Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
So today I went I to Vaughn Mills to the GA kiosk to have my matte sides and back replaced. I used a case that mucked them up.

So naturally I ask for the replacement without installation, because as I was told I could go to any kiosk and simply ask for a replacement and get one without having to pay for installation.

Now the lady tells me that if I do it this way, I will from hence forth have to get my replacements from head office instead of at the kiosks. She said this is policy. Has anyone else heard of this? I thought it was absolute ********.

DEG1

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
N. Chicago Burbs
When I was having it installed at the mall, they told me that the lifetime guarantee required me to bring the damaged/defective material to them (on or off the phone) and that I would have to pay $5 labor for them to apply the replacement(s). No option to just get the replacements and install it myself.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When I was having it installed at the mall, they told me that the lifetime guarantee required me to bring the damaged/defective material to them (on or off the phone) and that I would have to pay $5 labor for them to apply the replacement(s). No option to just get the replacements and install it myself.

same here, I can pay 5 dollars for the replacement or 10 for the entire front and back to be replaced. I think if you ordered it online, your only option is to get replacement online

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.