PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shipping Thread

iHateWindows
Oct 14, 2005, 05:45 PM
Post here the status of the shipping of your new iPod (if you bought one). Include the size, color, date ordered, and location.

I bought the 60 GB White bought on 10/13 and will be shipped to San Diego. The estimated date it will be delivered is 10/20. I'm so excited for this.

Dr Riot
Oct 14, 2005, 05:50 PM
sorry if this is a really stupid question but where did you find the estimated delivery date?

I bought the 30GB iPod (Chose white after much debate) on 10/12 and will be shipped to Daytona Beach, FL.

pdpfilms
Oct 14, 2005, 06:11 PM
Ordered the white 60GB with engraving, est. shipping is on or before 10/24 to Tacoma, WA.

MacDawg
Oct 14, 2005, 06:13 PM
Careful, I've heard that this is one of those internet scams where the poster goes around to all of the cities on the delivery date and steals the iPods when they are left on the doorstep!

Woof, Woof - Dawg http://homepage.mac.com/k.j.vinson/pawprint.gif

Jovian9
Oct 14, 2005, 06:18 PM
I ordered mine on 10/14. Estimated ship was 5 - 7 business days. It is supposed to ship on the 24th.
60GB White iPod

johnbro23
Oct 14, 2005, 06:23 PM
30 GB Black iPod with engraving.

Ordered yesterday (10/14)

Est. Ship: On or before 10/24

mkrishnan
Oct 14, 2005, 06:35 PM
Careful, I've heard that this is one of those internet scams where the poster goes around to all of the cities on the delivery date and steals the iPods when they are left on the doorstep!

To be on the safe side, everyone should post the credit card number they used to purchase also, just so we can understand if there are any bank-by-bank idiosyncracies. :D

MacDawg
Oct 14, 2005, 06:37 PM
To be on the safe side, everyone should post the credit card number they used to purchase also, just so we can understand if there are any bank-by-bank idiosyncracies. :D

Excellent idea, in fact, to make sure it is secure, just email the information to me at imascammer@nigeria.com

mkrishnan
Oct 14, 2005, 06:40 PM
Excellent idea, in fact, to make sure it is secure, just email the information to me at imascammer@nigeria.com

Ahhhh, so *you're* the deposed finance minister of Nigeria! :D

killuminati
Oct 14, 2005, 06:51 PM
I ordered a white 30 GB a couple hours after it was released. It is being shipped to Vancouver, and it says it will be shipped on or before October 24.

My friend ordered it a couple hours before me and his says it will ship by the 20th. :( Shouldn't have waited so long.

iDM
Oct 14, 2005, 06:55 PM
I ordered a black 30 gig the day it came out, but later cancelled it so that i could get it engraved, i am still waiting for the money to return to my account so that i can reorder it.....i've already lost days of shipping and usage, i'm kinda pissed at myself!!! :eek:

siechert
Oct 16, 2005, 11:32 AM
I ordered my 30-GB, engraved, white ipod, and it shows an estimated ship date of Oct 21...WAH :( , I need it before my trip to NY Friday...i ordered it a few minutes after the Apple Store came back online..

the_freddinator
Oct 16, 2005, 12:00 PM
sorry if this is a really stupid question but where did you find the estimated delivery date?

I bought the 30GB iPod (Chose white after much debate) on 10/12 and will be shipped to Daytona Beach, FL.

Tracking code.

jholzner
Oct 16, 2005, 07:00 PM
I ordered a black 30 gig the day it came out, but later cancelled it so that i could get it engraved, i am still waiting for the money to return to my account so that i can reorder it.....i've already lost days of shipping and usage, i'm kinda pissed at myself!!! :eek:

Did you order it from Apple? I've never had them take the money out of my account until it shipped! I'm suprised that they took your money while your ship time was still over a week away.

Lurk
Oct 16, 2005, 08:28 PM
Well, I'm posting here to show how proud I am for finally taking the time to order; although I am a bit pissed at waiting for the weekend. :(

30GB White iPod
Garden Grove, California
On or before 10/26/2005

Tommyg117
Oct 16, 2005, 08:39 PM
Ordered a few hours after the announcement. 60 gig black ipod. Estimated ship date 10/21 however the status went from just saying estimated shipping date to now saying "preparing to ship". Maybe sooner than the estimated day?

runninmac
Oct 16, 2005, 08:56 PM
I ordered my 30-GB, engraved, white ipod, and it shows an estimated ship date of Oct 21...WAH :( , I need it before my trip to NY Friday...i ordered it a few minutes after the Apple Store came back online..

If you have a applestore near you and if they get it before you, you could buy it from them and then just return the yours when you get back. Thats what I did with my nano. (you may want to check to make sure its alright)

chucknorris
Oct 16, 2005, 09:00 PM

Wait a second here....Apple doesn't charge anything until an item ships. Therefore no money should have been taken out of your account, save perhaps a pre-authorization (which isn't money at all).

You may want to check with Apple and your bank on this.

chucknorris
Oct 16, 2005, 09:00 PM
Did you order it from Apple? I've never had them take the money out of my account until it shipped! I'm suprised that they took your money while your ship time was still over a week away.

Whoops! You beat me to it...sorry.

iDM
Oct 16, 2005, 09:08 PM
Wait a second here....Apple doesn't charge anything until an item ships. Therefore no money should have been taken out of your account, save perhaps a pre-authorization (which isn't money at all).

You may want to check with Apple and your bank on this.

It is 10/16 so 4 days after i ordered and the money has yet to show up in my account. I hear what people are saying about how the money should not leave my account but i promise you that as soon as i received my order i checked my account and the money was not there. I spoke with an Apple rep and they said that upon ordering the money is taken out as a pre-auth withdraw or whatever and that after canceling they send some sort of notification to my bank which tells them that the order was cancelled and that the money should go back in. This is kinda lame and after hearing from you guys that 1) the money should not have left my account until it shipped and 2)it should have returned instantly I'm a little more then frustrated i fear now i'm gonna have to wait an extra whole week before i receive it!! I will call my bank first thing tomorrow and inquire about what the deal is! If i can't spend that money on something else it better be going towards that new iPod meaning i should have an order in already!!!

ipacmm
Oct 17, 2005, 07:08 AM
I ordered mine on the 10/12 and right now it is in "Preparing Shipment" and shows that it will ship "On or before 10/21/2005"

snowmoon
Oct 17, 2005, 09:12 AM
It is 10/16 so 4 days after i ordered and the money has yet to show up in my account.

Never never never use a checking account credit card for these type of transactions. You end up with exactly these types of problems because of the "pre-auth" transactions. Call your bank and have then clear the money back into your account, there is probably nothing that Apple can do at this point. You may also find that Apple canceled the transaction, but that signal never made it back to your back so the bank is doing what it's good at, holding your money hostage for some unknown period of time.

PharmD
Oct 17, 2005, 09:38 AM
Ordered a black 30GB on 10/14, no engraving. Still says processing order and shipping on or before 10/25 to Baltimore, MD. I may check out the local apple store if they come in earlier.

Question: Can you return purchases from apple.com to a brick and mortar apple store?

Enterprise8875
Oct 17, 2005, 10:10 AM
My iPod shipped today!

I ordered it the 12th less then 5 min after the store went back up.

It should be here in 5 days or less. I CANT WAIT!

pammyspyce
Oct 17, 2005, 10:20 AM
I ordered a white 60 GB about 10 minutes after the store came back online and I got an email early this morning saying it had shipped. Yay!

clayj
Oct 17, 2005, 10:40 AM
Mine shipped today from Shanghai... ETA 10/20 (Thursday) by 10:30 AM EDT.

Dr Riot
Oct 17, 2005, 11:39 AM

Same here! :cool:

dotnina
Oct 17, 2005, 11:42 AM
My iPod shipped today too. I ordered about 4 hours after the announcement. Estimated delivery is the 20th (Fedex ground shipping).

snowmoon
Oct 17, 2005, 11:43 AM
Please post color ( are black and white colors? ) and personalization status when letting us know you got shipping info!

Tommyg117
Oct 17, 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm jealous, I ordered about 4 hours after the announcement and got one day shipping and mine hasn't been shipped out yet :(

buttercup
Oct 17, 2005, 12:02 PM
Darn I am jealous! I ordered at 11:30AM PDT on the 12th and my isn't shipping yet... I ordered a 60G Black one, no engraving and shipping is to Canada.

:)

noelister
Oct 17, 2005, 02:02 PM
Mine shipped out today as well. Estimated delivery -
Oct 20, 2005 12:00 PM

patseguin
Oct 17, 2005, 02:21 PM

Same here! I don't show an ETA but I paid for overnight so anyone think I'll have it tomorrow?

This will be my 1st black iPod, I am fairly excited!!

patseguin
Oct 17, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm jealous, I ordered about 4 hours after the announcement and got one day shipping and mine hasn't been shipped out yet :(

Did you get engraving? I think that delays it.

Betateam
Oct 17, 2005, 02:31 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon about 5 or 6pm on 10-12. It was within 15 mins of them having on their site. They estimate shipping November 14, 2005 - November 28, 2005 I can't imagine it taking that long.

Oh I got a black 60gb.

johnbro23
Oct 17, 2005, 02:32 PM
I'm glad to see people are getting their iPods shipped already.

