PDA

View Full Version : My 21" Apple Studio Display just died!!!!

Mr. Anderson
Dec 9, 2002, 09:21 PM
Ok, so it was a nice big monitor, so what if it cost a ton and weighs just as much. I need to get a new one fast. The only thing is I don't want to spend a ton since I'll be getting a new machine with dual ADC monitors later next year. The 21" that died is on a 450 MHz G4 that will be used a lot until I buy a new machine and then, who knows, maybe a mp3 server. So I'll need a halfway decent screen - should I get another CRT or go flatscreen?

And then what to do with the 75 pound dead weight.....

D :(

MacAztec
Dec 9, 2002, 09:33 PM
I will pay shippin if you want to send it to me. I dont want to make it work, i would just hang it up or something.

Oh, save your $ and get a CRT, then get phatty monitors next year/

Mr. Anderson
Dec 9, 2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
I will pay shippin if you want to send it to me. I dont want to make it work, i would just hang it up or something.

Oh, save your $ and get a CRT, then get phatty monitors next year/

Yeah, I'm thinking of selling the case on ebay, might make a few bucks. If not, I'll look you up. I'm thinking a 19" CRT will be fine - now, which one?

D

Wano
Dec 9, 2002, 09:46 PM
get a viewsonic...they are pretty cheap...check this one out http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11182390&m=488&cat=497&scat=500

MacAztec
Dec 9, 2002, 10:06 PM
Cool, well I would be interested in it...

But I have a ViewSonic A70f (Flat Screen) monitor. It has awesome colors, but its a little small. If I were you, I would pick up the A90f for around 220 dollars, its a 19inch. My brother has it, and it is friggin nice.

benixau
Dec 9, 2002, 10:10 PM
OR, get a sony monitor and keep it as a dedicated something machine. maybe use it a second computer. i have seen people convert cubes into pcs. not with wires haning out either. just requires modding. otherwise, get a cheap, real cheap 15" and wait til next year when you get ur bigger better machine. oh and stay CRT to cave money.