Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falstaffpac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I wanted to share my experience with a new ATV3 I purchased yesterday. I've had a very frustrating 24 hours getting it working.

I was unable to "activate" the ATV, I was unable to sign into the Apple Store, and I was unable to log into Youtube. I spent several hours just trying to get into my Youtube account. Nothing worked, including a reset.

I solved all these issues by disconnecting my ethernet cable from the ATV and reseting the device. I could then set everything up correctly via wireless connection. I completely wasted about 20 hours of time trying to configure this device, connected via ethernet cable.

Its entirely possible the problem is on my end, but I do not know how I'm managing to block these connections. The ATV is connected to a switch, then to my router. I'm wondering if the switch has something to do with it. I spent a moderate amount of time googling to troubleshoot my problems and learned a lot of others are experiencing the same problem.

I hope some of you find this helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.