I cancelled an online order because I figured they'd be in stores quicker than Apple could deliver it to me. Instead of getting it in 2 weeks (est. ship 10/24, plus 5 days), I get my iPod when the first store gets them in... MacOutfitters and 2 Apple Stores in the vicinity...

killuminati
Oct 17, 2005, 02:40 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon about 5 or 6pm on 10-12. It was within 15 mins of them having on their site. They estimate shipping November 14, 2005 - November 28, 2005 I can't imagine it taking that long.

Oh I got a black 60gb.

Why did you order it from Amazon instead of directly from Apple? Did you get some kind of a discount or something?

ipacmm
Oct 17, 2005, 02:42 PM

Same with me...

spaceballl
Oct 17, 2005, 04:21 PM
I ordered one the day they came out, but then i canceled it because I wanted black instead of white. Damn you lucky people who already have a shipped iPod! Mine is going to ship on or before 10/25.

P.S. Thanks to morons on eBay who bought my 20gb used black and white 4G iPod for $170 with no accessories or cables or headphones (specified in auction). After a student discount, this is turning out to be a $100 upgrade!

Kevin

clayj
Oct 17, 2005, 04:34 PM
Mine is now in Anchorage, AK!

Dr Riot
Oct 17, 2005, 04:36 PM
I sold my Gen4 20GB iPod for $240 today, could have sold it for $270, but I didn't want to rip the guy off.. its only 3 weeks old btw.

And I'm getting my Gen5 iPod for $286 after tax, student discount, and free shipping.. :)

Daveway
Oct 17, 2005, 04:41 PM
I sold my Gen4 20GB iPod for $240 today, could have sold it for $270, but I didn't want to rip the guy off.. its only 3 weeks old btw.

And I'm getting my Gen5 iPod for $286 after tax, student discount, and free shipping.. :)

Same thing done here.

Tommyg117
Oct 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
i paid for the overnight shipping, I wonder if it will be here tommorow....

davefan6435
Oct 17, 2005, 05:02 PM
i ordered my 30gig black one at 11:46PST and its still processing :( i really don't care but i'm just hoping to get it before sunday because i really don't want to have to wait till monday for it.

crazyjoeda
Oct 17, 2005, 05:31 PM
I ordered a 30gig new iPod through a local Apple retailer, I think it will be faster then the Apple site. They told me last thursday that it would be here between the 21th (earliest) and the 27th (latest).

Oh its coming to Vancouver, Canada.

buttercup
Oct 17, 2005, 07:21 PM
Mine *just* changed to Preparing Shipment....

buttercup
Oct 17, 2005, 07:31 PM
Mine *just* changed to Preparing Shipment....

wtf it just went back to Processing. Grr.....

killuminati
Oct 17, 2005, 07:46 PM
I ordered a 30gig new iPod through a local Apple retailer, I think it will be faster then the Apple site. They told me last thursday that it would be here between the 21th (earliest) and the 27th (latest).

Who did you buy it from? I called Simply but they said it would probably be 3 weeks before they got any.

And I was able to sell my 1st Gen Mini for $200. So it was a $232.06 upgrade for a bigger, colour screen, the ability to play videos, and a 7 times increase in storage. I think it was well worth it.

But I'm a bit disappointed right now because I just saw my friends black nano, and it's beautiful. I hadn't seen a black iPod before, so I decided to just play it safe and go for white, but if given another chance I would definitely go for black. And no, I'm not canceling my order. It's too close to shipping.

buttercup
Oct 17, 2005, 07:51 PM

Thats funny cause called macstation and they said that they couldn't garauntee anything, and that it had taken them 2 weeks to get the nano... so I also ordered it online.

Ohh and it went back to Preparing Shipment. They are fully teasing me.

Betateam
Oct 17, 2005, 08:11 PM
Why did you order it from Amazon instead of directly from Apple? Did you get some kind of a discount or something?

Well I didn't think about the Apple store when my wife asked what I wanted for my b-day. (It was 3 weeks ago) But I said I wanted an ipod. So she got me a gift certificate for Amazon because they have everything.

They do have a small discount though. I did get $6.44 off. If you use thier search engine, www.A9.com, you get 1/2 Pi % (3.1459...) off of every item. It ain't much, but better than a kick in the pants.

iDM
Oct 17, 2005, 08:48 PM
I ordered without engraving, then cancelled and ordered with engraving so i had to wait for the funds to re-enter my account which is a whole different story. After sitting on the phone with Apple and my Bank and jumping through all of those hoops I re-ordered a Black 30-gig 5th Gen with engraving. Free 5 day shipping and it says it will ship "On or before 10/26/2005"

Which technically means it could ship tomorrow, but i'm kinda doubting it ;)

Edit: I ordered today at about 3 or 4pm EST

iDM
Oct 17, 2005, 09:02 PM
Never never never use a checking account credit card for these type of transactions. You end up with exactly these types of problems because of the "pre-auth" transactions. Call your bank and have then clear the money back into your account, there is probably nothing that Apple can do at this point. You may also find that Apple canceled the transaction, but that signal never made it back to your back so the bank is doing what it's good at, holding your money hostage for some unknown period of time.

Its kinda erie that is pretty much exactly what happened. The only difference is I called Apple on Thursday and they transfered me to the payment department so i could ask the question of whether or not this cancelled payment transaction will go through. The person i spoke with said that they will put in the cancel and that they will put in the "Pre-Auth" withdraw back into my checking account, and it could show up within an hour or max of two days.

So i called Apple today and they said i wasn't speaking to someone in the payment department and therefore even though i cancelled my order my pre-auth withdraw did not get cancelled or sent to my bank. When i asked why it hadn't been done immediately like when the person on the phone told me it would be she said that i was not speaking to someone in the right department when i had called the first time. I then asked well what would have happened if i didn't call today, how long before my cancelled order would have yielded the funds back into my checking account, she said that after the order was cancelled the paperwork is filed and the pre-auth withdraw is reentered into my account when the payment department "Gets around to doing it" Do i have a right to call apple on this, i mean not only were they wrong since i was speaking to someone from the payment department but they let my pre-auth form just sit there after they told me it was going to be put into my bank within an hour. It wasn't even my banks fault(for once). Do i have any grounds to ask for some kind of concession from Apple? I'm usually not one that tries to weasel my way into things, but i was 1)lied to and 2)had to wait an extra 6 days to get my iPod order even in, let alone factoring approx how much time i lost by going to the end of the order line!!!

Wednesday
Oct 18, 2005, 08:21 AM

Oh I got a black 60gb.

I ordered my 30gb (black) from Amazon too on the 13th. Estimated delivery is 26th October-4th November.

The reason I used Amazon again is that I got my first iPod from them (a 40gb 4th gen) and when the hard drive died after 9 months they were really cool about giving me a full refund very quickly. Much faster than cashing in an Applecare contract and getting a 3rd rate refurb for my trouble. Their customer care is good.

Funnily enough I ordered the universal dock from Apple directly, but that was because Amazon didn't have them for sale last week.

silverpilot03
Oct 18, 2005, 08:28 AM
30gb black w/ custom engraving ordered Oct 12, couple of hours after the store came back online, shipped from Shanghai Oct 18 regular FedEx freight (hey it's free), should have it here "within five days of shipment", so it's either Friday (new toy over the weekend) or Monday (new toy to have to rush to from work) :o

Dr Riot
Oct 18, 2005, 08:36 AM
Mine is 'On Vehicle For Delivery'!! I'm getting it today! I'm excited! :cool:

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 08:48 AM
OUT FOR DELIVERY! Should have it here within the next 45 minutes! :cool:

Jovian9
Oct 18, 2005, 08:51 AM
I ordered mine on 10/14. Estimated ship was 5 - 7 business days. It is supposed to ship on the 24th.
60GB White iPod

Shipped today from Shanghai.

snowmoon
Oct 18, 2005, 08:55 AM
You all suck ;-)

mxpiazza
Oct 18, 2005, 09:23 AM
left china yesterday... just got it now, baby! 30GB, black!

i'll post pics in a little bit!

PharmD
Oct 18, 2005, 10:22 AM
left china yesterday... just got it now, baby! 30GB, black!

i'll post pics in a little bit!
Grats!!

whalesalad
Oct 18, 2005, 10:40 AM
:(

I ordered mine the day it came out along with a friend of mine. We ordered the same thing within a few hours of one another. His is on the truck today for delivery, mine has not even completet "Processing".

Since I sold my older ipod in order to afford this I have been without one for like 2 weeks. I am really starting to get anxious!!! No ipod means freakin out! I dont know why my friend is getting his today and mine hasn't even shipped. I ordered mine maybe an hour or two after him.

I did get the student discount, do you think Apple has to verify that or something? Even if so, it wouldnt take this long would it?!!?

10/12/2005
06:33 PM PDT

That is when I ordered mine, still not even done processing.... Anyone else suffering from this?

tobefirst
Oct 18, 2005, 10:45 AM
My personalized 30GB white iPod hasn't even finished "Processing order" yet! I ordered at 1:23pm PDT the day of the announcement. I guess I'll just have to be extra patient. Maybe it will change status today....I hope! (:

whalesalad
Oct 18, 2005, 10:53 AM
tobefirst that sux a lot, im in the same boat. im on the phone with apple right now, i hope my grandmas credit card isnt the problem :{

tobefirst
Oct 18, 2005, 10:55 AM
tobefirst that sux a lot, im in the same boat. im on the phone with apple right now, i hope my grandmas credit card isnt the problem :{

Lemme know what they say. I thought about calling, but decided that, since it's always said, "Will ship on or before 10/21/05" I don't have anything to complain about until 10/22. (: Still, I've been waiting for the 5G for months and months, and I want it now!!!!! Hahaha!

