PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep your Apple packaging?

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 06:44 AM
Walking down my street yesterday, I noticed the packaging from a PowerBook on the pavement. I was horrified! *sacrilege*

I keep the boxes from all my Apple stuff because they look pretty and also because one day i might sell the item(s) and therefore need some proper packaging... plus hopefully having all the original bits would add a little to resale value. Am i just being a hoarder or do you keep yours too?

Blue Velvet
Sep 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
No. I just don't have the space in my flat nor the inclination to clutter up the place with boxes. They usually are very nice boxes though...

Jaffa Cake
Sep 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
We discussed Apple's great packaging recently (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=141143&highlight=apple+packaging), and there are a lot of fans around here apparently, some even like to sniff the boxes but the less said about that the better... ;)

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 06:53 AM
We discussed Apple's great packaging recently (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=141143&highlight=apple+packaging), and there are a lot of fans around here apparently, some even like to sniff the boxes but the less said about that the better... ;)

oooh slap my wrists then. sorry, i never saw that thread!

umm, sniffing... really...? :confused:

WinterMute
Sep 14, 2005, 06:55 AM
Yes, my loft looks like an Apple warehouse.... :D

I have boxes for my iPods, PowerBook, eMac, printer, scanner and a stack of miscellaneous audio hardware boxes and flightcases. They are very useful for shipping and moving.

Jaffa Cake
Sep 14, 2005, 07:05 AM
umm, sniffing... really...? :confused:Apparently so iGary was one of the chief culprits if memory serves...

I do have a couple of boxes knocking about in the spare room, mainly because they come in useful when I move. And the point you make about having the original packaging should you come to sell your Mac is a good one so I won't go slapping any wrists, just this once. :D

MattG
Sep 14, 2005, 07:11 AM
Yep, I keep my Apple packaging. I even kept the box for the keyboard I purchased for my Mini! I just use the spare bedroom closet.

I also like to keep the stuff so when Apple introduces something fantastic that I want to buy, I can sell my old equipment in the original packaging.

iGary
Sep 14, 2005, 07:22 AM
Apparently so iGary was one of the chief culprits if memory serves...

I do have a couple of boxes knocking about in the spare room, mainly because they come in useful when I move. And the point you make about having the original packaging should you come to sell your Mac is a good one so I won't go slapping any wrists, just this once. :D

Damned right...

Actually a freelancer from Wired e-mailed me and they are doing a story on it!

I took the pictures for the article. :D

macOSX-tastic
Sep 14, 2005, 07:25 AM
i too keep my apple packaging. here's the current inventory:
boxes for:
powerbook 15"
ipod photo 30GB
ipod mini green 4GB
wireless keyboard
mighty mouse
ipod headphones and remote
ipod in ear headphones
ipod dock

i also have:
apple bag from regent street store :o

tearfully departed with:
ipod 3G 15GB box, and the ipod:D

i also keep boxes from non-apple branded stuff, its useful for moving stuff about and storage.

i guess you clould call me a hoarder!!!:eek:

maybe i should create a shrine.... :rolleyes:

eXan
Sep 14, 2005, 07:28 AM
I keep all the boxes

rose red
Sep 14, 2005, 07:34 AM
I am keeping the packaging in case I sell it sometime. I keep boxes just in case, but I do have lots of room for storage. Funnily enough I still have sturdy boxes from products that ended up in the dustbin eons ago, and yet spend a fortune buying boxes at the post office on the grounds that they are the right size for sending by post!!!

stevietheb
Sep 14, 2005, 08:01 AM
Since I'm a student, I move quite often. I can't imagine moving my iMac G5 without the packaging...it would just be too awkward/scary. I have a closet devoted to packaging from various electronics (ironically...it's the largest closet in my apt...and it's barely large enough, in terms of width, to fit the iMac packaging...I need to move!).

Eluon
Sep 14, 2005, 08:25 AM
I kept the packaging on my iMac G5 and my iBook G3. I replaced my iBook G3 with an iBook G4 (warranty issues) and threw away the G4's box. So, if I needed to sell my iBook G4, I suppose I could put it in an iBook G3's box... what a surprise to someone when they open it up and see the precious G4....

mus0r
Sep 14, 2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, I do keep mine. As the original poster said, I may one day sell the items, and therefore would get a better price (buyer would assume items are in great condition if one's anal enough to keep the original packaging :D ).

