PDA

View Full Version : video killed the apple

jefhatfield
Nov 29, 2002, 12:05 PM
come on, apple

make all tibooks equipped with 64 MB video cards

make all G4s equipped with 128 MB video cards

and make one ibook with a 32 MB video card and the other two equipped with the 64 MB video cards

if we can't beat the PC world on price, speed, and DDR ram, then let's offer the best video cards in the world...apple is the multimedia computer, right?

agreenster
Nov 29, 2002, 01:22 PM
I hear that! 64MB, even on a Laptop seems kinda old........

But Im sure there will be someone who disagrees.......

idkew
Nov 29, 2002, 02:00 PM
the video card is actually more important to me right now than the processor when deciding to purchase a new laptop. my 16mb card is just not doing it for me. (tibook 667 rev b)

daniel77
Nov 29, 2002, 03:20 PM
to get decent graphics on a computer how much videocard do you need? like 16, 32.. etc???
I am getting an ibook soon and want to be assured that my beloved driver and needforspeed will play decently ;)

LethalWolfe
Nov 30, 2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
come on, apple

and make one ibook with a 32 MB video card and the other two equipped with the 64 MB video cards

if we can't beat the PC world on price, speed, and DDR ram, then let's offer the best video cards in the world...apple is the multimedia computer, right?

I'd take a faster proc than a bigger vid card anyday... of course I don't work in 3D or game om my Mac so that's probably why. ;)

Lethal

FattyMembrane
Nov 30, 2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by daniel77
to get decent graphics on a computer how much videocard do you need? like 16, 32.. etc???
I am getting an ibook soon and want to be assured that my beloved driver and needforspeed will play decently ;) the rule with laptops (and imacs) is to go for the best card available since it's non-upgradable. if you plan on using the ibook for lots of gaming, go for the 32 meg card

iJon
Nov 30, 2002, 03:56 PM
come on, apple

thats great, now my favorite mac will cost 6 thousand dollars.

iJon

jefhatfield
Nov 30, 2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by iJon

thats great, now my favorite mac will cost 6 thousand dollars.

iJon

see where the PC laptops are

www.laptopmagazine.com

Computer_Phreak
Nov 30, 2002, 04:40 PM

see where the PC laptops are

www.laptopmagazine.com

link doesnt seem to work...

sends me to a generic "URL Crawler" thing

jefhatfield
Nov 30, 2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Computer_Phreak

link doesnt seem to work...

sends me to a generic "URL Crawler" thing

oops, sorry dude...my mistake ;)

laptop magazine...you will have to go to the newsstand... the publication has so many reviews of PC laptops (and some mac laptops) and those PCs are packed with features...especially great video cards and overall cheap system prices

but downside is,

1) sometimes cheaply built machines (like my compaq)
2) windows
3) sometimes ugly industrial design

an ibook for $1299 with an ATI 64 MB video card would be right in line with what some PC laptops offer...but with the ibook, we get os x and a much sturdier laptop

that said, laptop magazine and mobile computing magazine usually give apple laptops four or four and a half stars in a five star rating and that is great