PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake

ET iPhone Home
Dec 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
Guys,

Please help. So I'm trying to use Handbrake on my PC. I recall when I originally installed HB on my MB Air, it linked me to a required file, something like lssd or llsd something. I thought after the HB installation on my PC, it would link me to it again like it did on my MBA, but it didn't. Does here anyone know that link?

I know you need HB + VLC + ? (lssd or llsd) for it to work.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

blueroom
Dec 29, 2012, 04:19 PM
Only on OSX. On a PC you need something like AnyDVD.

ET iPhone Home
Dec 29, 2012, 04:41 PM
Only on OSX. On a PC you need something like AnyDVD.

Oh OK. So HB does not work at all on a PC? According to the site, they had one specifically for PC, maybe, I was wrong. Thanks!!!!

blueroom
Dec 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
Handbrake works fine on a PC. But you've still got the copy protection on the DVD to deal with.

ET iPhone Home
Dec 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
Handbrake works fine on a PC. But you've still got the copy protection on the DVD to deal with.

Ok thanks again, any suggestions on how to make it work since HB works on a Mac? Otherwise, it's ok. I'm heading to Australia tomorrow night and wanted to back up some of these HBO DVD Shows I got for Christmas and two other movies. I didn't want to have to take the DVDs along with me plus the external dvd drive since my PC is a Sony Z without optical drive. Thanks!!!!!

Is anyDVD an app I need to install to my PC for HB to work? Sorry for being a novice at this.

blueroom
Dec 29, 2012, 05:12 PM
You need to install SlySoft's AnyDVD (paid program). DVDFab might also work.

ET iPhone Home
Dec 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
You need to install SlySoft's AnyDVD (paid program). DVDFab might also work.

Alright. Thanks again. Will try it. Otherwise, I'll just take my MBA. The MBA travels much heavier than my 2.4lb Vaio Z which is another reason why. Thanks again and Happy New Year.