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 11:07 AM
Got it! (FedEx finally did their job.)

Pictures to follow...

whalesalad
Oct 18, 2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah I hesitated because I didn't want to seem like an abnoxious consumer, but I have also been waiting a while and really want my iPod!!!

After calling, the dude on the phone was suprised that my friend got his black ipod 30gb already. He said orders ship in the order which they are recieved so mine should ship soon. In shanghai right now its like 12:30 in the morning so it will probably be later this evening that mine ships, unless they work in all hours of the morning...??

On the phone I learned there was nothing wrong with my order, so now its just a matter of being really patient and waiting, a very difficult task.

Funny though... my friends last name is Zhao (chinese) so maybe the people over in Shanghai gave him priority. Lol just something to think about.

Ill post updates on the status of my iPod, but that shouldn't change until later this evening. Lates.

Nutz
Oct 18, 2005, 12:10 PM
Sup all,

New here, great forum.....

I placed my order with Amazon (I like there customer service) Black ipod 60GB on the 13th, still not shipped.

Did anyone get there’s from Amazon yet?

jcrewleif
Oct 18, 2005, 12:21 PM
I got mine you can see my photos of it here
my 5g ipod video (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=386814&st=0)

steve_hill4
Oct 18, 2005, 12:33 PM
Any updates yet on when they will be hitting the shops in Europe?

iDM
Oct 18, 2005, 02:03 PM
I'm so excited for all of the people who got iPods. :mad: :mad: :mad:

StormFreak
Oct 18, 2005, 02:33 PM
My first post on this forum...Give me some slack :)

Although this is my 3rd iPod, this is my first order from apple store. I ordered the white 30gb personalized on 10/14. Yesterday afternoon I went to Processing Shipment and noticed that my account had been credited back the original authorization charge. This afternoon, my account has been debited again. Is this because I am shipped now or is it just standard protocal? I know that I will get a confirmation email from Apple, but I have heard that they are sometimes behind in updating the status page.

ipacmm
Oct 18, 2005, 02:41 PM
I'm so excited for all of the people who got iPods. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel the same way...but mine will be here on thursday...only 2 more days.

pseybold
Oct 18, 2005, 03:01 PM
ok so first post in the forums....but just got confirfation that my 60gig BLACK iPod shipped today. i ordered mine on 10/14/2005 @ 11:39 AM. this is my 8th iPod, im a nut when it comes to apple products. got to have the newest and best no matter what the cost....been using handbrake to slowly rip my DVDs and TV show DVDs in prep for my iPod Homecoming!!!

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 03:04 PM
ok so first post in the forums....but just got confirfation that my 60gig BLACK iPod shipped today. i ordered mine on 10/14/2005 @ 11:39 AM. this is my 8th iPod, im a nut when it comes to apple products. got to have the newest and best no matter what the cost....been using handbrake to slowly rip my DVDs and TV show DVDs in prep for my iPod Homecoming!!!You might want to hang off on any more rips until you know for sure that what you've ripped will actually work on your iPod... I've gotten an early indication that the two movies I've ripped aren't going to work. And I used the instructions that Motulist linked to...

iDM
Oct 18, 2005, 03:09 PM
You might want to hang off on any more rips until you know for sure that what you've ripped will actually work on your iPod... I've gotten an early indication that the two movies I've ripped aren't going to work. And I used the instructions that Motulist linked to...

Oh geez let the pissed off new ipod owners threads begin....i don't mean this to be a jerk since i personally plan/hope to put on stuff that isn't sold in the iTMS

Enterprise8875
Oct 18, 2005, 04:08 PM
I got mine today! Watching Dane Cook on it right now. The screen quality is amazing! Best purchase I ever made!

silverpilot03
Oct 18, 2005, 04:08 PM
30gb black w/ custom engraving ordered Oct 12, couple of hours after the store came back online, shipped from Shanghai Oct 18 regular FedEx freight (hey it's free), should have it here "within five days of shipment", so it's either Friday (new toy over the weekend) or Monday (new toy to have to rush to from work) :o

Now "freezin'" in Anchorage.

brendel95
Oct 18, 2005, 05:12 PM
I got black 30GB from apple store Glendale today morning. It looks gorgeous.
Glendale store had 30GB (Black and white) and 60GB (white only) and they seems had alot in the morning.

silverpilot03
Oct 18, 2005, 05:57 PM
Now "freezin'" in Anchorage.

Left Alaska, getting warmer ... :)

jeraiya
Oct 18, 2005, 07:59 PM
what's the battery life like??

silverpilot03
Oct 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
what's the battery life like??

Shipping thread :D

whalesalad
Oct 19, 2005, 01:17 AM
Mine still hasn't shipped... :(

killuminati
Oct 19, 2005, 01:27 AM
Mine still hasn't shipped... :(

Don't worry, your not alone :(.

I can't believe that waiting just a few short hours made such a difference in when I would actually get it.

silverpilot03
Oct 19, 2005, 01:42 AM
Now in Indianapolis, IN: International Shipment Release, just across the state border!

StormFreak
Oct 19, 2005, 02:08 AM
Woo Hoo... Just got my shipping confirmation. How long have these been taking with standard shipping? I live under 2 hours east of Chicago. I can't wait to get this thing!

0s and 1s
Oct 19, 2005, 02:15 AM
I got black 30GB from apple store Glendale today morning. It looks gorgeous.
Glendale store had 30GB (Black and white) and 60GB (white only) and they seems had alot in the morning.

Did you buy a dock? They were sold out of 'em by the time I got there (7pm)!

Pring
Oct 19, 2005, 03:31 AM
Anyone in the UK had their ship yet? I ordered two hours after the store went back up and it's set to ship on the 21st but still at Processing Order. I'm a bit worried that me adding the Sennheiser headphones to the order is delaying it a bit...

bollard
Oct 19, 2005, 04:02 AM
I'm here in the UK and I ordered my black 60gb a couple of hours after they were released. In my Apple store account it says that it has shipped and I've also received the shipping e-mail. They are using a firm called Kuehne and Nagel and I have a tracking number but can't find a website to use it on. Can anyone help as I'd like (obviously) someone to be there when it is delivered.
Cheers

drlunanerd
Oct 19, 2005, 04:54 AM
I'm here in the UK and I ordered my black 60gb a couple of hours after they were released. In my Apple store account it says that it has shipped and I've also received the shipping e-mail. They are using a firm called Kuehne and Nagel and I have a tracking number but can't find a website to use it on. Can anyone help as I'd like (obviously) someone to be there when it is delivered.
Cheers

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

patseguin
Oct 19, 2005, 06:20 AM
Mine is on FedEx vehicle for delivery today!!

silverpilot03
Oct 19, 2005, 07:38 AM
Now in Indianapolis, IN: International Shipment Release, just across the state border!

Now in Cary, IL just 10 miles from our town! I guess it's gonna be delivered sooner than the projected date 10/21, hope somebody's home when the FedEx person knocks on the door!

whalesalad
Oct 19, 2005, 08:52 AM
Well glad to hear someone went to the Apple store and they were sold out, mine is still processing and I was considering cancelling it and going down to the store.

A friend of mine recieved his yesterday, its one sexy iPod. It does feel like it laggs a bit though.. not as streamlined as the older BW ipods. My other friend ordered his at around 11:30 the day they came out, his is in LA right now, I am positive he will get it today.

I don't know the status of mine anymore since Apple's store is being redesigned or something. I can't login to check my order status. Hopefully mine has shipped and I just haven't been notified yet...

Im hangin in, but its hard to live without an iPod for so long after owning one for a year!

snowmoon
Oct 19, 2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know the status of mine anymore since Apple's store is being redesigned or something. I can't login to check my order status. Hopefully mine has shipped and I just haven't been notified yet...

There is a media event today and possible new products... so I would expect the store will be down/flakey until 1:30 EST.

silverpilot03
Oct 19, 2005, 10:23 AM
Now in Cary, IL just 10 miles from our town! I guess it's gonna be delivered sooner than the projected date 10/21, hope somebody's home when the FedEx person knocks on the door!

30GB BLACK 5THG
Ordered Oct. 12 2:30 PM CHICAGO TIME
Delivered Oct. 19 9:57 AM CHICAGO TIME :D

dbeltr1
Oct 19, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ordered the 30GB Black No engraving on 10/12/05 at 3:40 CDT 2 day shipping

Still waiting....

snowmoon
Oct 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
Let me re-itterate.... You all suck! ;-)

Ordered Oct 12th ~7pm EDT/10pm PDT 60Gb White with engraving.

brendel95
Oct 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
Did you buy a dock? They were sold out of 'em by the time I got there (7pm)!

I couldn't find it in the morning (10:30am)

ipacmm
Oct 19, 2005, 10:56 AM
I got mine today...1 day ahead of time.

Tequila Grandma
Oct 19, 2005, 12:28 PM
To everyone who has theirs:

Quick! Post pictures!

cheekyspanky
Oct 19, 2005, 01:03 PM
Just managed to get the order tracking working,

My White 60GB iPod (ordered 12th Oct - 8.13pm GMT (3.13pm New York time i think..)) is currently:

"9 Oct 2005 22:35 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot "

My dispatched email confirmation says delivery may take 7 - 8 business days so it could be quite a wait still :(

Mike Teezie
Oct 19, 2005, 02:08 PM
I ordered from MacMall on Monday. Mine is supposed to ship on the 24th, which means I'll get it on the 26th with UPS 2nd day shipping.

clayj, you got any pics up yet?

edit: wanted to add that I ordered a 30g Black iPod.

crazyjoeda
Oct 19, 2005, 02:17 PM
Who did you buy it from? I called Simply but they said it would probably be 3 weeks before they got any.

