PDA

View Full Version : WTF No Button Icons?

Hungryman00
Feb 28, 2013, 09:30 PM
Look where the Wifi and Bluetooth icons should be! Also all the icons for drives are not there.... WTF!:confused:

BeeJee
Mar 1, 2013, 11:08 AM
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Copy into terminal. Then press return. Wait until terminal returns to the command line. Quit Terminal. After that, log out and back in or restart.

Hungryman00
Mar 7, 2013, 08:11 PM
I Tried this twice and it did not work.

Also I forgot to mention that right click does not work for the majority of the time.

Pharmscott
Mar 7, 2013, 08:23 PM
For WiFi and Bluetooth icons, you just have to set them to be displayed. Check the Settings app. Same for the drives but those preferences are in Finder.

Drew017
Mar 7, 2013, 10:18 PM
Look where the Wifi and Bluetooth icons should be! Also all the icons for drives are not there.... WTF!:confused:

Have you tried restarting you computer? Is this the first time this has happened? When did this start happening and have you done anything strange to your computer recently that would have caused this?

Hungryman00
Mar 17, 2013, 08:00 PM
This issue is definitely not a display preference. Look at the browsers back and forward button. You can clock on the "invisible" icons and they function... like the drop down menu will appear but they remain invisible. All of the drive icons are not appearing. It just happened out of the blue. I also cannot right click certain things, including the dock icons. :mad:

swordfish5736
Mar 18, 2013, 01:53 PM
This issue is definitely not a display preference. Look at the browsers back and forward button. You can clock on the "invisible" icons and they function... like the drop down menu will appear but they remain invisible. All of the drive icons are not appearing. It just happened out of the blue. I also cannot right click certain things, including the dock icons. :mad:

like somebody else asked, have you tried rebooting?

did you change anything before this started to happen? install a new program?

what do you have set as the secondary click under system preferences?

r-money
Mar 20, 2013, 07:51 AM

Version of OSX is 10.8.2?

Hungryman00
Mar 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
:apple::apple::apple: :eek: Of course I've rebooted. I've tried about 1000 things on 100 different websites and thats why I'm on the forums with a screen shot.

Like I said before - Right click only doesn't work on some things! It works to copy and paste text and a couple other things.... There just seems to be some sort of huge problem....

There seems to be no way to explain this problem. Help me

Version is 10.8.2

Hungryman00
Mar 20, 2013, 04:56 PM
I updated the OS just now and it fixed everything.... :)