Jovian9
Sep 14, 2005, 08:30 AM
Yes I do. I sell my Macs/iPods and upgrade about once a year and keeping the packaging really seems to help me sell them.

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 08:32 AM
I was just asking since I have little, well in fact NO real storage space in my flat. I live on the top floor in what was originally the loft space, so obviously I have no loft, don't have any eaves/understairs cupboards either. At the moment the built-in wardrobe in the spare bedroom is my only storage space. In my previous flat I had a huge understairs cupboard and stored boxes for absolutely everything in there. But no such luxury here! After i moved into this place i threw away ALL the packaging. But i'm starting to collect boxes again. The Apple stuff is too nice to throw out and a PowerBook is one of those things that i'll probably want to upgrade in 2-3 years time so thought it was worth holding onto the box.

Xenious
Sep 14, 2005, 08:44 AM
I keep the packaging for transport purposes on the large items. Plus it comes in handy on the $#@! G5 iMac that has had two hard drives die in the first 5 months of its life both requiring a trip back to the Apple Store. (You never realize how heavy that small thing is until you have to lug it around a mall. Glad my G5 has never had an issue.)

To put it in perspective I keep most of my boxes from eletronics (spare bedroom closet) so apple is not singled out for honor.

tekmoe
Sep 14, 2005, 09:28 AM
i keep all my packaging for pretty much any big ticket items i buy.

TBi
Sep 14, 2005, 09:30 AM
I keep all my boxes including boxes from stuff my friends bought and i set up for them :)

Verto
Sep 14, 2005, 09:34 AM
I kept the box for my iMac, along with the styrofoam, so that when I move I can be assured of reasonable protection. Unfortunately, the box is not useful for anything besides that, as Apple shipped it in just that white box (no cardboard "shell") so it is pitted and dirtied. Plus I had to cut out the serial number etc for the rebate promo.

Rest assured, when I buy a new computer (maybe an iBook next year, maybe a little later) I will buy it from the Apple store near here, and not from online.

dmw007
Sep 14, 2005, 09:34 AM
Yes, I do indeed keep the boxes/packaging from Apple.

Current inventory-
1) iPod Mini Box
2) Power Mac G5 Box

Mitthrawnuruodo
Sep 14, 2005, 09:36 AM
I keep (nearly) all boxes for at least as long as the warranty of the device that came in it lasts. That way I can use the original packing (which should give the best fit for transportation) if I have to send it in for repairs and/or replacement.

This was an advantage when I had to change the motherboard of my old Pismo after a lightning induced power surge, I just found the old "suitcase" box and took it to the nearest service provider which had to send it around Europe to get it fixed, I know it at least was in Holland and Ireland... :rolleyes:

killuminati
Sep 14, 2005, 09:39 AM
I keep most of the boxes. I have the boxes for:

15" Powerbook
17" iMac G5
Blue iPod Mini
Airport Expresssss

crdean1
Sep 14, 2005, 09:43 AM
I keep all of the boxes, and since I got my first mac in Feb. (PB), I am going to wrap it up in the original box along with my pod box, keyboard box, mouse box, dock box, icurve box, harmon/kardon box, belkin router box and radtech box for Christmas and it will be just like getting a whole new setup.
:D

tobefirst
Sep 14, 2005, 09:51 AM
I have most of the boxes from the stuff that I've bought as well as the boxes from the computer my sister bought. Here's the list:

iMac G4
iBook G4
iPod 2G
Powerbook G4 (Titanium)
Apple Wireless Keyboard

I did toss the box my Power Mac G5 came in though, because it was a refurbished computer and just came in a brown box...the saddest part about buying a refurbished computer, really. (:

My sis is thinking about upgrading to a iMac...I told her I'd help her pick it out, only if I could have the box. (:

RobHague
Sep 14, 2005, 09:52 AM
I don't have a lot of room but ive kept the box for my PowerMac and ACD hanging around :o under the desk and such because it seems a shame to throw em away. Plus if the system ever gets 'moved' what better to put it in - come to sell it and it will be better with the original stuff too.

