Not big news but something cool

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by themacman, Oct 1, 2005.

1. themacman macrumors 6502

Apple has just rescentley changed the format for the BTO only on hte powermac page. Maybe this is meaning the update will come soon along with a refreshed store format.

2. bloodfist macrumors member

I dont see anything different at all, maybe I am looking at the wrong page.

The rumors might be correct because my dual 2.3 was supposed to ship yesterday (Friday) and I got an email saying it will ship on or before 10/13/2005 now. There was a problem with my check card with my bank though, but I don't see how that could delay it for 2 weeks since I just got off the phone with the bank and now all I have to do is call Apple back, which will only take a few minutes. Maybe they are holding my order and will replace it with one of the new ones. Who knows, only time will tell.

-bloodfist

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Wait. Can't you cancel your order since it's being late? I would do that and get the newest ones!

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

As always it's best to purchase what you need when you have a need. There have been rumors of updates on most of the Mac's in the next eight weeks. So it just depends on how long you want to wait.

5. JasonGough macrumors regular

JasonGough

there has been alot of talk about announcements of new things around the week of the 10th October, with the refurb store going back to once a week openings aswell. If your order has been put back til the 13th, maybe thats because they will post u one of the 1st new systems after the updates??? maybe :D

6. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Did you take a screen capture...cos for me it looks exactly the same..

7. ph0rce macrumors 6502

8. DC06 macrumors newbie

It's on the PB page too...here's a screen shot. There are now bullets for each option.
    *sorry for the bad pic, my thinkpad's video card is dying! :( at least i'll be getting a new pb soon! :D *

EDIT: I added a pic of the UK store, notice the difference with the bullet points yet? :p

Attached Files:

• pb.JPG
      pb.JPG
      File size:
      164.6 KB
      Views:
    • PB-UK.JPG
      PB-UK.JPG
      File size:
      189.9 KB
      Views:
  9. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

hmm cool. I still cant see it..but thanks for the screenshot DC06.
    Lets hope that we can see some updated Powerbooks on tuesday!!!!

10. g^3 macrumors member

i noticed this a month ago. when you use firefox it loads with the drop down menu and with safari it loads the bulleted menu. it probably doesn't have to do with the updates.

11. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

I loaded it with both and i get in both the drop down menu...But i guess if you noticed it a month ago it may just be hype over nothing....grrrr damn you apple refresh the F***ing COMPUTER line for once. :( :( :(

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They added the dynamic updating thing awhile ago, but I don't see the bullets. Yet. UPDATES ON MONDAY! (but only to the online store). :p

13. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ewwww your using a PC to look at the Apple Store. How sinful

14. DC06 macrumors newbie

No, I definitely loaded that same page yesterday with the SAME program (firefox) and did NOT get those bullet points...believe me! :p

15. themacman thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry i cant pull it up how do u do a screen shot

16. ionisation macrumors newbie

hmm, except that the other powerbooks - ie 17" and 12" are still within 24hrs or 3 days if you add something. perhaps that just means that they don't have many 15".... (UK site)

17. rockandrule macrumors 6502

I'm sitting on a Mac with Jaguar on it, and using Safari and I don't see the bulleted lists. But I think the times being pushed back significantly for 15's and even just a bit for the 12's and 17's might cue something.