Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
This is all the confirmation I need to think that an update to the Powerbook lineup is right around the corner. Today I went in to the University of Victoria in BC, Canada and the sales guy there told me that on top of the normal educational discount on the 12" Powerbooks he could offer another $150 additional off the price AND still offer the iPod promo deal also worth $225. I then said why the discount on top of the already discounted price? He said its due to them buying alot of stock and getting a deal from Apple. Well we all know this aint true. So I laughed and said or is it because of the lineup being updated very very soon? He commented...more than likely he said with a grin.

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
I currently have a recent iMac 20" and a Mac Mini w/ (2)60gb iPods so no...my wife would kill me if I had. ;)

But if the update is something worth not waiting for Mactel then I might have to sell my PC laptop I bought for the midterm while I waited for a worthwhile Powerbook.

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Oh I forgot...I am also a MASSIVE Civilization fan and Civ4 is coming out next month and I want it. ;)
No Mac version either. :(

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
Didn't you notice that Best Buy had the 12" Powerbook on for $1499 a couple weeks ago? Some stock clearing going on.

carpe diem

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2005
It does not necessarily mean that there are new power books coming out it may just be generous resellers.
Sorry if i sound pessimistic.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
carpe diem said:
It does not necessarily mean that there are new power books coming out it may just be generous resellers.
Sorry if i sound pessimistic.

In my experience, Apple resellers do NOT budge from their prices. They may throw in extras to be competitive, but their prices are generally set in stone.

It definitely means something.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
This means don't buy.. You may save money now.. But when the new ones are out you will probably save 1.5-2 times as much. (By better value in same model.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.