And I was able to sell my 1st Gen Mini for $200. So it was a $232.06 upgrade for a bigger, colour screen, the ability to play videos, and a 7 times increase in storage. I think it was well worth it.

But I'm a bit disappointed right now because I just saw my friends black nano, and it's beautiful. I hadn't seen a black iPod before, so I decided to just play it safe and go for white, but if given another chance I would definitely go for black. And no, I'm not canceling my order. It's too close to shipping.

Discount Mac in Richmond told me with in 2 weeks of thursday October 13.

I saw the black nano too, it looks really nice but shows scratches easily. I went with the white one aswell.

Ferrence
Oct 19, 2005, 02:18 PM
I ordered my 60GB Black 5g iPod yesterday from the Apple Store online, and it still says "Processing Order." Not a big surprise.

I realize that I probably shouldn't have ordered it through the Apple Store because they are gonna be swamped. But I got a student discount, and all the Apple Stores in Minneapolis aren't even getting them until Oct 25th!!! So, I was hoping to get it before then. Even with "2-3 shipping," I probably won't get until the 25th... if I'm lucky.

The weird thing tho, is that my credit card has already been charged. And it wasn't a bank card. I thought Apple didn't charge until unit has shipped?

Buzbe
Oct 19, 2005, 03:22 PM
I ordered on sunday (16th) and it moved to 'preparing shipping' the next day.... but it stayed on that for 3 days now...
The lovely apple people on the phone have given me a tracking number, but of course it doesnt work yet!!

tvguru
Oct 19, 2005, 03:25 PM
I ordered on sunday (16th) and it moved to 'preparing shipping' the next day.... but it stayed on that for 3 days now...
The lovely apple people on the phone have given me a tracking number, but of course it doesnt work yet!!

No reason to be sad. I ordered mine right away on the 12th. Still says the same.

Buzbe
Oct 19, 2005, 03:28 PM
No reason to be sad. I ordered mine right away on the 12th. Still says the same.

I dont understand.... is it just a way to take our money but not ship anything? (although i havent checked if they've indeed taken my money) Apparently its waiting to ship in the warehouse....

whats going on??

tvguru
Oct 19, 2005, 03:34 PM
I dont understand.... is it just a way to take our money but not ship anything? (although i havent checked if they've indeed taken my money) Apparently its waiting to ship in the warehouse....

whats going on??

Not sure. I'm going to blame it on my citizenship as I'm Canadian and there appears to be people that have already received. Although mine said from the get go that it was going to ship on or before the 21st so I knew up front when the latest I may get it.

killuminati
Oct 19, 2005, 03:44 PM
All yours says preparing shipment, but mine still says processing. Even people who ordered days after the announcement already have preparing shipment. This waiting is killing me.

AnktAggrwl
Oct 19, 2005, 03:52 PM
I ordered an engraved 30GB white iPod on Oct. 12th 10:36 pm PDT that ships on or before 10/21/05 and then ordered another 30GB engraved white iPod on Oct. 13 at 1:11 pm PDT that ships on or before 10/24/05 and they both just went to Preparing Shipment status late last night... I got one for my girlfriend for her bday on the 25th... i really hope I get hers before her bday! I've been checking the order status page literally every 15 minutes.... cant' wait!

pdpfilms
Oct 19, 2005, 04:00 PM
All yours says preparing shipment, but mine still says processing. Even people who ordered days after the announcement already have preparing shipment. This waiting is killing me.

Yeah, mine changed last night from Processing to Preparing shipment. I'm sorry for you, killuminati.

whalesalad
Oct 19, 2005, 04:36 PM
I'm in the same boat as killuminati. I ordered my 30gb black non engraved on the 12th at 6:30pm pst. Still processing. If it doesn't ship by tomorrow I am going to implode. A friend of mine already has his and he ordered maybe 2 hours before me. ARGG!!

snowmoon
Oct 19, 2005, 05:59 PM
60gb White Engraved... ordered 3:45 PST OCT 12th ( Educational pricing )

.. shipped today with no eta for delivery.

powerbook911
Oct 19, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'll be interested in knowing, when non-Apple retailers will get these pods. :) Think they might have them by the end of the week? I ordered from Amazon.

puckhead193
Oct 19, 2005, 08:10 PM
i was at south shore plaza and they had the white one ( i don't know which size) they only had about 2 dozen or so, but there starting to get them in...

pdpfilms
Oct 19, 2005, 08:45 PM
60gb White Engraved... ordered 3:45 PST ( Educational pricing )

.. shipped today with no eta for delivery.

3:45 today??

snowmoon
Oct 19, 2005, 09:22 PM
3:45 today?? The 12th

Lurk
Oct 19, 2005, 09:49 PM
Mine shipped out on Oct. 17, 2005 and est arrival time is Oct. 20, 2005 at 10:30 A.M. PDT. I chose the cheap shipping and it's coming that soon? Nobody gets home until 2:10 P.M. PDT, what will happen? Will they just leave the box by the door or put a door tag like my free iPod from *********.com when nobody was home?

So to simplify that, what happens if nobody's home when it arrives? I didn't pay for the shipping, I chose free standard shipping.
30GB White iPod, not engraved
FedEx

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 12:11 AM
@Lurk: I dont know if this happens for all people, but my friend Phil recieved his ipod today and they just left it at his doorstep. Kinda weird but as long as you dont have naughty neighbors you should be ok.

My ipod FINALLY reached the perparing shipment stage around 6:00pm today. Its like 1pm in China right now so there's still lots of time to get that shipped. Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up I will get a tracking number in my inbox! Can anyone tell me how long it took to go from preparing shipment to shipped?

killuminati
Oct 20, 2005, 12:15 AM
Whalesalad, when did you place your order and where is it shipping to?

StormFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 01:05 AM
::Still waiting for my 5G... Should be here tommorow... Friday at the latest:: In other news, I was delighted to see that the Best Buy that I work in, actually had 24 of the white 30GB models in stock today. When I checked stock levels, we were the only store that had got them in... Lets hear it for Mishawaka, IN... Just next door to Notre Dame...

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 01:53 AM
Placed the order the 12th at 6:30pm. Went to preparing shipment at around 5:30 today, the 19th. Check out the following image...

http://static.flickr.com/30/54164171_fe805a2b9c_o.png

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 01:53 AM
BAH, NOTRE DAME SUCKS!!! GO USC!!! Lol i would have selected uscfan as my username but it was already taken. :|

pdpfilms
Oct 20, 2005, 02:19 AM
My iPod shipped. Yeehaw! Should be here in 2 days.

Again, I'm sorry killuminati.

killuminati
Oct 20, 2005, 02:25 AM
Again, I'm sorry killuminati.

Yea, :(. Congratulations on yours shipping though.

If it's not at preparing shipment tomorrow I'll call them and see whats up. I don't understand how just a few measly hours can make such a difference.

Burnout
Oct 20, 2005, 03:40 AM
Black 30gb engraved

Ordered a couple of days ago, Shipped as of 19/10/05. 7-9 days for delivery.

When I go to check my order I get:

'Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.'

I've had this for nearly 24 hours now :confused: .

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 04:18 AM
Black 30gb engraved

When I go to check my order I get:

'Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.'

I've had this for nearly 24 hours now :confused: .

I've been getting the same, but your order number is in your shipping email, copy that and go to http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ and it should tell you whats happening. :)

Burnout
Oct 20, 2005, 04:22 AM
Heh.. Error: Delivery Note "8026777***" is unknown! (0104)

Edit: Yeah same for the TNT site, it says the number, destination unknown and nothing else. I'll keep checking it though, Cheers!

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 04:37 AM
Heh.. Error: Delivery Note "8026777***" is unknown! (0104)

The number will be clickable..click and it takes you to the TNT page, which does work!

At least it does for me :)

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 04:59 AM
I just spoke to apple (I'm getting the 'order status down' message) and she told me it had shipped.....
from the far east?! (but on the apple site they say they only ship from the UK!)
Any my tracking number wont work until it reaches europe...(which is why we're getting these TNT problems)

Any Ideas on how long far east -> europe takes??

Betateam
Oct 20, 2005, 05:21 AM
Amazon still doesn't even have them yet

pseybold
Oct 20, 2005, 08:23 AM
as of this 8:24am this morning (Thurs 20th) mine is now on the FedEx vehicle on the way to my house!!! ordered mine on 10/14/2005 @ 11:39 AM PDT. its the 60 gig BLACK. im so excited for this frekin thing...its like Christmas all over again today!

Pete

Lurk
Oct 20, 2005, 08:36 AM
@Lurk: I dont know if this happens for all people, but my friend Phil recieved his ipod today and they just left it at his doorstep. Kinda weird but as long as you dont have naughty neighbors you should be ok.

My ipod FINALLY reached the perparing shipment stage around 6:00pm today. Its like 1pm in China right now so there's still lots of time to get that shipped. Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up I will get a tracking number in my inbox! Can anyone tell me how long it took to go from preparing shipment to shipped?
Well, I hope so. I hope that I do not have naughty neighbors.. I mean, it would just sit there from 10:30 A.M. PDT to 2:30 P.M. something PDT. I get packages every day, so I suppose it will be fine. :D

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 08:39 AM
Well my 30gb black still hasnt shipped. I really thought it would because yesterday it transitioned to the "Preparing Shipment" stage. It really really irritates me that Apple tells me on the phone they send these things out "in the order which they are recieved".

