PDA

View Full Version : Apple Repair Shipping...

iGary
Sep 22, 2005, 07:59 AM
Experience with repairs?

Well, they either replaced or repaired my 20-inch ACD, and it shipped from the depot yesterday.

What are peoples experiences with Apple repairs? Do they typically overnight?

NEENAHBOY
Sep 22, 2005, 11:59 AM
Do they typically overnight?

Yes.

iGary
Sep 22, 2005, 12:04 PM
And they did.

mjstew33
Sep 22, 2005, 12:38 PM
Good to know they repaired/replaced your 20" ACD that had cat hair in it! - How annoying.

Yeah, I sent my iPod in one time got it back 2 days later :D

yenko
Sep 22, 2005, 12:40 PM
Experience with repairs?

Well, they either replaced or repaired my 20-inch ACD, and it shipped from the depot yesterday.

What are peoples experiences with Apple repairs? Do they typically overnight?

When I had my 12" PowerBook repaired,(dead pixel issue) they DHL'd the shipping box next day. I shipped it back same say and got it back after 4 days total time. I think that's incredible! :eek:

My G5 had dead pixels also. I requested they ship the part to me. Got it next day. Full set of instructions included and tools. Packed the defective part in their DHL box and send it back to them same day. Took all of 20 minutes to swap out the Screen bezel. :p

I'm very happy with their service! :)

wdlove
Sep 22, 2005, 01:42 PM
My wife's PowerBook has been repaired a few times. Taken to our local Apple Store and they take care of the shipping. No problems. It's usually 2 - 3 days.

im_to_hyper
Sep 22, 2005, 08:31 PM
My 20GB (color) was on its second replacement since the end of June... they said I would be getting a refurbished model since this one seemed to be beyond repair. (Click wheel died, then the iPod would randomly "lock up" and have to be reset 1-2 times daily, then the wheel died again.

I got a box on Monday, the same day I requested repair from some place in Indiana or Iowa and shipped it out that night. Wednesday morning got my refurb... it was a 30 GB photo instead of the 20GB I sent in :D :D :D

Now, THAT is service.