Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
kc
Apple has just rescentley changed the format for the BTO only on hte powermac page. Maybe this is meaning the update will come soon along with a refreshed store format.

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
themacman said:
Apple has just rescentley changed the format for the BTO only on hte powermac page. Maybe this is meaning the update will come soon along with a refreshed store format.

I dont see anything different at all, maybe I am looking at the wrong page.

The rumors might be correct because my dual 2.3 was supposed to ship yesterday (Friday) and I got an email saying it will ship on or before 10/13/2005 now. There was a problem with my check card with my bank though, but I don't see how that could delay it for 2 weeks since I just got off the phone with the bank and now all I have to do is call Apple back, which will only take a few minutes. Maybe they are holding my order and will replace it with one of the new ones. Who knows, only time will tell.

-bloodfist

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
bloodfist said:
I dont see anything different at all, maybe I am looking at the wrong page.

The rumors might be correct because my dual 2.3 was supposed to ship yesterday (Friday) and I got an email saying it will ship on or before 10/13/2005 now. There was a problem with my check card with my bank though, but I don't see how that could delay it for 2 weeks since I just got off the phone with the bank and now all I have to do is call Apple back, which will only take a few minutes. Maybe they are holding my order and will replace it with one of the new ones. Who knows, only time will tell.

-bloodfist

Wait. Can't you cancel your order since it's being late? I would do that and get the newest ones!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
As always it's best to purchase what you need when you have a need. There have been rumors of updates on most of the Mac's in the next eight weeks. So it just depends on how long you want to wait.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
there has been alot of talk about announcements of new things around the week of the 10th October, with the refurb store going back to once a week openings aswell. If your order has been put back til the 13th, maybe thats because they will post u one of the 1st new systems after the updates??? maybe :D

DC06

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2005
It's on the PB page too...here's a screen shot. There are now bullets for each option.
*sorry for the bad pic, my thinkpad's video card is dying! :( at least i'll be getting a new pb soon! :D *

EDIT: I added a pic of the UK store, notice the difference with the bullet points yet? :p

Attachments

• pb.JPG
    pb.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 223
  • PB-UK.JPG
    PB-UK.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 199

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
hmm cool. I still cant see it..but thanks for the screenshot DC06.
Lets hope that we can see some updated Powerbooks on tuesday!!!!

g^3

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2005
i noticed this a month ago. when you use firefox it loads with the drop down menu and with safari it loads the bulleted menu. it probably doesn't have to do with the updates.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
g^3 said:
i noticed this a month ago. when you use firefox it loads with the drop down menu and with safari it loads the bulleted menu. it probably doesn't have to do with the updates.

I loaded it with both and i get in both the drop down menu...But i guess if you noticed it a month ago it may just be hype over nothing....grrrr damn you apple refresh the F***ing COMPUTER line for once. :( :( :(

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
They added the dynamic updating thing awhile ago, but I don't see the bullets. Yet. UPDATES ON MONDAY! (but only to the online store). :p

DC06

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2005
No, I definitely loaded that same page yesterday with the SAME program (firefox) and did NOT get those bullet points...believe me! :p

ionisation

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2005
hmm, except that the other powerbooks - ie 17" and 12" are still within 24hrs or 3 days if you add something. perhaps that just means that they don't have many 15".... (UK site)

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I'm sitting on a Mac with Jaguar on it, and using Safari and I don't see the bulleted lists. But I think the times being pushed back significantly for 15's and even just a bit for the 12's and 17's might cue something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.