PDA

View Full Version : ibook g4

Mr_Brightside_@
Sep 28, 2005, 02:05 PM
hi i have the new slotloading ibook and was wondering if everybodys disk drives make a noise when waking/ booting up- its kinda weird...

eva01
Sep 28, 2005, 02:07 PM
If it has a CD in there then yes

wrxguy
Sep 28, 2005, 02:20 PM
yea...the powerbooks do it too....just part of the beast!

California
Sep 28, 2005, 02:31 PM
hi i have the new slotloading ibook and was wondering if everybodys disk drives make a noise when waking/ booting up- its kinda weird...

Mine don't.

My Powerbooks didn't either unless they were misalligned.

wide
Sep 28, 2005, 03:09 PM
mine does. whenever you wake it up from sleep or turn it on. i think it's the sudden motion sensor on the hard drive--the sound we hear is probably the hard drive unlocking.

my computer works fine--plays dvds and imports cds without problems. i was also concerned when i first got my 'book----the thing makes scratching noises when you turn it on?!? what?!

i don't think it's anything to worry about.

Mr_Brightside_@
Sep 28, 2005, 03:29 PM
the hard drive unlokcing sounds right; that wouldn't of occured to me...
yeah, it's an awesome machine, eh? i love the scrolling trackpad the most, and the cd rip speed is SO fast. however, i may have copioed a majorr problem fro my old machien... anyway, thanks for the help

mad jew
Sep 28, 2005, 06:10 PM
I don't think it's the SMS because my original G4 iBook makes the same noise. Still, it's normal and definitely nothing to worry about. :)

Xeem
Sep 28, 2005, 06:31 PM
My new iBook does the same thing. It doesn't seem to be anything unusual.

Mr_Brightside_@
Sep 29, 2005, 02:36 PM
thanks al ot everyone!

wdlove
Sep 30, 2005, 08:52 PM
An interesting story about the iBook being used in schools. Already being used in Maine. Our govenor may incrase the program in Massachussets.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/09/30/maine_pupils_get_ibook_learning/