Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAFC

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
Western Civilization
Hello,

As many of you know, I'm planning to get an iBook in December when I visit the USA. But the MacWorld SF will happen just a month later. After reading the MR Buyer's Guide, I realized that the probably next update will happen in January 2006. If it gets updated, would it be a "Macintel" or would it only happen in June 2006 at the WWDC?

Summarizing, the question is: should I wait to travel in January and see if the iBook gets an Intel processor? I'm really confused.

Thanks!

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
iAFC said:
Hello,

As many of you know, I'm planning to get an iBook in December when I visit the USA. But the MacWorld SF will happen just a month later. After reading the MR Buyer's Guide, I realized that the probably next update will happen in January 2006. If it gets updated, would it be a "Macintel" or would it only happen in June 2006 at the WWDC?

Summarizing, the question is: should I wait to travel in January and see if the iBook gets an Intel processor? I'm really confused.

Thanks!

the next update will probably come in january or febuary but i doubt that it will be an Intel Mac, therefore it will probably the last PowerPC iBook before the transition,

The powerbooks are due to be updated soon though, it may be worth saving a bit more for one of those and get the new Rev if there is one in December....

SHadow

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I want to stress that I really don't know anymore for sure than you do, but I highly doubt that at that point, any revision of the iBook would be MacIntel. After the powerbooks are updated we might have a better idea of what the next revision of the iBooks might look like, then you can decide if you want to postpone your trip until late January. ;)

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
yoda13 said:
I want to stress that I really don't know anymore for sure than you do, but I highly doubt that at that point, any revision of the iBook would be MacIntel. After the powerbooks are updated we might have a better idea of what the next revision of the iBooks might look like, then you can decide if you want to postpone your trip until late January. ;)
I agree about the intel processors as well. I don't think we'll be seeing those until June or so.

Chacala_Nayarit

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
Lakewood, Washington
I am currently in gringolandia to buy cheap, portable electronics. Even a refrigerator is expensive in Mexico. I am just buying what's current. Remember any iBook will be better than no iBook. I have never seen a Mac computer in Mexico, Brasil, Central America, Argentina, or Uruguay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.