PDA

View Full Version : iBook in December - To buy or not to buy?




iAFC
Oct 6, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hello,

As many of you know, I'm planning to get an iBook in December when I visit the USA. But the MacWorld SF will happen just a month later. After reading the MR Buyer's Guide, I realized that the probably next update will happen in January 2006. If it gets updated, would it be a "Macintel" or would it only happen in June 2006 at the WWDC?

Summarizing, the question is: should I wait to travel in January and see if the iBook gets an Intel processor? I'm really confused.

Thanks!



shadowmoses
Oct 6, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hello,

As many of you know, I'm planning to get an iBook in December when I visit the USA. But the MacWorld SF will happen just a month later. After reading the MR Buyer's Guide, I realized that the probably next update will happen in January 2006. If it gets updated, would it be a "Macintel" or would it only happen in June 2006 at the WWDC?

Summarizing, the question is: should I wait to travel in January and see if the iBook gets an Intel processor? I'm really confused.

Thanks!

the next update will probably come in january or febuary but i doubt that it will be an Intel Mac, therefore it will probably the last PowerPC iBook before the transition,

The powerbooks are due to be updated soon though, it may be worth saving a bit more for one of those and get the new Rev if there is one in December....

SHadow

yoda13
Oct 6, 2005, 12:53 PM
I want to stress that I really don't know anymore for sure than you do, but I highly doubt that at that point, any revision of the iBook would be MacIntel. After the powerbooks are updated we might have a better idea of what the next revision of the iBooks might look like, then you can decide if you want to postpone your trip until late January. ;)

Josh396
Oct 6, 2005, 01:11 PM
I want to stress that I really don't know anymore for sure than you do, but I highly doubt that at that point, any revision of the iBook would be MacIntel. After the powerbooks are updated we might have a better idea of what the next revision of the iBooks might look like, then you can decide if you want to postpone your trip until late January. ;)
I agree about the intel processors as well. I don't think we'll be seeing those until June or so.

iAFC
Oct 6, 2005, 01:26 PM
Thank you guys. Maybe it's better wait 12th October until taking conclusions.

Chacala_Nayarit
Oct 6, 2005, 07:44 PM
I am currently in gringolandia to buy cheap, portable electronics. Even a refrigerator is expensive in Mexico. I am just buying what's current. Remember any iBook will be better than no iBook. I have never seen a Mac computer in Mexico, Brasil, Central America, Argentina, or Uruguay.