PDA

View Full Version : os 10.4, ibook, and battery problem

howard
Sep 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
since i installed 10.4 i've been having battery problems with my ibook. it was working perfectly fine before but now even thought it says "charged" on the top, i'll unplug it and the computer will shut off dead immediatly. i've tried reseting the power manager, i've tried zapping the pram and i've tried opening firmware and typing reset-nvram reset-all. none have done anything to help the problem. Any ideas?

YS2003
Sep 17, 2005, 08:37 AM
Have you tried taking out the battery while your iBook is powered by AC adaptor? I heard this sometimes fixes this type of problem.

Voidness
Sep 17, 2005, 08:42 AM
Check out this app, it will show you the exact status of your iBook's battery, since there could be something wrong with your iBook's:

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

howard
Sep 17, 2005, 06:02 PM
downloaded that program, says current battery charge: 0% and battery is charging: no

so i guess the computer is not charging the battery. any ideas on how to fix this?

howard
Sep 18, 2005, 09:18 AM
so now i'm pretty sure the battery is just dead. It won't charge up in another ibook, same problem. and now the buttom led on the battery is constantly lit up. what i don't understand why installing os 10.4 did this. I'm certain it was what caused this because it was working fine before and as soon as i installed it it stopped working.