The foamy packaging makes a nice make-shift computer cover too when the screen and baseunit are not in use ;) thankfully cwonline put boxs around the box's... which i didnt expect but much appreciated anyway.

Speaking of sniffing packaging lol, for a day or so after i unpacked my new Mac my room smelt like the innards of the boxs. :D

m-dogg
Sep 14, 2005, 10:31 AM
I keep them.

Having my iMac G5 box came in handy this week when I needed to bring it in for service. It was an easy, convienient & safe way to transport it!

pammyspyce
Sep 14, 2005, 10:36 AM
I keep all my boxes from Apple products.

I have:
PB box
iMac G5 box
keyboard box
Mighty Mouse box
iPod box
iPod dock box
iPod socks box
AP card box
AP base box
PB battery box
iLap box

It's a sickness I tell you. I never saved my PC boxes.

Ashapalan
Sep 14, 2005, 10:41 AM
i keep all my packaging, sometimes its really nice to go through it all again. It looks really nice as well.

i could never chuck it out, never.

technocoy
Sep 14, 2005, 10:44 AM
Hi my name is David, and I'm a sniffer.

I sniff my boxes. I sniff my powerbook vents. I also sniff my G5 vents...

Yes I know it's strange. I love apple.

I'm also VERY OCD, so I also have all my boxes.

Oddly, it's only my apple products I sniff... well, and macaroni and cheese.

technocoy

wPod
Sep 14, 2005, 11:21 AM
i still have all of my boxes. even from hardware i dont have anymore!!!! (ok, i should probably start throwing some of it away)
i have:
iPod 10GB 1st gen (iPod does not hold any charge but i still have it sitting somewhere, maybe i should re-unite it with its box!)
12" iBook G3 box (sold computer to a friend, who didnt ask for the box)
box for ram upgrade for iBook
box for airport upgrade for iBook
12" PB G4 box
iPod shuffle 512mb box
but i dont have a box for my 20GB iPod that i bought off a friend.

<edit> oh yeah, and my airport express box, forgot about that. and btw i keep it all at my parents house in my old closet. noone uses the room now so i figure i can clutter it up until i graduate from college and have to haul all my stuff away for real!

i guess i keep it all b/c i think i will sell it later, but like the 1st gen iPod i tend to use stuff till it doesnt work or sell it to someone who doesnt care abotu a box!

Merf
Sep 14, 2005, 12:35 PM
I wonder how much an original Macintosh box is worth? Well at least to a collector.

Merf

yg17
Sep 14, 2005, 12:42 PM
I keep all my boxes. My Apple box invetory:

2nd gen 10 gig iPod
4th gen 40 gig iPod
Airport (802.11b) card
Airport Extreme card
15" PowerBook
PowerMac G5
Apple Keyboard

stonyc
Sep 14, 2005, 01:10 PM
I keep all mine, too:

Powerbook 15"
Powerbook 12"
3G iPod 20GB
2G iPod mini 6GB
Airport Express

wordmunger
Sep 14, 2005, 01:16 PM
I am apparently in the minority. I have 5 Macs and only one box. The next time I upgrade, that box will get thrown in the trash and I'll keep the new one.

shadowmoses
Sep 14, 2005, 01:23 PM
You shoulda picked up that box and put it on ebay you could have got some decent $$$ for it....

As for me i keep the smaller boxes;iPod's iBook's etc but i couldnt keep my eMac box it was just sooo big i couldnt store it anywhere after a few weeks of sitting in my room it had to go,

SHadOW

Mord
Sep 14, 2005, 01:28 PM
i keep all mine in the attic.

so far i have a g4 cube box a 15" ASD box, a 600MHz g3 ibook box a powerbook 100 box and an lc475 box.

jiv3turkey748
Sep 14, 2005, 01:43 PM
i keep my boxes my ibook box is right under my desk

stevep
Sep 14, 2005, 01:48 PM
And I'm just packing my eMate 300 into its box to take it to a guy at work who collects old and interesting computers. I still have the plug adaptors, book and cd's that came with it.
I reckon the packaging on a Mac boosts its secondhand value by about 10% (so in the case of the eMate its worth 11......)

jeremy.king
Sep 14, 2005, 01:52 PM
I am a box keeper, since I usually resell my apple gear and it looks cool.

