Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarathonRock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation ats far as one of the magnetic styluses that attach to the iPad screen, or the smart cover screen. I have read some reviews where it said that after awhile the stylus seems to shift all over the screen. I have a stylus that attaches to the headphone port, but not a big fan. I would appreciate any personal recommendations!

MarathonRock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I bought the Maglus 3 days ago, and it shows it shipped and will be here by Nov 30th!

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I ordered and paid for the Maglus on the 7th November. It was not delivered until the 20th.

I wasn't impressed considering the shipping cost me a significant amount extra.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Got my magnus.

Does not work with the devicewear mini case i have due to the magnet placement.

Also have to press too hard and the fidelity is no better than any other capacitive stylus.

Will be returning it.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Got my magnus.

Does not work with the devicewear mini case i have due to the magnet placement.

Also have to press too hard and the fidelity is no better than any other capacitive stylus.

Will be returning it.

I'm finding the same thing, sort've. I like the way it handles now but it took some getting used to, like 30 mins of testing different apps and finally getting my hand calibrated to press with the right amount of weight.

And yeah the magnet doesn't work at all with the mini. Works great with the regular ipad though. Like super-great.

And the tip it came with was loose and the rubber came off when I was trying to put the replacement on and I'm emailing now to even see if replacement tips are for sale, or what. (I wasn't pulling by the rubber)

Overall it's not a bad stylus just:
Not for the mini
Not for some apps.
Where are the replacement tips?

For $40 USA it's not quite as jaw dropping as I was expecting but I'll likely keep it and use it only with the larger ipad, leaving the Adonit Jot mini for the mini.

MarathonRock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
I agree, there is a learning curve to Maglus in order to how much pressure that you place for specific apps. I found a secuse fit magnetically when placed over the Apple magnetic cover. Very strong in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.