PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story on 5g iPod

zap2
Oct 17, 2005, 03:47 PM
so i'm in school and about a 3 weeks ago and this kid said he had a white iPod Nano, so im like cool but he never brought it in so I'm like ''ok your not really use it up what ever''

Then today he said "i got a vidoe iPod" and he said "i went to the local store and bought it!!" Now im thinking ''HaHa i caught you in a bold face lie!! I did not call him out on it ,but if he keeps talking about it i will. I just find it so funny that this kid would lie about having the new iPod becuz he wanted to sound cool! come on!! be yourself

So now im not sure if he ever had an iPod Nano or not and he said he has an iBook ,so know im not sure if he even has an iBook.

I'm kind of sorry for this kid

YA so kind no point but crazy story( forgive my spelling) :p

pdpfilms
Oct 17, 2005, 04:20 PM
so i'm in school and about a 3 weeks ago this kid said has a white iPod Nano so im like cool but he never brought it in so i'm like ''ok your not really use it up what ever'' and so today he say "i got a vidoe iPod" and he like i went to the local store and bought it!!Now im thinking ''HaHa i caught you in a bold face lie!! I did not call him out on it but if he keeps talking about it i will. I just find it so funny that this kid would lie about having the new iPod becuz he sounds cool! come on!! be your self

SO now im not sure if he ever had an iPod Nano or not and he say he had an iBook so know im not sure if he even has an iBook.

Last year there were this thing when people brought in achocol to school( ya there stupid) the people who brought it to school at expelled and all the people who drank it say he brought it in but he did not get caught!

I'm kind of sorry for this kid, i dont really care his he has a super PowerMac, if he has something cool then that rocks and i'd like to see it but if he is making it up pssff werid!

YA so kind led no were but crazy story( forgive my spelling) :p

Ok- from the evidence presented above, I conclude that you are either eleven or drunk.

DaftUnion
Oct 17, 2005, 04:21 PM
You really should re-read that at least once. I had to fill in words in my head just so it was understandable. Good story though. Guy sounds like a moron that's just begging for attention. I'd say your full of **** and expose him in his little white lie.

noel4r
Oct 17, 2005, 04:34 PM
Huh?

iEdd
Oct 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
What grade are you in? :rolleyes:

mpw
Oct 17, 2005, 04:57 PM
so i'm in school...

You were ever near a school?

ipacmm
Oct 17, 2005, 05:09 PM
Huh?

I was thinking the very same thing.

tdhurst
Oct 17, 2005, 05:12 PM
Tell me EXACTLY what school you go to so I can make sure my kids never, ever go there.

On another note...how old are you?

lazyboy922
Oct 17, 2005, 05:16 PM
You were ever near a school?

HAHAHA That made my day!

clayj
Oct 17, 2005, 05:24 PM
YA so kind led no were but crazy story( forgive my spelling) :pIf you know that your spelling is bad, why not correct it before you post? :confused: Doing so would spare you from a lot of posts like this one...

crazyjoeda
Oct 17, 2005, 05:26 PM
hahaha, what a dumb story. :D

mercuryjones
Oct 17, 2005, 05:39 PM
Anyone have a half assed writing to English dictionary handy?

wwooden
Oct 17, 2005, 05:47 PM
I'm still waiting for the punch line....................

ITASOR
Oct 17, 2005, 06:08 PM
I just wanted to contribute that while I was reading that, I didn't understand ONE line of it. All the people were mixed up.....bah!

steve_hill4
Oct 17, 2005, 06:20 PM
As a moderator at pinkfloydonline.com, (and we currently seem to be overrun by less intelligent teens than this), I understood what they were saying, but thought it was pointless and boring.

