Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi

A new apple update is available from the software update control panel. It is for "Carbon Sound Manager Update".

By the way, how do we submit a feature like this so it can be displayed on the front page?

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
thanks for the heads up, but what programs utilize the carbon sound manager?
Oh and I think this probably shouldnt be a current event because it's not really a "news" story. perhaps the general mac discussion would be a better place for it?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
You can always submit it, but it won't necessarilly make it to the front page. If you really want to have it discussed, something like this should go to the General Mac Discussion and if Arn thinks its worthy, he'll move it to the front page. It happens once in a while.

D

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
Will it fix usb audio problems?

Will it fix usb audio problems? These problems have plagued jaguar, usb audio has pops and click, apple has been workin gon a fix, is this it?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It seems that the audio throughput is faster. I'm wondering if the audio input is cleaner. Where is tjwett? He was the one having all the problems getting clean audio into Mac OS X.

Jimong5

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by medea
thanks for the heads up, but what programs utilize the carbon sound manager?
I beleve iTunes is a Carbon app, and I Know IE is carbon too, Im guessing any carbon app with sound uses it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.