It all started when I went to sell my Performa 6400 back in 1998, I think, and I got raped by Mailboxes etc when they charged me $40 in packaging materials (big box + custom foam mold thingy)...Cost $100 to ship the beast....Last time that will happen.

In fact, I recently shipped my PM that I sold and it was much more affordable since I had the original box...

I keep all the boxes in my closet of computer stuff...Big ones in the basement.

clayj
Sep 14, 2005, 02:18 PM
I keep the boxes for ALL of my electronics, Apple or otherwise. Never know when you might sell some old equipment or need to ship something.

mcmadhatter
Sep 14, 2005, 02:36 PM
I had to cut to big chunks out of mine so that i could post off for the student rebate :mad: but before i cut it up it was a very nice box

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 02:49 PM
You shoulda picked up that box and put it on ebay you could have got some decent $$$ for it....

hehe i could go and wander down the road and check if it's still there... but i'm feeling lazy and it's dark outside...

so does anyone from west london care to own up to throwing your box out?!!

Chubypig
Sep 14, 2005, 02:55 PM
I keep them all, but mostly because I keep all of the old products. :D I have quite the collection under the stairs.

grizzlybrice
Sep 14, 2005, 03:15 PM
oooh slap my wrists then. sorry, i never saw that thread!

umm, sniffing... really...? :confused:

yeah, I am guilty of this as well... nothing beats the smell of a brand new dvd, let alone a pack of magic cards. mmmmmm.....

B

20rogersc
Sep 14, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yup my iBook box is still in my room from about nine months ago when I bought it. And my Shuffle's box is also in there somewhere . . .

::20ROGERSC::

Vanilla
Sep 14, 2005, 04:07 PM
I have kept all my boxes and keep them in the attic. The one exception is the packaging for my 20" iMac, which is too big to go through the attic hatch! It's now a lampstand covered in a sheet in my spare room.

Bottom line, the packaging will come in handy when the time comes to sell.
Vanilla

strydr
Sep 14, 2005, 04:44 PM
I'm a pack rat too.. I keep every box with a Apple logo on it.. The boxes are just too nice to throw away, I'll find something to do with them...

mikes63737
Sep 14, 2005, 05:08 PM
I keep mine, too!

Inventory:
Mac Mini Box
iPod Mini Box
Apple Keyboard Box

I also keep the bags from the Apple store.

lopresmb
Sep 14, 2005, 05:14 PM
My parents have an old sawtooth G4 PM, and its kinda cool seeing the old box that it came in. Makes you reminisce.... ;)

esco
Sep 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
of course I keep them. They're works of art :). They come in handy when reselling them too, it increases the value.

My Current Apple Boxes:
15" Powerbook
iPod Nano
Mighty Mouse
Mac OS X Tiger

Ones I've parted with:
3G iPod
4G iPod
iPod Shuffle

joepunk
Sep 14, 2005, 06:28 PM
I to am guilty of keeping most of the Apple boxes from my current PB to the the old iMac. I did have to cut out parts of the boxed for rebates. And no, I have never sniffed the boxes.

California
Sep 15, 2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm a sniffer (though I didn't know it until I read this thread. Part of the thrill of Christmases past, too, the new plastic/new car smell)

I kept all my packaging and booklets. though sometimes the CDs would get shuffled off somewhere.

And you know I'm into it when you consider how LITTLE storage space I have...

AND I'm keeping the boxes with the rebate squares cut off, anyway. Still great to remember what the original boxes advertised and if you ever need to transport or ship them.

GoCubsGo
Sep 15, 2005, 05:36 PM
I am not specific to Apple and here it why.
I had a laptop 11 months old, sold it in all its orig. packaging minus some twist ties and it sold for $400 more than the going rate on ebay. When I moved I had to move my PowerBook. I was afraid if it was in a bag someone might see it in all the hysteria and toss it so I packed it right back into the original box. I did the same with my ipod and my shuffle. My camera lenses all get the same treatment.

over the years I've had to set priorities on what boxes I keep, but so far that is not working entirely well. For most computer things I will keep the packages for no less than two to three years. For example when I moved I tossed the packaging for my windows machine and all the cards and drives and such (since I built it myself). Now I am selling it and wished I had that stuff. Good thing it is 3 years old and the lady just doesn't care if I have the box.

drake
Sep 15, 2005, 06:33 PM
Don't know if anyone has suggested this, but if you're keeping the boxes around to increase the value when you sell your computer, why not just put the boxes on eBay and make some money now. I'm sure they'll be people there who have computers they want to sell with boxes and will pay you for them. :p

After G
Sep 15, 2005, 06:41 PM
I only keep the box of my current Apple gear.

