Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jachrist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Best buy has the ultra thin keyboard on sale this week. As I was looking at it in the store, it looked like a great idea and it felt comfortable to type on. BUT:

Every set of reviews I have seen online is that the rubber strip in the slot that holds the ipad comes off after a relatively short time of usage. The leftover residue then gets on the ipad screen.

My question is : why is it so popular then?

Do you that have them simply deal with the glue residue? Is there some permanent fix that I haven't seen online yet?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I have had zero problems with mine, and I love it
Can't imagine using my iPad without it now
It has drastically improved the usefulness of my iPad for me and my work

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Prolly little less than a year

How have you adjusted to the smaller keyboard? I just bought one on ebay for $75 for my ipad 3 and just started using it but I'm making a lot of typos. Also, is there anyway to make autocorrect work with a bluetooth keyboard?

AssassainOfJoy

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Nowhere Particular
On mine, the rubber strip started sliding up after two months. It was only mildly annoying at first, but the increasing bits of glue residue proved annoying. I eventually removed the strip, scraped out the remaining glue residue, and its worked fine since then.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
On mine, the rubber strip started sliding up after two months. It was only mildly annoying at first, but the increasing bits of glue residue proved annoying. I eventually removed the strip, scraped out the remaining glue residue, and its worked fine since then.

Have you tried making Logitech replace it? Maybe they fixed that production issue later on and you have one of the earlier ones made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.