note on my door. i always end up driving to their place to get my packages.

so now i have to get up early tomorrow and drive 20 minutes to get my nano. could be worse, i guess.

i never have this problem with UPS...

FedEc does that to me ALL THE TIME. They claim they attempted delivery, but I know they haven't because I live ont he 3rd floor of an apartment building with a view facign the only road leading to the building, so it's hard to miss a giant, loud white truck. :rolleyes: They just don't want to have to pay a driver and for gas to drive all the way across town to my little corner of nowhere for just one package, so I end up driving there for it, which is a royal PITA. I just have everything shipped to work now.

Anyways, ordered my nano finally. Shipping date is 'on or by 9/28/05', but I talked to two customer support guys (I'm an idiot and clicked on black when I wanted white :o ) and they both seemed to be under the impression that stock levels are being replenished and shipping times should be shorter than that; so here's to hoping!

d00kie
Sep 19, 2005, 03:47 PM
Ordered mine last Thursday from Apple.ca. White 4GB with engravings.

It's in Processing Order status, but Apple so far has only charged the card $1.68, two charges for $0.84 apiece. Anyone know why??? I was expecting the whole $300 charge to come in.

mrgreen4242
Sep 20, 2005, 09:37 AM
Ordered mine last Thursday from Apple.ca. White 4GB with engravings.

It's in Processing Order status, but Apple so far has only charged the card $1.68, two charges for $0.84 apiece. Anyone know why??? I was expecting the whole $300 charge to come in.

No actual charges on my card yet (it's in processing order status), but they are 'holding' just under $300, which is odd because the total is less than $250. Kind of annoys me that Apple is going to hold $50 EXTRA for up to 2 weeks (estimated shipping time). If it's still held tomorrow I am going to call my bank, verify that it is Apple holding mroe than the purchase amount, and then call them to complain.

Kenny Pollock
Sep 20, 2005, 09:41 AM
Ordered a 4gb black model on 9/12 and it should be arriving here today says FedEx... only 8 days.

WickedAngel
Sep 22, 2005, 12:54 PM
Those of you complaining about a two-day wait have no room to complain...

My Nano has been sitting in Shenzen, China for eight days now because Apple is too inept to send them the information they need to get it to me.

WickedAngel
Sep 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
This has to be the worst experience I've ever had with FedEx/Apple. My package shipped 11 days ago (With 2~3 day service) and I still haven't received the damned thing.

They must be delivering it on foot.

d00kie
Sep 26, 2005, 02:16 PM
Hmmm...mine shipped on Friday and it reached Alaska on Saturday. No word on new activity yet.

Where I used to live, Fedex was awesome- they seem to never want to keep your package and most of my stuff gets delivered a day or two earlier from the scheduled delivery date. Picking up the package was easy too. I can't say the same for UPS, they deliver on time but if you have to pick your package up, the queue is impossibly long.

840quadra
Sep 26, 2005, 04:43 PM
This has to be the worst experience I've ever had with FedEx/Apple. My package shipped 11 days ago (With 2~3 day service) and I still haven't received the damned thing.

They must be delivering it on foot.

That does suck, I too paid for 2 day delivery, and didn't get it on time, and had to go to FedEX to pick it up myself after they "stated" they attempted to deliver it to my home.. um.. I was home all day, and EVEN if I was in my bathroom at the time, the doorbell box is directly outside my bathroom and I DO hear it, even if I have music way up in the living room..

mrgreen4242
Sep 29, 2005, 07:42 AM
That does suck, I too paid for 2 day delivery, and didn't get it on time, and had to go to FedEX to pick it up myself after they "stated" they attempted to deliver it to my home.. um.. I was home all day, and EVEN if I was in my bathroom at the time, the doorbell box is directly outside my bathroom and I DO hear it, even if I have music way up in the living room..

FedEx blows like that. My nano FINALLY shipped, a day late, and now it's stuck in China with "Regulatory agency clearance delay". Hopefully it doesn't sit there for days like all the other people in this thread. :( I was originally (when I ordered the nano) hoping to have it by the end of this week, but now I will be lucky to have it here by the end of next week!

I wonder how much extra it would cost to build iPods in the US? Maybe built an iPod factory in the middle of Iowa (iOwa?) so that they don't have to pay the workers crazy city wages... I'd pay a little more for a US built iPod, even if the parts all came from China and it was just assembled here; plus shipping would be significantly lower, and even though we aren't paying it directly Apple is figuring it into the cost of the product.

Successful companies with runaway products like Apple and the iPod should be given tax incentives to do something like this, rather than the other way around, like it often is now. :(

d00kie
Sep 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
FedEx blows like that. My nano FINALLY shipped, a day late, and now it's stuck in China with "Regulatory agency clearance delay". Hopefully it doesn't sit there for days like all the other people in this thread. :( I was originally (when I ordered the nano) hoping to have it by the end of this week, but now I will be lucky to have it here by the end of next week!

Mine shipped outta China without problems. Was in Alaska by the 2nd day but they took two business days to get it to the sort facility in BC and I wasn't home the following day (yesterday) to sign for it. I'll be waiting till 3pm today for it :D

EDIT: Yay finally got mine. I kept the front protective cover on and I wrapped the back with some GLAD :D Well, before that I made a smudge on the back and then try to get rid of it with my tshirt. It mere smudged the smudge but when I rubbed it gently, it removed it and I see no visible signs of scratches. Well, I haven't closely examined the entire back yet. I'm still paranoia with all the scratch hype going about so I'm taking extra precaution. My decalgirl skins are still out there...

lucas
Oct 5, 2005, 10:36 AM
I'm so pissed right now. i ordered my nano 2 weeks ago, its status has said shipping on or before the oct 5th since then. today i got an email saying they're having supply problems and it will be shipped on or before the 19th of october :mad: stop making 2gb nanos Apple, every store ive been to had like 10 sitting there cause people dont want them when you can double the size for another $50. gggrrrrhurrythe****upandsendmemyipodggrrr

quagmire101
Oct 5, 2005, 07:48 PM
Ordered my 4gb black nano on Sept 30 and its still processing order.... should ship on or before the 17th they say....

rendezvouscp
Oct 5, 2005, 10:23 PM
I ordered my 4GB white nano on the 25th of September and its shipping date was 10/11, but it changed to shipped today and will probably arrive in the next few days.

There's hope!
-Chase