I also keep all the boxes for my tiny electronics (external drives, mice, cameras, inside the Apple box.

Lacero
Sep 15, 2005, 06:42 PM
I keep my packaging as well. I've always been able to resell my Apple stuff. Never has any of my Apple stuff been dumped in the garbage.

CanadaRAM
Sep 15, 2005, 07:01 PM
Are you kidding me?

Mac Plus and ImageWriter LQ in the basement, in their boxes. I think the Mac II box got used for rags though.

I reluctantly parted with the EMAC Metro 20 Mb external hard drive ($1,495!!) box and the Abaton Scanner box. Still have the Abaton ProPoint ADB trackball though.

wako
Sep 15, 2005, 07:41 PM
I made my PB box into a poster :)

Im a queer like that :D

kasei
Sep 15, 2005, 07:54 PM
Hell yeah! It took me forever to switch! I am going to enjoy every last bit of Apple, even down to the packaging. I even hang onto the bags I get at the story everytime I buy something.

This has got to be a sickness......

drake
Sep 15, 2005, 08:20 PM
"reality distortion field" :D

wako
Sep 15, 2005, 11:18 PM
I even hang onto the bags I get at the story everytime I buy something.

I must say the apple store bags are pretty sexy :)

Eniregnat
Sep 16, 2005, 07:13 PM
In my old apartment, I had my old iBook box (Tangerine Clamshell) hanging on a wall, a couple of other Apple box sides on the walls and and an clear orange shower curtain with a white Apple sticker on it. Nerdy, but cool for me. My ex... well she didn't live with me, so it was ok.

zen.state
Sep 16, 2005, 07:50 PM
I always keep mine. I still have my powermac box that is almost 6 years old and still in great shape. I use my mac mini box to hold backup dvd-r. I have a good 150 or so in it and there is still room. using paper sleeves btw.

wozzlewoozle
Sep 16, 2005, 08:32 PM
Keep all my boxes. Cmon they're so beautiful, how could you throw them away?

Bear
Sep 16, 2005, 09:42 PM
I have the system and LCD display boxes for computers and printers I currently have.

I didn't keep the boxes for the small stuff. (Airport Express/Extreme, iPods, extra drives for the PowerMac).

The small stuff will pack easily in a moving box. (And you'd want to put the small boxes in a bigger box anyway.)

The iMaqc G4 and G5 really do require special packaging to move easily. And so do LCD displays.

I also toss most software boxes. They take up a lot of space and don't usually have much in them.

jamesW135
Sep 17, 2005, 03:15 PM
I keep all my mac boxes, the pc boxes blech they go to the shreder.

Plymouthbreezer
Sep 17, 2005, 04:11 PM
Yes... I keep all mine too.

seriypshick
Sep 17, 2005, 11:01 PM
Here's what I have so far:

iMac
iPod
iWork
Tiger

iEdd
Sep 18, 2005, 05:16 AM
I keep all the boxes. To send away, to admire, to sniff :D etc

deral
Sep 18, 2005, 06:00 AM
I had a yell fit at my neighbor, because he ripped open a box of iPod socks that I bought just for display.

Xephian
Sep 18, 2005, 11:22 AM
I keep all my boxes for my Macs and PC upgrades.

katie ta achoo
Sep 19, 2005, 10:51 PM
haha, my stupid idiot neighbors threw away some Apple iBook boxes... My mom noticed them on her walk this morning, and she told me tonight. I got all excited, so we went to go get them. She drove, rolled down the window, and I threw them in!

Unfortunately, they are EMPTY! (no manuals, no fancy stickers, NOTHING!) but someone DID leave an original airport card adapter in there... :) It's a trophy!

I'm going to display like so:

Orange iBook, OS X 10.3, Blue iBook, iLife '04, PowerBook, AirPort Express, iPod, Wireless Keyboard, Wireless Mouse, Power Adapter. Then, I'm going to make a special little frame for the bags that came from Apple Company store, have a HUGE blown up piccie of the store, or me at 1 Infinite loop, and arrange the bags in that.

