Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I have a 1GB Shuffle and 3 Marware Gel cases, silicone lanyard, and belt clip. How much could I get for this on ebay or something. The iPod has light normal use scratches on it. The cases show no signs of use.

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Lopez.T.H. said:
I have a 1GB Shuffle and 3 Marware Gel cases, silicone lanyard, and belt clip. How much could I get for this on ebay or something. The iPod has light normal use scratches on it. The cases show no signs of use.
I would start by checking ebay adn seeing what they are going for.
I imagine you'd be able to get well over half of what you paid for it back

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
One question. Does apple honor student discounts in store or only online. Cause a 4GB is like $220.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I checked eBay. A 1GB shuffle is running from $80 to $100. I dont know how much the cases will add in.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Lopez.T.H. said:
One question. Does apple honor student discounts in store or only online. Cause a 4GB is like $220.

Apple will give you education prices on hardware at Apple Stores. Software is only available with student discount if you order online or buy at a school bookstore.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I am doing the same thing selling my 512mb shuffle for a 4gb Nano or 2gb not sure yet, i think the extra money is definatly worth the Nano,

ShadoW

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
I'm thinking of flipping my 30GB Photo for a nano. I can live with the GB reduction, and really like that profile of the nano.

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
Education letter

How do apple check your education status when you order im in england and i have a UCAS number and a letter of acceptance by a uni is that enough

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
MacDonaldsd said:
How do apple check your education status when you order
They don't if you order online. If you go into a store, they will ask for your student ID. It's pretty easy really.

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
Thanks

Its just when i ordered my powerbook they made me fax all proof of identity through for some reason and didnt wanna go through the same thing again

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
VanMac said:
I'm thinking of flipping my 30GB Photo for a nano. I can live with the GB reduction, and really like that profile of the nano.

I wouldn't do that if I were you... You will melt over the cuteness, lose interest and money, realise it doesn't include an AC wall charger.. :p

Things are getting bigger,don't end up with 5.5GB of things and only have a 3.7GB nano...

Well that's just my opinion as I use my 3G 20GB for backups... I've used about 7GB.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
jamdr said:
They don't if you order online. If you go into a store, they will ask for your student ID. It's pretty easy really.

I almost get the impression that they plan for people who arent actually edu discount eligable to buy trick people into thinking theyre getting a discount so they come away happier.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
epepper9 said:
I wouldn't do that if I were you... You will melt over the cuteness, lose interest and money, realise it doesn't include an AC wall charger.. :p

Things are getting bigger,don't end up with 5.5GB of things and only have a 3.7GB nano...

Well that's just my opinion as I use my 3G 20GB for backups... I've used about 7GB.

WHAT NANO DOESNT INCLUDE A CHARGER.... nm just thought about you just plug into your computer :rolleyes: no biggy.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
The 4GB Nano would do for me perfectly. I have less than 3.5 GB of music total on my computer. And there is room to spare!

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
So... I dont really like eBay. Anybody intrested? I dont want to put tin the marketplace because Im not sure yet if i can sell it.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
VanMac said:

I already sold my 20gb for a Nano. Got a little over $200 for my 20gb, so with the EDU discount I'll only have to really put in about $15-20.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I dont think selling a 30Gb for a nano was the best choice.......... I could see selling the shuffle. But an iPod with nearly 8 times the memory than a nano. I dont think that was the wisest choice.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
Nano Rock, but keep it real.

Hey I have to admit the Nano is awesome! I got a black 2gb one today. It definatley is an awesome replacement for a shuffle, which is good since I lost my 512mb shuffle somewhere. However, cool factor aside(and they are very cool) lets keep it real. I would be hard pressed to have a Nano as my only ipod, I mean originally I had less then 512mb of music on my computer, now I have 7gb, with itunes, audiobooks, and podcast (not too mention photos) that is sure to grow. I would not trade by 20gb Ipod for anything, its just a staple, esp if you have a sounddock and store all your music on your mac.

But to each their own....good luck selling you shuffle, suppose I would sell mine if I could find it :)

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
Nano just small though

The thing with iPod (normal 20gb extra) are in my opinion is to big to take out just to have music with incase you fancy a listen.

With a nano you can take it out all the time with out buldging out your jeans. The only advantage of the big ipods is not having to restrict your self to a 1000 songs before you go out

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
MacDonaldsd said:
The thing with iPod (normal 20gb extra) are in my opinion is to big to take out just to have music with incase you fancy a listen.

With a nano you can take it out all the time with out buldging out your jeans. The only advantage of the big ipods is not having to restrict your self to a 1000 songs before you go out

Yeah this was a big decider for me. I bought a 512 shuffle to compliment my 60Gb iPod (which is about 2/3 full) because I just didn't want to take the iPod photo everywhere with me. However, the shuffle bugged me occasionally with new music. I wanted to see what the track was called if I didn't know it.

So, the nano is just perfect. All the "thrills" of a full sized iPod in a tiny form. I think this should be a big winner for Apple.

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I'm thinking of getting a 2GB Black Nano purely for trips to the Gym. I'll keep my existing 20GB iPod for my journeys on the Tube to/from work and for connecting to my stereo as it holds all my music (9.5gb worth).

Rather than either/or, I think both variants have a place.
Vanilla

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.