PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble installing Windows 7 on MBA 11" 2012

PhazonUK
Mar 4, 2013, 06:32 PM
So I've partitioned my SSD using Boot Camp Assistant and created a Windows install USB with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Everything does what it should until I get to selecting the partition in the Windows setup and I get the error "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO CREATE A NEW SYSTEM PARTITION OR LOCATE AN EXISTING SYSTEM PARTITION".

I've tried starting from the beginning and re-partitioning but I just keep getting the same error.
Even more annoying is that I only deleted my Windows 7 install yesterday as I wanted to make a fresh install so I now it has previously worked.

wolfpuppies3
Mar 5, 2013, 12:48 PM
Use your Windows 7 install disks.

Acorn
Mar 5, 2013, 01:15 PM
even though mac will set a partition aside for windows you still have to format it during your windows install then after its formatted choose that drive as a target for the install process.

just be careful that you format only the windows partition and nothing else.

TouchArchive
Mar 5, 2013, 01:17 PM
So I've partitioned my SSD using Boot Camp Assistant and created a Windows install USB with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Everything does what it should until I get to selecting the partition in the Windows setup and I get the error "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO CREATE A NEW SYSTEM PARTITION OR LOCATE AN EXISTING SYSTEM PARTITION".

I've tried starting from the beginning and re-partitioning but I just keep getting the same error.
Even more annoying is that I only deleted my Windows 7 install yesterday as I wanted to make a fresh install so I now it has previously worked.

The best way is VMWare or Parallels

77slevin
Mar 8, 2013, 04:43 AM
The best way is VMWare or Parallels

No, it's not. you'll take a performance hit when using virtualization. If you want Windows to use the full resources of your computer, Bootcamp is the way to go.