I'm such a nerd, but I have an art project. Woowooowwoooo! :)

ravenvii
Sep 20, 2005, 12:51 AM
I do keep the boxes my Apple stuff... For when I eventually sell them :D

davebl
Sep 22, 2005, 01:57 AM
i keep all boxes and reciepts. i like to buy things with the boxes, and i feel other people do too.

wongulous
Sep 23, 2005, 01:37 AM
I only keep Apple boxes. Other companies' get thrown away. I have:

Original Bondi Rev. A iMac G3
Strawberry Rev. C iMac G3
2 Indigo (Rev. D or E.. I forget) iMac DV G3s
iBook G4
Various Apple accessories (AirPort cards, base stations, keyboards, mice)
Next week, two more iBook G4s (or one PBG4 and one iBook G4), and two iPods. Maybe iPod Socks.

maya
Sep 23, 2005, 01:56 AM
NOPE.

Nice boxes, however I have no use for them as I do not resell my Mac's on Ebay. :)

skyfallenstar
Sep 23, 2005, 06:10 PM
I always keep my Apple packaging. Always. <3

camomac
Sep 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
i keep all my boxes, well almost everything. computer, audio, mostly anything within reason.

i always have.

damn nice boxes too.

maddav
Sep 25, 2005, 08:57 AM
I have all my boxes, because I have a tendency to sell things, and I've learmt that keeping the boxes is a good thing :D

Plus I like some of them (ipod, ibook) :p

florencevassy
Sep 25, 2005, 09:22 PM
Funny, I was just thinking about this topic the other day. I really liked the PowerBook box.

But I have very little space for all those boxes so I had to throw them away. I guess when I move I will have to pack everything up very nicely.

Chrispy
Sep 25, 2005, 10:01 PM
I always keep my computer boxes as I change systems on such a regular basis haha.

barneygumble
Sep 25, 2005, 10:27 PM
I have 3 ipod boxes and a mini box, that is all sofar ;)

AP_piano295
Sep 25, 2005, 10:55 PM
My firends gave me my 16th birthday presents in an ipod 3g box :D
full of reces and 30 bucks talk about immagination they had me thinking I got and ipod bast****.

Eidorian
Sep 25, 2005, 11:21 PM
Yes, I do. I hate that I had to cut out my iMac G5's UPC label for a rebate though.

ZoomZoomZoom
Sep 25, 2005, 11:23 PM
I hate how apple's boxes look so nice. I have to throw them away to save space, but it's always so hard. It's the feeling you probably got when you were little and had to disassemble your legos.

I still have my PB outer box back at home, though. I just couldn't let go of that one.

ReanimationLP
Sep 25, 2005, 11:26 PM
I wish I had the box for my G4. :(

It sucks buying Macs secondhand sometimes. When you dont get the packaging, and *shudders* they send it in a Dell box.

:eek:

bodeh6
Sep 27, 2005, 08:44 AM
I have the box for my iBook, HP PSC 1610, Samsonite L35 case. The iPod box though had some coffee spilled on it by a family member and thus smelled like coffee and I did not want to keep that in my room. So it was tossed.

enginerd
Sep 27, 2005, 09:11 AM
Just saw this thread. I like the apple packaging, especially for small items--beats the awful blister packages used by most other companies! I'd have saved more of it if I had more space in the office. I've had an emac, 12 and 14" ibooks, 12" powerbook, PM G4 and G5, and mac mini boxes at one point. Now, they're all gone..*sniff*

Lord Blackadder
Sep 27, 2005, 11:09 AM
I try to keep original packaging, but it's hard to keep empty boxes when I have such a critical shortage of storage to begin with...most of it ends up getting thrown away, despite the fact that I'm a big-time packrat.

macam
Sep 27, 2005, 04:40 PM
I have got my original box from my G4 that I got like 4 years (maybe less can't remember - it's been happy times though!) ago. I love it. It does just sit in my loft. BUT I know it's there and I can look at it whenever I want to. They only thing really I didn't keep was my box from my iPod (2nd Gen 20gig) That box was SO cool but, I bought it in the states and had to smuggle it back into the UK! They box, as much as it was cool - would have given the game away I think! My G3 was 2nd hand so I haven't got the box for that so I can't really complain about that. Airport Base Station, Airport Card, Mighty Mouse, OSX Panther And Tiger (Lost my Jaguar box in a move!) And I will keep the box for my 12" PB and 20" Display when i get them... I will keep also my iPod Nano Box, when my gf decides to give me my present. Man girls can be mean! She needs to hurry it up a little! ;) I think that's it?

