PDA

View Full Version : [All iPads] Will the dirt under my Screen Protector scratch my screen?

xNiGHTSBOYx
Dec 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
What the title says, I'm worried it will scratch :apple:

dinggus
Dec 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
It shouldn't. But, did you not clean your screen before you placed it on?

xNiGHTSBOYx
Dec 31, 2012, 08:44 AM
It shouldn't. But, did you not clean your screen before you placed it on?

Yeah :/ But evertime I use screen protectors, dirt always makes its way there :l So it definatley wont scratch?

ProudLoz
Dec 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah :/ But evertime I use screen protectors, dirt always makes its way there :l So it definatley wont scratch?

It won't scratch. I've had dirt get caught in some of my screen protector installs, and when I decided to take it off and install a new one later on, I didn't see any scratches on my screen at all. This applies to both my iPhone and iPad.

Although, on the iPad, it's a bit harder to do a perfect install of them. But you shouldn't have any worries. ;)

ericrwalker
Dec 31, 2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe your hands are dirty when you are installing the screen protector?

takeshi74
Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
Will the dirt under my Screen Protector scratch my screen?
Depends on what the "dirt" is.

It's fairly simple: if a material is harder than another material it will scratch. If not, it won't.

dinggus
Dec 31, 2012, 10:13 AM

That's never happened to me on any of my devices. I know my wife had the invisibleshield and some cheap rubber/plastic case that would lift it up, sand got trapped under it and she didn't care to clean it. I'm not just talking about 1 or 2, it was like she dropped it in the sand and had like 20 sand particules under it. I was afraid it would scratch it but to my surprise it didn't.

xNiGHTSBOYx
Dec 31, 2012, 01:24 PM
Okay thanks guys! :D

Blorzoga
Jan 1, 2013, 08:31 AM
Okay thanks guys! :D

It will only scratch if it moves around. Since it's trapped under the film, it shouldn't move or scratch. Must be pretty annoying to see though.

Ta0jin
Jun 19, 2014, 09:23 AM
It wont scratch (assuming it's sand though) but if any pressure is applied to it, it will nick it.

Jalopybox
Jul 9, 2014, 04:19 PM
Yes, it will. Remove with cellophane tape and put protector back on.