Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
Ok, I currently have a Ti 15" powerbook, but WILL SOON be buying a new 12" powerbook (as SOON as they update the line). I was going to purchase I thought a new 17" Apple LCD Display, but found out that the companies that were quoting the price had none in stock.

So... I have two options. One being purchasing an apple studio display on ebay, or just go out and purchase a new 19" LCD display.

My question for discussion would be: 1) would you consider buying a used LCD monitor off of ebay? 2) What new 19" LCD would you recommend in the $450 price range?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
mddharma said:
Ok, I currently have a Ti 15" powerbook, but WILL SOON be buying a new 12" powerbook (as SOON as they update the line). I was going to purchase I thought a new 17" Apple LCD Display, but found out that the companies that were quoting the price had none in stock.

So... I have two options. One being purchasing an apple studio display on ebay, or just go out and purchase a new 19" LCD display.

My question for discussion would be: 1) would you consider buying a used LCD monitor off of ebay? 2) What new 19" LCD would you recommend in the $450 price range?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)

Search the forum you find heaps and heaps of recommendations for the Dell 20" wide screen, can't remember the name but some one will post it.

jamie85

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2005
Brighton, UK
mddharma said:

I've heard good reviews about the Dell 1905FP 19", which is going for around ~$300 on eBay. Froogle gives PointShop.com as the lowest at $383 .

Or you could spend $250 more and get an (open box) Apple 20". :D

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Depends on how much screen realestate you want/need.

Apple displays are a bit overprices, but if you want "the looks" its what you are looking for.

I have a Viewsonic 17" which im really happy with.

Be sure to get a display that supports dvi try a few before you decide, but the market is full with very good LCD for a really low price atm

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
cluthz said:
Depends on how much screen realestate you want/need.

Apple displays are a bit overprices, but if you want "the looks" its what you are looking for.

I have a Viewsonic 17" which im really happy with.

Be sure to get a display that supports dvi try a few before you decide, but the market is full with very good LCD for a really low price atm

I am looking for a 19" I think, and I do not have to have widescreen. Also, I think I want to stay away from dell. Just personal problems with some of their stuff in the past at work, and I hate the idea of helping Michael out. :eek:

Now that is not to say I am saying never on the Dell. What model Viewsonic?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
mddharma said:
I am looking for a 19" I think, and I do not have to have widescreen. Also, I think I want to stay away from dell. Just personal problems with some of their stuff in the past at work, and I hate the idea of helping Michael out. :eek:

Now that is not to say I am saying never on the Dell. What model Viewsonic?
Dell's LCDs are cheaper and better than Apple's anyway. Apple and Dell also both get them from LG (when it comes to Dell's widescreens.....not sure about the rest).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.