PDA

View Full Version : Faulty iBook LCD? (pics included)

Peter Griffin
Sep 20, 2005, 09:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if I have a defect. The iBook came like this appx. 2 weeks ago and I've done nothing to damage it afaik (no dropping). It's basically been used more as a desktop than laptop.

Attached you can find, in the first set, pictures of what I assume to be an LCD pushed back. You can see light leaking out of the right side.

The other set of pictures show a dark corner at the bottom right of the screen. I understand uneven lighting to be normal for iBooks, but along with this I have a dark patch following the bright right corner. The picture doesn't really do it justice but I hope you get the jist of what I'm talking about.

Do I have a defect?
Thanks in advance

KittenKrusher
Sep 20, 2005, 09:57 PM
I never had an iBook so I can't compare, but none of my previous laptops ever looked like that.

yuwing
Sep 20, 2005, 09:58 PM
i have the same thing (every pic = same with mine), but it never bothered me. only evident when u got a single color wallpaper.

had it for 2 weeks

Peter Griffin
Sep 20, 2005, 10:00 PM
i have the same thing (every pic = same with mine), but it never bothered me. only evident when u got a single color wallpaper.

had it for 2 weeks

It's really evident for me when I read any webpage that uses a white background like MF. The dark patch that is.

Whigga Spitta
Sep 20, 2005, 10:29 PM
in my experiences, it's always best to take it to an apple store to see what they say about it. i mean, they're the ones with the final word about an exchange or what have you...

bursty
Sep 20, 2005, 10:38 PM
Nothing like that on mine. I would take it to Apple. I'm sure they will be reasonable about the situation.