Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carpe diem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Hi there i am new here,
I have just realized i have 6 iPod's and no clue to what i should do with them. I have a 3g 20gb, 2 1g iPod mini's, a shuffle and 2 nano's. The two nano's is because they did not have the 4gb nano in white in the shop when i went so i ordered it and got the black to satisfy me for a couple of days. I also have the logitech bt headphones which dont work with the nano :(

Thanks

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
carpe diem said:
Hi there i am new here,
I have just realized i have 6 iPod's and no clue to what i should do with them. I have a 3g 20gb, 2 1g iPod mini's, a shuffle and 2 nano's. The two nano's is because they did not have the 4gb nano in white in the shop when i went so i ordered it and got the black to satisfy me for a couple of days. I also have the logitech bt headphones which dont work with the nano :(

Thanks

I suppose you could somehow do somesort of FireWire RAID setup with two 20 giggers and one mini to get 44GB of extra storage space... or, of course, you could sell 'em off in the Marketplace on here!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Get some cotton batting for snow, and some little ceramic houses and shoppes and churches that light up, and make a nice little christmas scene with your iPods as ice-skating children (on a mirror pond, of course). (you can pretend the black Nano is adopted :))

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
You can donate one to the poor-broke-devilot-would-love-a-nano-or-shuffle foundation. :D

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
rainman::|:| said:
Get some cotton batting for snow, and some little ceramic houses and shoppes and churches that light up, and make a nice little christmas scene with your iPods as ice-skating children (on a mirror pond, of course). (you can pretend the black Nano is adopted :))
that is the best idea i have ever heard hahahhahahhahha

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Its a pretty nice problem you've got there, but decide which one's you dont want and then ebay them off,

ShadOW

carpe diem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Which dont i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaty if i make a museum on ipod's (just joking) and i need all of them.
Thanks

Super20

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2004
Council Bluffs, IA
Don't you love when you want a serious answer and all you get are jokes? Seriously though, you could give one to a poor band teacher with a 30 minute commute and nothing good to listen to on the radio. AHHHHH....sorry..i really tried to be serious.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
eat one

see if you can bite a Nano in half!! :p if not that rap your Nano in a candy bar rapper and give it to s stranger or someone you don't like, things like that can do wonders for a person!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Do you honestly and publicly have to ask complete strangers what to do with unwanted expensive consumer electronic items or is this just idle boasting? :rolleyes:

Eluon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas

I wish I could tell you how hard I laughed at that one. Sent it to some friends here sitting by me in the library at school and they laughed hard too. Props

Rocky3478

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
Eluon said:
I wish I could tell you how hard I laughed at that one. Sent it to some friends here sitting by me in the library at school and they laughed hard too. Props
Give 'em away.... ;)

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
carpe diem said:
Hi there i am new here,

Thanks

Have each iPod for each type of music...

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

LOL

Talk about being the black sheep of the family

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yar, the Black Jewel be settin' 'er sails for ye, lad. Me hearties be needin' yer booty to stoke their love o' the sweet trade.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
You could sell them and give to a charity or donate to hurricane relief efforts. OR, you could just sit there and brag about all of them online to anyone who will listen, a strategy you seem to be content with.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Reanimation_LP said:
Haha, you know it! :p Although I must admit, perhaps Xeem's suggestion is better:
Xeem said:
You could sell them and give to a charity or donate to hurricane relief efforts. OR, you could just sit there and brag about all of them online to anyone who will listen, a strategy you seem to be content with.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
The real question is not 'what should i do with all my iPod's??????' but rather what SHOULDN'T you do w/ all your iPods???

have a ball. I say keep a nano and the 3g then just go crazy.

1. Wrap one of the iPods up in saran wrap (or something that will keep the water out) and just drop a shuffle in a fountain at the mall. Imagine throwing coins in and seeing a freaking shuffle at the bottom of the pool.

2. Get together w/ your friends in a park (or some other open space) and have a 'throw the iPod' contest. Whoever can throw it the farthest wins it.

3. Blow one up.

4. Put a shuffle in a balloon. Fill the baloon w/ helium. Have a goodbye shuffle ceremony and let go. Some poor sucker's gonna have a shuffle fall on his head....

That's four ideas. I mean, if you weren't going to sell them (the obvious solution) then there's no point in keeping them in a manageable state. Be creative.

Ahh.

Treat the ipod like a hostage. Go up to railroad tracks where people will see you and rope the iPod down to the tracks. Walk away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.