Lurk
Oct 20, 2005, 09:16 AM
Anyone here think that simply leaving a note will take care of the job? I just want them to leave it on my doorstep with my dad's packages.. Yes, he gets lots.

dbeltr1
Oct 20, 2005, 09:18 AM
My 30GB Black "non-engraved" transitioned to "Preparing Shipment" last night (10/19/05). I had ordered it on 10/12/05 at 3:04 CDT.

"At least I know that Apple is preparing to ship my order to me, and they will notify me by email when it ships." -- not sarcastic enough?

pseybold
Oct 20, 2005, 09:25 AM
GOT IT!!! its in my hands right now. ill post pics of the 60 gig BLACK in the next 15 min! keep looking for a new thread!

Pete

killuminati
Oct 20, 2005, 10:58 AM
Black 30gb engraved

A couple days ago? A COUPLE DAYS AGO?

I am actually hysterical right now. I'v gone mad. Crazy. He order his, oh just a couple days ago and it ships yesterday. I order with no engraving or anything the day of the announcement and its still on ******** processing.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/56641/2/istockphoto_56641_smiley_11.jpg

killuminati
Oct 20, 2005, 11:26 AM
Well I called Apple and now I know why it wasn't shipping. There was some error with my credit card, and I just verified the number for her and then it seemed to work fine. Idno. I asked for upgraded shipping because of this, but she said the best she could do is 3-6 business days.

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 11:29 AM
I think theres only one shipping choice for the UK....

My ipods joined the shanghai party....

Lurk
Oct 20, 2005, 02:33 PM
Well, this is a bit disappointing... :( I just checked FedEx and noticed that my package has a deliver exception because nobody was there to take the package. The estimated delivery date was 10:30 A.M. PDT, but it came around 9:20 A.M. PDT. I had someone go around 10, but that was after. Now I have to wait until 4:21 P.M. PDT tomorrow. So much excitement gone to waste... oh well. :mad:

killuminati
Oct 20, 2005, 02:39 PM
Well, this is a bit disappointing... :( I just checked FedEx and noticed that my package has a deliver exception because nobody was there to take the package. The estimated delivery date was 10:30 A.M. PDT, but it came around 9:20 A.M. PDT. I had someone go around 10, but that was after. Now I have to wait until 4:21 P.M. PDT tomorrow. So much excitement gone to waste... oh well. :mad:

If you want you can probably call Fed Ex and go pick it up at their place. I'v never done this with Fed Ex before but I have with other couriers.

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 02:41 PM
26 hours later and my status is still:

19 Oct 2005 02:04 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Any idea when it'll be with me? :confused:

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 02:46 PM
Mine hasnt even been recieved at shanghai...no activity listed on the apple tracking page... ideas?

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 07:55 PM
Mine is guaranteed to ship tomorrow, and since in about 16 hours it will be saturday in China, It should mos def ship within that amount of time.

Im pretty ****** pissed off though because I ORDERED NEXT DAY SHIPPING, IT WILL SHIP TOMORROW (FRIDAY) AND I WILL GET IT MONDAY!!! Damnit Apple, people who pay for next day should also get expedited processing and packaging. Now I have to wait three additional days even though I payed 19.99 for shipping.

Pretty lame... I will definitly write to Apple letting them know they need to get this whole thing straight. The stuff about "We ship in the order that orders are recieved" is total BS.

spaceballl
Oct 20, 2005, 08:59 PM
Black 30gb non-engraved just got fedex tracking number still in shanghai though.

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 09:16 PM
Mine just shipped. Doubt it will arrive tomorrow (I payed for next day), most likely Monday.

powerbook911
Oct 20, 2005, 10:14 PM
Amazon.com now has the 60 gig white video in stock!

Mine is shipping soon, so it *should* go out tomorrow (Friday), and I *should* have it Monday! :)

StormFreak
Oct 20, 2005, 10:25 PM
Got my white 30GB this morning. Not trying to rub this in the face of those who are still waiting, but I love this thing. Video coversion is still questionable, but im starting to find decent conversion for mpg and avi. You really have to see the video to believe it... My favorite gadget of 2005... now I just need to get a new iMac G5.

Currently Watching: Aqua Teen Hunger Force.... on my iPod...

Just a quick cell pic i took earlier...

AnktAggrwl
Oct 21, 2005, 09:42 AM
23 hours later my shipping status is still

Oct 20, 2005 11:28 PM
At local FedEx facility
SHANGHAI CN

with this detail from when it was picked up:
Package received after FedEx cutoff

on both iPods, I would've figured they would have left Shanghai while it was still Friday in China... grrr, its so frustrating, My girlfriend's birthday is on Tuesday... I just hope I get it by tuesday now.

micha10589
Oct 21, 2005, 10:20 AM
Hi StormFreak,

congratulations on your new iPod.

I don't know if you are aware of the forum post on free music videos. Could you download one of the Quicktime videos and say if they play on your iPod? I'm in doubt because the video and audio format are different, although it's a .mov-file. (They do play in iTunes 6.)

For your convenience there is one link that gets you directly to the download:

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolmusic/artists/wmg/madonna/madonna_cherish_dl.mov

To facilitate the download, do not click on the link but paste it to the clipboard, then open the window for loaded/loading files and paste.

I hope you don't hate Madonna - the song and the video are actually quite nice, I think... And the file is one of the smallest, just 8 MB.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Micha

Pring
Oct 21, 2005, 11:05 AM
Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated.
We are shipping as quickly as possible, but cannot meet the ship date we previously
estimated for you. We now expect to ship your order by October 28th, 2005.

Bah.. I'm quite annoyed. Especially since I ordered at 12/10/2005
08:28 PM.. like two hours after the store came back up.

Anyone else in the UK get the same email?

Betateam
Oct 21, 2005, 12:12 PM
Amazon.com now has the 60 gig white video in stock!

Mine is shipping soon, so it *should* go out tomorrow (Friday), and I *should* have it Monday! :)

Out now. =(
I got a black one and still not dice. I should be close to the top of the list. Keep me updated on your ipod.

StormFreak
Oct 21, 2005, 12:52 PM
I know this isnt in regards to shipping, but I am answering a question...

As far as .mov conversion, I had a strange experience. I got a Relient K video downloaded with the .mov extension. It took an extremely long time to convert, and after the conversion I was left with a VERY pixelated image, and extremely choppy audio and video... wasnt even worth copying to my iPod... Im not sure what the problem was as my avi and mpg are coming out great. I am using the Videodora iPod converter. It doesn't seem as though wmv is converting properly either yet.

Perhaps I will try another .mov later today.

crazyjoeda
Oct 21, 2005, 01:20 PM
I know this isnt in regards to shipping, but I am answering a question...

As far as .mov conversion, I had a strange experience. I got a Relient K video downloaded with the .mov extension. It took an extremely long time to convert, and after the conversion I was left with a VERY pixelated image, and extremely choppy audio and video... wasnt even worth copying to my iPod... Im not sure what the problem was as my avi and mpg are coming out great. I am using the Videodora iPod converter. It doesn't seem as though wmv is converting properly either yet.

Perhaps I will try another .mov later today.

Maybe I missed somthing but doesn't the new iPod support .mov?

killuminati
Oct 21, 2005, 01:25 PM
Finally mine went to preparing shipment, but it's already Saturday in China so I guess it won't ship till Sunday here :(.

Buzbe
Oct 21, 2005, 01:54 PM
Bah.. I'm quite annoyed. Especially since I ordered at 12/10/2005
08:28 PM.. like two hours after the store came back up.

Anyone else in the UK get the same email?

Thats Harsh, I ordered mine in the UK on sunday... and it went to preparing shipement on the monday. :-) Which one did u order?
I went for the white...

davefan6435
Oct 21, 2005, 02:05 PM
it finally shipped!!! but it looks like its just chillin in china right now sadly. it says its going to be delivered by tuesday. I can't wait!!! BTW I ordered a black 30gig no engraving. How did people already get theirs when they ordered later than people. I'm really pissed that there not actually shipping in the order they were recieved.

davefan6435
Oct 21, 2005, 02:06 PM
on second thought, how many people who ordered a black one have laready recieved theirs? cause im thinking that might have a little bit to do with it. also I wonder if the educational discount delayed it as well.

Pring
Oct 21, 2005, 04:42 PM
Thats Harsh, I ordered mine in the UK on sunday... and it went to preparing shipement on the monday. :-) Which one did u order?
I went for the white...

60gig White. I'm going to phone up tomorrow and cancel the Sennheiser headphones I got with them as I have a slight suspicion that they could be holding up the order.

deanwaterman
Oct 21, 2005, 04:51 PM
I called the Apple Store on Wed. and they told me they had 60G White in stock.. I got there and all they had was 30G They apologized profusely and gave me the 30G discounted and told me to bring it back when the 60G came in, with no refresh charge. I went back the following day to pick up my new 15" Powerbook and they had gotten a shipment of 60G. By noon they were ALL gone (except mine which they set aside to rectify the earlier mistake.) He told me these things are selling faster than they can get them.

Looks as if Apple has a winner... Again

devilot
Oct 21, 2005, 04:52 PM
I called the Apple Store on Wed. and they told me they had 60G White in stock.. I got there and all they had was 30G They apologized profusely and gave me the 30G discounted and told me to bring it back when the 60G came in, with no refresh charge. I went back the following day to pick up my new 15" Powerbook and they had gotten a shipment of 60G. By noon they were ALL gone (except mine which they set aside to rectify the earlier mistake.) He told me these things are selling faster than they can get them.

