PDA

View Full Version : the smokey eMac part 2.

iGav
Nov 28, 2002, 02:16 PM
Well finally yesterday evening (after almost 2 weeks waiting for both the reseller and Apple to pull there collective fingers from their orifices) my brother finally received his replacement eMac after the original went up in smoke within 24 hours of receiving it!!

No apology (from the reseller) for crappy service, or for obnoxious, ignorant and condescending staff, or for the massive inconvenience etc etc....... but knowing that I've cost this particular reseller almost 60k in sales just by having a friendly chat with some of my chums and a couple of design consultancies, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!

Suffice to say we were alittle apprehensive when we started to set it up this morning, awaiting the desktop disco smoke machine to transform my bro's lounge into a set from Saturday Night Fever' again!! However as soon as the power switch was pushed...... hey presto, the screen came on and the machine started up........ No KISS style pyrotechnics this time!! it did still require the 4 software restore discs to actually fire it up (if you pardon the pun sir!) but apart from that, everything seems spiffy!!

Wicked!!

King Cobra
Nov 28, 2002, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear you finally got it up and working. Not so glad to hear that those resellers still sound like their d**ks would rather be burried in their self righteous investments... :rolleyes:^Explicit

What matters is you'll be much happier, knowing you have a working computer.

Is there no one other than S*tan UK Inc. you can buy Apple products from? :)

SilvorX
Nov 28, 2002, 04:58 PM
bout time for the replacement...if my new mac (thats taking way too long to get (and was supposed to be ready monday)) turns out to be faulty and the computer store wont fix it...i'll be doing lots of bytching over the phone...lol

jefhatfield
Nov 28, 2002, 11:57 PM
this new emac should give your brother years of enjoyment

it seems like it took those apple people years to replace your smoking emac

and it might take them more years to finally apologize

iGav
Nov 29, 2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra

Is there no one other than S*tan UK Inc. you can buy Apple products from? :)

There is....... it's called Apple and they have my 1GHz PowerBook order now...... and also have 9 1GHz PowerBook orders from friends and christ knows how many from 2 other design consutancies......(instead of S*tan UK Inc! Mwhahahaha) they're all making great use of the double your RAM offer I think!!

bout time for the replacement...if my new mac (thats taking way too long to get (and was supposed to be ready monday)) turns out to be faulty and the computer store wont fix it...i'll be doing lots of bytching over the phone...lol

I had good vibes from this machine when we unpacked it....... it'll do good by my Brother......... ;) :) the first thing we did though was to check serial numbers just incase!!!

this new emac should give your brother years of enjoyment

it seems like it took those apple people years to replace your smoking emac

and it might take them more years to finally apologize

It's a stonking machine......... and I think he's really impressed to be honest, he's got Tetris installed on it so he'll be happy for hours now!! heh heh!!

It is really zippy though!! it's got 640MB of RAM so it's pretty smarting on all tasks...... much faster than my Rev A TiBook........ quite shocking the difference in speed actually!! So I'm well up for getting my new GHz TiBook...... just to re-establish the performance balance you understand!!

Anyways cheers guys! And have chilled weekend!!

Gav