PDA

View Full Version : good phone?

mmmdreg
Nov 27, 2002, 12:59 AM
I'm looking around for a good mobile phone..I dunno if they're called that in the US or anything but you get the drift...price isn't an issue in this case..what do you recommend? I was looking at the sony ericsson t68i

ftaok
Nov 27, 2002, 06:23 AM
I've always gone for Motorola phones. I'm assuming that Australia is using a GSM system. The V66 is a nice compact phone that should run on GSM. The V70 is a flashy phone that will get you lots of looks.

But if you want to sync your phone with your Mac, I think the Sony/Ericcson phones are the only game in town. The T68i looks like a pretty cool phone, but I haven't seen one in use.

BTW, in the US, they're mainly called cell phones. Mobile phones works as well. So does "celly".

BenderBot1138
Nov 27, 2002, 06:50 AM
Since price isn't an issue... I'd definitely go with a half-ton truck and one of those completely cool Dr. Who red phonebooths. It's a phone and it's mobile.

Or you could support Apple's Channel partner - Motorola! I'm sure others will have some excellent suggestions as well... keep your eyes peeled here.

Disclaimer: Brain damage resulting from use of cellular devices is neither the responsbility of the commentator here nor his intention in recommending Apple Channel partner cellular products.

:cool:

dricci
Nov 27, 2002, 07:13 AM
Check out the Handspring Treo's
http://www.handspring.com

A palm and a phone in one, and it Syncs with iSync (through Palm Desktop)

Giaguara
Nov 27, 2002, 08:43 AM
i suggest a (any) nokia.

i got my first gsm in 1995. for one year i had a motorola - and that was it. since that nokias only... so now i have my 3rd nokia and 4th mobile in total.

they resist falling to floor well.
big screens.
whatever.

not THAT nokia addicted that i am to macs but .. even the next will have to be a nokia.. ;)