Looks as if Apple has a winner... AgainWow! What an awesome Apple story. *dreamy sigh* I wish all of my encounters were so peachy... glad that things worked out so well for you. :)

whalesalad
Oct 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
If saturday was only a business day... as of friday at 1:50 (alaska) it just left alaska. So I guess it goes to illinois or somethin and then to cali.

whalesalad
Oct 22, 2005, 03:33 AM
Updates.....

Well turns out Apple charged me and probably a lot of other people for next day shipping even though the Fedex rep i spoke with says that my ipod is being shipped via normal international air shipping. So I called apple and they kindly and apoligetically (is that a word?) refunded my shipping money.

I got off the phone with fedex a few minutes ago wondering if it was possible that I could request faster shipping (lets say have it tomorrow, since the damn thing is in the us now). The thing is, I never mentioned ipod, apple, or my tracking number. I simply said that I wanted something that had entered the us faster than normal, and I wouldb e willing to pay the fedex dude who delivered it the difference.

Immediatly he said, well you cant do stuff like that with things shipping from shanghai. I was like, how the heck did you know it was coming from Shanhai? He was like well its coming from Apple right? The whole time I was thinkging, WTF this dude is psycic? A bit later he said well I was talking to you an hour earlier wasn't I? Well I actually had never spoke to this man, I guess a hella lot of poeple are calling in freaking out about their ipods.

After that we had a short conversation about the new ipod. Told him what I ordered, and he mentioned he bought a nano this past weekend because he needs instant gratification. Pretty cool stuff.

Cant wait for my ipod!?!!?!?!!!!!!@!@DFasoneoneomfgbbq!!!!!1111

pdpfilms
Oct 22, 2005, 03:52 AM
Updates.....

Well turns out Apple charged me and probably a lot of other people for next day shipping even though the Fedex rep i spoke with says that my ipod is being shipped via normal international air shipping. So I called apple and they kindly and apoligetically (is that a word?) refunded my shipping money.

I got off the phone with fedex a few minutes ago wondering if it was possible that I could request faster shipping (lets say have it tomorrow, since the damn thing is in the us now). The thing is, I never mentioned ipod, apple, or my tracking number. I simply said that I wanted something that had entered the us faster than normal, and I wouldb e willing to pay the fedex dude who delivered it the difference.

Immediatly he said, well you cant do stuff like that with things shipping from shanghai. I was like, how the heck did you know it was coming from Shanhai? He was like well its coming from Apple right? The whole time I was thinkging, WTF this dude is psycic? A bit later he said well I was talking to you an hour earlier wasn't I? Well I actually had never spoke to this man, I guess a hella lot of poeple are calling in freaking out about their ipods.

After that we had a short conversation about the new ipod. Told him what I ordered, and he mentioned he bought a nano this past weekend because he needs instant gratification. Pretty cool stuff.

Cant wait for my ipod!?!!?!?!!!!!!@!@DFasoneoneomfgbbq!!!!!1111

That must be why my iPod is set to be here in 4 business days... when I ordered 2nd day shipping. Ouch, apple....ouch.

killuminati
Oct 22, 2005, 01:55 PM
OH MY GOD IT SHIPPED! It's early Sunday morning in Shanghai right now, so I figured it wouldn't ship until monday. I didn't even bother checking when I woke up, but then I went to my email and :D :D :D.

Right now it says it's still in Shanghai, something about arriving after Fed Ex cutoff time or something.

I'm so excited right now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

iDM
Oct 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
OH MY GOD IT SHIPPED! It's early Sunday morning in Shanghai right now, so I figured it wouldn't ship until monday. I didn't even bother checking when I woke up, but then I went to my email and :D :D :D.

Right now it says it's still in Shanghai, something about arriving after Fed Ex cutoff time or something.

I'm so excited right now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How are you seeing info about it being in Shanghai? I got an email confirmation saying

"Dear Apple Customer,

Apple is pleased to report that a shipment for the following order
is on its way to you."

but all i get when i check FedEx is "Package data transmitted to FedEx"

powerbook911
Oct 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
Out now. =(
I got a black one and still not dice. I should be close to the top of the list. Keep me updated on your ipod.

Hi. Well it did officially ship on Friday, and it should arrive Monday, from Amazon.

Just as a tip, if you ever see the black one go to "24 hours," shipping on the store, cancel your order, and reorder.

I pre-ordered very early, but when the ipod 60 white went 24 hours, it hadn't went to shipping soon. I cancelled that one, reordered, and it almost immediately went to "shipping soon." Amazon screws over the pre-orderers sometimes. :(

killuminati
Oct 22, 2005, 02:12 PM
How are you seeing info about it being in Shanghai? I got an email confirmation saying

"Dear Apple Customer,

Apple is pleased to report that a shipment for the following order
is on its way to you."

but all i get when i check FedEx is "Package data transmitted to FedEx"

If I go to FedEx and enter my shipping number this is what I see:

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/997/fedex9gg.jpg

iDM
Oct 22, 2005, 02:18 PM
If I go to FedEx and enter my shipping number this is what I see:

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/997/fedex9gg.jpg

Oh ok I'm not seeing that so i assume yours is further along!! I am amped for this thing to get here! I'm starting to worry however about someone not being at my apartment to sign for it and therefore it going back to the shipping center. I don't have a car so i have ZERO clue how i would ever pick it up. :mad:

killuminati
Oct 22, 2005, 02:35 PM
Oh ok I'm not seeing that so i assume yours is further along!! I am amped for this thing to get here! I'm starting to worry however about someone not being at my apartment to sign for it and therefore it going back to the shipping center. I don't have a car so i have ZERO clue how i would ever pick it up. :mad:

Yea thats too bad. I have all my stuff shipped to my Dads office so there is always someone there to receive it.

Pring
Oct 23, 2005, 07:33 AM
Yay mine went to shipped yesterday! I can't for the life of me work out WHO it shipped with though or how to track it.

Carrier : Flextronics c/o Express Cargo
Tracking Number(s) :
C*******

is all it says on the Order status page. No link!

Any ideas?

iDM
Oct 23, 2005, 09:10 PM
My expected delivery is on Wednesday which of COURSE is the day i have to go to both of my internships. So I will be gone during all of the business hours.

*Crossing my fingers one of my roommates will be here on Wednesday when the fed-ex guy arrives*

I read somewhere on the fed-ex site that you can specify a delivery time, or like a window of time that you would like them to deliver it, has anyone done this with any success and if so how'd you go about doing it? I don't have a car so picking this package up at Fed-Ex's distribution center in East Bumble**** is not gonna be feasible.

killuminati
Oct 23, 2005, 09:22 PM
My estimated delivery time is also Wednesday. But it left Memphis at 3:05 today, and I'm pretty sure it's coming straight to Vancouver so I don't know why it would take so long.

crazyjoeda
Oct 24, 2005, 02:55 AM
^ There could be boarder delays.
I was told by the store that I ordered it from that my iPod would be in by tuesday or wednesday, it will be interesting to see who gets it first.

mulletman13
Oct 24, 2005, 03:08 AM
Mine is set to arrive on Tuesday, however it is in my hometown as we speak... hopefully it will be delivered today! :-D

Although i need to wait for my invisibleShield :(

dbeltr1
Oct 24, 2005, 09:30 AM
Finally!!!! ordered the 5G 30GB Black nonengraved on Oct 12. 2005 1:04 PDT and it is on its way!!!

The funny thing is that the BestBuy in Burbank, IL had the 30GB white in stock this past saturday (10/22/05). They had plenty in stock.

Oct 24, 2005
7:53 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
CHICAGO, IL

6:55 AM
At local FedEx facility
CHICAGO, IL

Oct 22, 2005
7:41 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
CHICAGO, IL

4:33 AM
Departed FedEx location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

1:14 AM
Int'l shipment release
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Oct 21, 2005
1:50 PM
Departed FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

12:23 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Oct 20, 2005
11:30 PM
At local FedEx facility
SHANGHAI CN

2:38 PM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

1:52 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

12:23 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx [/SIZE]

mulletman13
Oct 24, 2005, 09:44 AM
Wooohooo, looks like my iPod will be here within a few hours..... only I dont know if I should take it out and play with it yet.... I realllly want to wait for my invisibleshield! *sigh* The worst feeling is having a new toy sitting there, but not being able to use it. Buuuut I kindof want to get the shield on immediately and avoid ANY scratches, and keep the iPod pristine... it'd be sooo purdy :-D

iDM
Oct 24, 2005, 09:49 AM
Mine is set to arrive on Tuesday, however it is in my hometown as we speak... hopefully it will be delivered today! :-D

Although i need to wait for my invisibleShield :(

Any idea when the invisibleshield will be arriving, or even shipping for that matter?

killuminati
Oct 24, 2005, 09:51 AM
Wooohooo, looks like my iPod will be here within a few hours..... only I dont know if I should take it out and play with it yet.... I realllly want to wait for my invisibleshield! *sigh* The worst feeling is having a new toy sitting there, but not being able to use it. Buuuut I kindof want to get the shield on immediately and avoid ANY scratches, and keep the iPod pristine... it'd be sooo purdy :-D

Don't open it. Just think how disappointed you'll be when after you've put the shield on, you notice a bunch of scratches from the couple days that you were playing with it. Definitely not worth it in the long run.

