PDA

View Full Version : Dual 2.5 G5 Won't Sleep Automatically

Moof1904
Oct 13, 2005, 01:19 PM
My G5 has suddenly stopped going to sleep after the elapsed time that I have set in the Energy Saver control panel. It used to function perfectly. There's nothing running that would interfere (that I know of), yet it suddenly has insomnia. I've reset the Energy Saver settings (using the Restore Defaults button) and then returned them to the previous settings, to no avail.

Any ideas?

eva01
Oct 13, 2005, 01:20 PM
My G5 has suddenly stopped going to sleep after the elapsed time that I have set in the Energy Saver control panel. It used to function perfectly. There's nothing running that would interfere (that I know of), yet it suddenly has insomnia. I've reset the Energy Saver settings (using the Restore Defaults button) and then returned them to the previous settings, to no avail.

Any ideas?

can you force it to go to sleep? by going to the apple and then going to sleep.

Moof1904
Oct 13, 2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, manually telling it to sleep works just fine. It simply refuses to do so automatically.

Kernow
Oct 13, 2005, 04:00 PM
Weird - my dual 2GHz G5 has started to do exactly the same thing.

I just installed wireless broadband, and have Mail checking every 5 mins, so possibly it is that. I have got into the habit of manually sleeping it instead now.

pdpfilms
Oct 13, 2005, 04:23 PM

Any ideas?

Have you installed any new hardware? (Hard drives, PCI cards, video cards, etc)

Dave00
Oct 13, 2005, 04:34 PM
My iMac G5 won't sleep either, unless told to do so. Maybe it's because it's on "opimize for performance", but there's still the setting to tell it to go to sleep after X amount of time, and it never does.

Dave

Cooknn
Oct 13, 2005, 05:01 PM
I've given up on Sleep. Either my LaCie or my HP Printer keeps waking it up and I don't feel like turning them off everytime I am done working on my Mac. I just turn off the monitor now...