PDA

View Full Version : iBook airport problems

smooshy
Sep 29, 2005, 01:31 PM
I have a 2-week old 12' ibook. It's been working on the wireless networks at home and at school without a problem, but today it won't connect at school. I haven't changed any settings, and other people around me are connecting without a problem.. I can only get the little picture of the computer in the airport part, which is computer to computer I think.. which won't help me get on the internet, right? The weird thing is that this computer to computer network is called the same thing as my regular school network. I tried reconfiguring everything, didn't help.

Any suggestions?

yenko
Sep 29, 2005, 01:57 PM
I have a 2-week old 12' ibook. It's been working on the wireless networks at home and at school without a problem, but today it won't connect at school. I haven't changed any settings, and other people around me are connecting without a problem.. I can only get the little picture of the computer in the airport part, which is computer to computer I think.. which won't help me get on the internet, right? The weird thing is that this computer to computer network is called the same thing as my regular school network. I tried reconfiguring everything, didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Check and see if the antannae lead to the airport card is firmly plugged in.

mersea
Sep 29, 2005, 02:47 PM
Something similar happened to me today.. my iBook was happily connect to my home wirless, then *wham* it couldn't find the network. I just had to turn off/on my airport and everything was happy :D

LimeiBook86
Sep 29, 2005, 03:02 PM
Same thing happens to me on my 500mhz G3 12" iBook, but I believe the antenna wire can be pushed in more, I'll have to check after I re-install Tiger on it. ;)