I'm only saying this because it seems that scratches are a big deal to you. Personally I would open it, but then again I'm not the one getting a shield. So since you do care, don't open it. :p

snowmoon
Oct 24, 2005, 09:51 AM
60GB white engraved edu discount arrived today US address

Ordered 3:45PST Oct 12th, Shipped the 19th, arrived on shedule this morning.

davefan6435
Oct 24, 2005, 10:11 AM
AHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO! damn you fedex. It said it was going to be delivered tomorrow at like 8:30 but they tried to deliver it today!!! I really want my ipod asap but im still waiting on my invis shield. The wait is killing me!

tobefirst
Oct 24, 2005, 10:43 AM
Woohoo! FedEx failed to deliver mine today! That's good news, because it means that I'll be picking it up directly after work! I can't wait!

30GB/white/engraved/edu discount

mulletman13
Oct 24, 2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the tips guys,

FedEx delivered my new iPod today and its sitting in my school's mail room as we speak. I'm going to wait the extra couple days for my invisibleshield, even though scratches haven't bothered me in the past, the black one I ordered may show them a little more, and now I'll have a totally chrome backing with no scratches.

Now to hide the ipod and forget where i hid it instantly..... hmmm....

pirohick
Oct 24, 2005, 10:59 AM
Black 30gig, no engraving, edu discount ordered 10/13/05 8:47pm PDT, on truck for delivery today to the Salt Lake City area. :D

jpeeters
Oct 24, 2005, 11:02 AM
Order date: 2005/10/13

My ipod is shipped with Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r., the accessoires with Flextronics Logistics B.V. I hope they don't want to combine the packages, that would probably take another day or so...

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 21 Oct 2005 08:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 22 Oct 2005 15:59

Estimated arrival: 26 Oct 2005, 2 more days...

powerbook911
Oct 24, 2005, 11:58 AM
My 60 gig whtie, from Amazon.com, is "out for delivery."

Should get it sometime this evening (UPS comes late). Fingers crossed nothing happens. :)

Meanwhile, my universal dock is suppose to ship from amazon today, for wednesday delivery.. :)

iDM
Oct 24, 2005, 01:53 PM
Has anyone ever scheduled delivery by FedEx before, i read on the website you could do it, but i didn't say how. I'd love for them to deliver after 5pm on Wednesday. It currently is schduled to arrive at 10:30 but i nor my roommates will be home!!!

Betateam
Oct 24, 2005, 03:16 PM
Has anyone ever scheduled delivery by FedEx before, i read on the website you could do it, but i didn't say how. I'd love for them to deliver after 5pm on Wednesday. It currently is schduled to arrive at 10:30 but i nor my roommates will be home!!!

I think they have to make a delivery attempt first before you can reschedule it. I'm not sure if they can give you a specific redelivery time. From what I understand they have a route. WHen your time is come that is when you get it. I know you can pick it up at the depot.
I'd call them. They usually have good CS. Make sure you have your tracking number handy.

PS. %@%!#@ Amazon STILL doesn't have them.

pdpfilms
Oct 24, 2005, 03:53 PM
Just received mine! It's currently updating in iTunes... 4150 of 10290 songs. This may take a while...

But it's beautiful! I'm being SOOOO anal about scratching it though... it's spent about 30 seconds of its out-of-box-life not contained in the pouch. I'm waiting for my BurningLove case as well as the invisible shield for double protection. I do not want this baby scratched.

davefan6435
Oct 24, 2005, 04:01 PM
I'm waiting for my BurningLove case as well as the invisible shield for double protection. I do not want this baby scratched.

Double bagging it is always a good idea ;)

I'm super excited because I'm going to pick my iPod up from Fedex in about an hour!!! But the best part about today is MY INVISIBLE SHIELD CAME!!! What are the odds that would happen? I'm super excited and I can't wait to piuck it up! The anticipation is killing me

powerbook911
Oct 24, 2005, 04:16 PM
Just received mine! It's currently updating in iTunes... 4150 of 10290 songs. This may take a while...

But it's beautiful! I'm being SOOOO anal about scratching it though... it's spent about 30 seconds of its out-of-box-life not contained in the pouch. I'm waiting for my BurningLove case as well as the invisible shield for double protection. I do not want this baby scratched.

I have about 25 gigs of stuff that will need to go onto my new iPod, when it arrives (hopefully tonight). How long will 25 gigs take over USB 2.0? Will it be done within one hour?

Thanks for any advice.

Mike Teezie
Oct 24, 2005, 04:35 PM
Grrrr. Just got off the phone with MacMall, to see if my iPod shipped today like it was supposed to.

Now my ship date has been pushed back to "anytime between now and the 31st."

:mad:

cheekyspanky
Oct 24, 2005, 04:52 PM
Just received mine today, about 3.20pm GMT, but it has a scratch on the metal part - not sure whether it's enough to complain about, but it's already as marked as my 3G one is after 2 years..!

:rolleyes:

powerbook911
Oct 24, 2005, 06:55 PM
My 60 gig white video arrived, from Amazon.com today (Monday the 24th)!! Yay!!

I think it is perfect. I thought there was a scratch on the back metal, but I rubbed and it came off. I'm keeping the plastic on the front of the iPod, until I hear more about the scratching. The plastic is crystal clear, so the screen still looks great. It is syncing right now, but I have about 15 gigs it needs to transfer over, but it is about 75 percent done. Yay. I put one of the iCondom back protectors on the back, which I have used on every iPod I've owned. They do a good job protecting the back.

I just ordered the universal dock, but now I see it fits in my 30 gig photo dock. :( I think I wasted money on the new one.

Ok, I will write here or another thread later, when I get to play with it. It is great so far. It feels thin, light, and the screen is beautiful. The box is so tiny.

EricBrian
Oct 24, 2005, 07:10 PM
from Amazon.com

Yuck!

pdpfilms
Oct 24, 2005, 07:49 PM
I have about 25 gigs of stuff that will need to go onto my new iPod, when it arrives (hopefully tonight). How long will 25 gigs take over USB 2.0? Will it be done within one hour?

Thanks for any advice.

Yeah, mine did (very roughly) 45gigs in under two hours. It shouldn't take you much longer than an hour.

killuminati
Oct 24, 2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, mine did (very roughly) 45gigs in under two hours. It shouldn't take you much longer than an hour.

Do you have any idea how long 10 gigs would take over USB 1? I'm still deciding wether I should get a USB 2 thing for my powerbook.

powerbook911
Oct 24, 2005, 09:47 PM
Yuck!

Sure, put down the store that has the greatest customer service in the world, with amazing prices. Put down the store that got the brand new iPod video, to my door on the 12th day, after Steve announced it? Put down the store that will replace your computer, if you get a single dead pixel? Put down one of Apple's biggest retailers? You would be blown away how many iPods and Macintosh computers are sold through Amazon. I spend lots of money with them, and I am never disappointed. To be honest, you're the first person I have ever heard say something negative about Amazon. However, if you had a bad experience with them, I feel for you, and I'm sorry it happened, but most think they do a great job.

Now, onto the iPod video. It is an extraordinary device. People talk about this not being an actual video player, but I say it is a phenomenal video player. I had several movies and TV shows that I had encoded over the past few days, and they all play great. The output to television quality is also very acceptable. The display is bright, brilliant, and simply looks awesome. I have the sixty gig, but I can definitely notice the weight and size different, from my old 30 gig photo. This one fits even better in my hand. With no question, I have not felt an iPod was this cool, since I opened my very first one a couple years ago (also from Amazon). This is the fifth iPod I have owned, and it is definitely my favorite already.

I'm really grateful Apple put on such a great product. I can see why they are going to market it as mainly a music player, with video capability. It makes sense. The entire package is great though, including the video playback. I couldn't be happier with the purchase, and I'm looking forward to seeing how these are adopted, in the coming months.

pdpfilms
Oct 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
Do you have any idea how long 10 gigs would take over USB 1? I'm still deciding wether I should get a USB 2 thing for my powerbook.

Sorry, I don't have any USB 1 ports, so I can't test. But i would guess.... REALLY LONG. I saw in some other thread that it would take something like 40x the time of USB 2.0? Maybe not. But i think a USB 2.0 adapter would be a wise investment for you. Have you recieved yours yet?

iDM
Oct 24, 2005, 10:59 PM
This is one of the most ridiculous things. My already well-funded roommate bought a 20 gig 4th gen iPod last Christmas. It died on him this summer. He bought it at Best Buy and decided to return it today. He marches back in the door to our apartment 30 mins ago and puts in my hand a 30gig iPod video. I was floored, and asked how much did you have to drop for a new one and he proudly exclaims nothing(as if his parents didn't pay for the first one, which of course they did). He said he walked upto customer service, no receipt, no box nothing and they said sorry we do not have this model anymore but we do have the updated version with 10 gigs more space and other capabilities, would you be willing to accept that? He did not raise his voice he didn't even get mad or even firm, simply said it doesn't work. How can this be so???? Best Buy offers such an amazing replacement plan on these things. With Apple their AppleCare is ridiculously high priced while offering only hardware deficiencies as coverable items. At bestbuy they didn't even ask whether he did it or not!!!! With Apple you gotta jump through so many damn loops(and as other people have said act "firmly")(often they have to send it out for servicing and then require you to come back, and usually 2 or 3 replacements before they give you a new one) He spent 15mins in Best Buy!!! To make matters worse on top of all of this I ordered one from Apple and have yet to receive it WTF!!!!!! It is bittersweet to finally see this new product, but i'm furious over the fact i bought this at Apple. I could have spent the same amount, gotten it EARLIER, not had to worry about shipping costs/arriving safely, gotten a better warranty for cheaper and I would be covered under more circumstances!!!! I will never make this mistake again, and i will always try to determine if products such as these are offered at places with competitively priced warranties that include more coverage. AppleCare you are a POS. Nothing except Amazon and Best Buy for all of my Apple purchases from here on out.