Macam

peterparker
Sep 27, 2005, 04:44 PM
Absolutely. And I have about 30 bags from Apple retail stores.

katie ta achoo
Sep 27, 2005, 06:38 PM
Absolutely. And I have about 30 bags from Apple retail stores.

As soon as I find a frame, I'm putting my bags from Cupertino in there. :)

Benyamin
Oct 4, 2005, 05:03 PM
I have held onto all of mine. For the most part they are like trophies, also I move a lot because I am a college student.

robcts
Oct 4, 2005, 05:28 PM
I keep every box I get, because I'll probably sell it down the road. Makes it easier.

iMetalG5
Oct 5, 2005, 11:30 AM
yup i keep all mine. i got my iMac G5 box, iBook G4 box, iPod 40GB, iPod mini, shuffle, mouse, keyboard, firewire cable bags, etc...and haha an empty 15" PB box. Yup, I was at the mall and it was downpouring and in the trash was this black box. I ran over and saw it was a 15" PB box! I took it and when I got home dried it off. Opened the box and to my surprise someone left the manuals / stickers in there. Too bad they didn't leave the G4 PB!!!!!! :D

oh and yeah i keep the apple retail bags as well. i especially love the "back pack" style bags!

Rowen
Oct 5, 2005, 12:56 PM
I would wish to keep my packaging, but they're all terribly the same and bland when you order apple refurbished products. All my friends keep their 'new' packing though. I only wish apple could do something about the refurbish packgaging as it is rather unattractive and bland.

hcuar
Oct 5, 2005, 02:10 PM
I keep the boxes to my Apple products too... They are so pretty... :rolleyes: I actually like having the smaller ones like my iPod box on my bookshelves. I think it looks cool. I know, I'm a sick puppy. At least I don't sniff them. Although, I will give it a try.

john_satc
Oct 5, 2005, 03:26 PM
Yep I keep all mine - currently being:
iMac 20"
iBook 12"
2 x 20g colour ipod
isight
wireless keyboard
wireless mouse
worlwide adapter kit (still in wraper as not opened, even though bought like 6 months ago)
ipod socks!
box that apple t-shirt came in
lacie drive box

all sat on top of my wardrobe with other stuff I don't want damaged - expensive bags etc. - only place cats don't reach :)

ITASOR
Oct 5, 2005, 03:32 PM
We have a "box walk-in closet" downstairs. That's where you'll find my boxes. All of them for.....everything I ever bought. :eek:

dubbz
Oct 5, 2005, 03:42 PM
I've kept the packaging from my Powerbook, but it's not in very good condition. Used it to pack some stuff when I moved back home. It's ripped and covered with brown tape

VanMac
Oct 5, 2005, 04:11 PM
Yup, for IPod and iBook. Nice to have if its possible to store it somewhere.

steelfist
Oct 5, 2005, 04:16 PM
I keep my ibook packaging, it holds my ibook stuff like the manual, CDs, and it keeps it orgainized. also it's pretty good at showing off the stuff that i have. it's nearly like a Trophy for me :D

Epicurus
Oct 5, 2005, 07:00 PM
I've got my PowerBook, iPod, iSight, mouse, and AirPort boxes stacked in my closet. I'm also using the boxes for OS X Panther and OS X Tiger as book ends. To give them a little weight I dropped in a ziploc full of sand in each. They look amazingly good if you ask me.

iAFC
Oct 5, 2005, 07:42 PM
I will buy an iBook + Airport Express in the USA at the end of the year and unfortunately I will have to throw away all the boxes for I can pass by the Brazilian Customs without problems. :(

Marlon_JBT
Oct 5, 2005, 07:48 PM
Yes, I have the packaging, and all materials (except the test disc) for my PowerBook and iPod. :D