Anyone care to comment? At this point I'm hoping someone tells me something wrong about what i just said because i'm almost feeling sick to my stomach over how i just got hosed in this deal and how i'll lack proper warranty coverage/support for the future!!!

Edit: I was a little skeptical over this whole screen scratching easily bit. I wrongfully assumed that people who had received them were just being overly-anal(is that a word) or were just rough with there pods, but my roommate just called me in to see if it was a scratch on his screen and sure enough there is a 1 cm scratch bottom right of the screen he's had it for 1 hour, and even he the king of not treating his electronics nicely has not even used it yet!!

spaceballl
Oct 25, 2005, 12:48 AM
boo ya got mine today :-). 30gb black

swivel
Oct 25, 2005, 01:54 PM
Odered 30GB Black Engraved Online via the Apple store 10/19
The Original estimated ship date was 10/27
(They are a few days early thank god!)
Estimated Arrival is 10/28 (Mayby the delivery will be sooner than expected too!!!

Ship date
Oct 25, 2005

Estimated delivery
Oct 28, 2005 12:00 PM

Oct 25, 2005 12:33 PM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

11:31 AM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

9:59 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

crazyjoeda
Oct 25, 2005, 03:05 PM
Yes!! I just got mine!!

killuminati
Oct 25, 2005, 09:16 PM
Mine was delivered this morning. Ahhh, I'm so happy. Now I'm not as anxious and I can sleep at night now. :)

ripcity2427
Oct 26, 2005, 01:30 AM
Odered 30GB Black Engraved Online via the Apple store 10/19
The Original estimated ship date was 10/27
(They are a few days early thank god!)
Estimated Arrival is 10/28 (Mayby the delivery will be sooner than expected too!!!

Ship date
Oct 25, 2005

Estimated delivery
Oct 28, 2005 12:00 PM

Oct 25, 2005 12:33 PM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

11:31 AM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

9:59 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

Hey man I see that you ordered yours through the apple store online. i ordered the same thing as you and I was just wondering how long it took to process you order. I ordered mine on the 22nd and when I check my order status it still say's processing order. My expected ship date is the 11-2. Any idea? Thanks.

berkleeboy210
Oct 26, 2005, 01:54 AM
Why does everything seem like it's always recieved after the cutoff time in China? just adds on another day. Same happened to my PB last week.

Mike Teezie
Oct 26, 2005, 11:36 AM
Wow, I just called MacMall again, they aren't expecting any until the first of next month.

swivel
Oct 26, 2005, 01:36 PM
Hey man I see that you ordered yours through the apple store online. i ordered the same thing as you and I was just wondering how long it took to process you order. I ordered mine on the 22nd and when I check my order status it still say's processing order. My expected ship date is the 11-2. Any idea? Thanks.

It was ordered on the 19th and it stayed in processing until the 24th

It was shipped yesterday and it arrived in Phoenix this morning.
It was scheduled to be delivered on Friday (Fed Ex holds it unti lthe delivery date. So I called them up and they let me go pick it up at their facility and NOW i have my super fancy smaller than i thought it would be kick ass ipod. :-)

PieMac
Oct 26, 2005, 02:21 PM
Sure, put down the store that has the greatest customer service in the world, with amazing prices. Put down the store that got the brand new iPod video, to my door on the 12th day, after Steve announced it? Put down the store that will replace your computer, if you get a single dead pixel? Put down one of Apple's biggest retailers? You would be blown away how many iPods and Macintosh computers are sold through Amazon. I spend lots of money with them, and I am never disappointed. To be honest, you're the first person I have ever heard say something negative about Amazon. However, if you had a bad experience with them, I feel for you, and I'm sorry it happened, but most think they do a great job.

I heartily agree...Amazon is, handsdown, the best internet store. I'm awaiting my black ipod from them which is scheduled to ship 11/31 (I just ordered it yesterday to boot) and most of the time they ship ahead of schedule even when you use the free shipping option.

Mike Teezie
Oct 26, 2005, 04:53 PM
YES.

I have a friend who lives in Dallas. We were talking on Adium today, and he told me he was going in to the Apple store to pick up his Powerbook that had been repaired. I called the store, and they had plenty of 30 gigs in stock, either color.

So he bought one for me, and is overnighting it to me tomorrow. MacMall order cancelled.

Barring a Fed-Ex screw up, I should have it by Friday afternoon.

WeeShoo
Oct 26, 2005, 05:53 PM
Just got mine...

Nutz
Oct 27, 2005, 02:14 PM
Amazon got the 30 and 60 GB White.

I just placed my order for the 60( lol….very excited). they still don’t have the black Vipod yet.

ripcity2427
Oct 27, 2005, 02:53 PM
Does anybody know how long the "Preparing Shipment" part takes when ordering it from the online apple store.

filmsoncon
Oct 27, 2005, 05:06 PM
Okay, need some advice.

Here's the situation: bought a new 60GB 4G Photo iPod something like two weeks before the new ones were announced... felt like a schmuck. Got it at Best Buy with the service plan.

Then, last Saturday, it up and died on me. That day marked 30 days since I purchased it. I went in with a smile. They confirmed that it was dead and offered to send it in for service. I nodded and explained that since I was within the 30 days of purchase and wasn't feeling too good about that particular unit, I'd be much more comfortable exchanging it for a new one. They agreed. Hurray!

The catch: They, of course, did not have the 5G ones in stock. So, I got a gift card for the entire amount of the purchase that I can use at bestbuy.com. And here's what stinks: they only have the white ones available at bb.com, and I'm jonesing for a black one. They don't even have them on back order... it just has an icon that says "COMING SOON".

I'm dying over here without my new iPod! Should I keep holding out and waiting for the black one, or just say to hell with it and order a white one?

Nutz
Oct 27, 2005, 05:53 PM
Okay, need some advice.

Here's the situation: bought a new 60GB 4G Photo iPod something like two weeks before the new ones were announced... felt like a schmuck. Got it at Best Buy with the service plan.

Then, last Saturday, it up and died on me. That day marked 30 days since I purchased it. I went in with a smile. They confirmed that it was dead and offered to send it in for service. I nodded and explained that since I was within the 30 days of purchase and wasn't feeling too good about that particular unit, I'd be much more comfortable exchanging it for a new one. They agreed. Hurray!

The catch: They, of course, did not have the 5G ones in stock. So, I got a gift card for the entire amount of the purchase that I can use at bestbuy.com. And here's what stinks: they only have the white ones available at bb.com, and I'm jonesing for a black one. They don't even have them on back order... it just has an icon that says "COMING SOON".

I'm dying over here without my new iPod! Should I keep holding out and waiting for the black one, or just say to hell with it and order a white one?

I faced the same problem in choosing which color, but en the end, I went with the white.

Its apples trademark color, and to me, the black might be a little more prone to scratches.
I don’t know:confused: …….good luck.

Mike Teezie
Oct 27, 2005, 06:19 PM
Yes:

Mike Teezie
Oct 28, 2005, 04:11 PM
Saweeeet...got it in my hands.

filmsoncon
Nov 1, 2005, 10:56 AM
Well, here's the depressing update...

Out of patience, I finally gave in and ordered the white 60GB 5G on Friday from bestbuy.com. Sunday morning, lo and behold, they had the black ones available. Doh!

I called to see if I could switch the order-- it was too late, it was already "in the shipping process". It finally shipped out Monday morning via UPS and will arrive on Wednesday.

Here's the real kicker-- not only do they have the black ones at bb.com, they now have them AT MY BEST BUY STORE! Double doh!

I can take my white one in and exchange it for a black (I was gonna go in anyway to get the service plan), if they last till the white one gets here, but I'm antsy and mad! I'm waiting on one to arrive, and I could go down to the store and pick up the one that I want.

I guess patience is a virtue. Whatever.

Okay, need some advice.

Betateam
Nov 1, 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, here's the depressing update...

Out of patience, I finally gave in and ordered the white 60GB 5G on Friday from bestbuy.com. Sunday morning, lo and behold, they had the black ones available. Doh!

I called to see if I could switch the order-- it was too late, it was already "in the shipping process". It finally shipped out Monday morning via UPS and will arrive on Wednesday.

Here's the real kicker-- not only do they have the black ones at bb.com, they now have them AT MY BEST BUY STORE! Double doh!

I can take my white one in and exchange it for a black (I was gonna go in anyway to get the service plan), if they last till the white one gets here, but I'm antsy and mad! I'm waiting on one to arrive, and I could go down to the store and pick up the one that I want.

I guess patience is a virtue. Whatever.

BB is USUALLY pretty flexable. Don't open it and go there and ask. The worse they can do is say no.

PS. Amazon STILL does not have black 60GB in stock!!!!!

ibx
Nov 20, 2005, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone, i need help with my shipping:confused:

i can't understand.

Firstly on the 8th of november= it arrived CNHON10 which means china hong kong.

then it continues its trip and arrives at NLAM07 which means Netherlands Amsterdam

Now that i check it again i see on the 17th of November it says CNHON10 again..:o

Can anyone tell me whats going on please. i've been waiting for my ipods for so long. thank you:o