It did however remind me of asking, anyone got an idea of when the new iPods will hit the stores in both the US and UK? I work in a store that is an apple authorised retailer, (few apples stores in the UK, a few more franchises, but we are the closest they have to a nationwide store chain), and have been estimating the end of the month before we get them in stock. Just wondered if anyone could shed a little light on current distribution. Last i heard, apple stores in the US weren't getting them until October 30th and the apple website for the UK permanently states 7 days, but that has been known to be wrong so often before.

zap2
Oct 17, 2005, 06:26 PM
ya i was bored but Macrumors is REALLY a nice place these days!! ;)

YA i would be yelling at someone if they did a post like these

Mods wasteland please??(im the original post if you reading skill are as bad as my spelling skills :p )

My school rocks, im just not a good speller and was in a hurry( ya i know that no excuse)
( was not that great of a story)

make to the shadows to cry ;)

Dr Riot
Oct 17, 2005, 10:01 PM
he's not drunk, he's just 11. :)

homerjward
Oct 17, 2005, 10:08 PM
you know, i was gonna try to post a translation for people who couldnt read it, but i couldnt figure out what he was saying..(no offense to the OP :))

wesco
Oct 17, 2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the laugh...made my day....

derajfast
Oct 17, 2005, 10:59 PM
.........worst....story.....ever (comic book guy-voice)

*Y*
Oct 17, 2005, 11:12 PM
He is probably a drunk 11 year old! :D

ravenvii
Oct 17, 2005, 11:43 PM

CONCUR!

EricNau
Oct 18, 2005, 12:09 AM
A girl in my class said her friend had a video iPod, I thought I had caught her in a lie, and I called her on it. Turns out she said her friend knows one of the designers for the iPod team, and her friend was one of the testers. I asked if she had seen it or not, she said 'no' because her friend signed a contract saying she wouldn't show anyone.
I'm really not sure if this whole story is true, but now I kinda whish I had never called her on it :o

iHao
Oct 18, 2005, 01:11 AM
^If she was telling the truth...cave in. Cave in immediately. Who knows...maybe you can still get some satisfaction... ;) :p

solvs
Oct 18, 2005, 01:26 AM
he's not drunk, he's just 11. :)
13 ;)

Tristan_X
Oct 18, 2005, 01:49 AM
Wow - a little intense are we?

I think some people are wishing they were 11 again. So there are typos - he doesn't run his threads through Word (oh no!).

Lets be honest folks, this is a site that spends most of its time speculating pointlessly. We've had even worse conversations at work, out and about, and with our friends - save your anger for politics.

I can remember public school. That sort of thing -is- annoying. Its all relative, like parental authority or your declining sex drive.

Chundles
Oct 18, 2005, 02:11 AM
Wow - a little intense are we?

I think some people are wishing they were 11 again. So there are typos - he doesn't run his threads through Word (oh no!).

Lets be honest folks, this is a site that spends most of its time speculating pointlessly. We've had even worse conversations at work, out and about, and with our friends - save your anger for politics.

I can remember public school. That sort of thing -is- annoying. Its all relative, like parental authority or your declining sex drive.

Run his threads through Word? What the..?

Safari has a built in spell-checker.

Tristan_X
Oct 18, 2005, 02:21 AM

I don't think that detracts from the general point. There are mac user who don't - yes, crazy, I know - use Safari.

Chundles
Oct 18, 2005, 03:49 AM
I don't think that detracts from the general point. There are mac user who don't - yes, crazy, I know - use Safari.

:eek: :eek: No Waaay!!

mfacey
Oct 18, 2005, 07:58 AM
Ah man, reading the title of this thread I thought somebody had found a cool easter egg on the new ipod. A funny story in the notes feature. Bummer.

oh well, moving on!

MrSugar
Oct 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
Is it just me, or do other people think this thread is being a little mean?

Almost every single post insulted the original poster. Yes, bad spelling, but hey, no need to be dickish about it. I mean really is it necessary?

I actually thought the story was kinda funny, I remember kids who lied about always having the newest thing to sound cool. I would have called him on it though, but that's me.

mpw
Oct 18, 2005, 08:39 AM
Ah man, reading the title of this thread I thought somebody had found a cool easter egg on the new ipod...
I'm stil trying to find the easter egg in the post!

Sdashiki
Oct 18, 2005, 08:42 AM
Those "types" of kids, sicken me.

When I was in 1st grade, this new kid to the school (i was new too) tried to convince all the girls in class his crayons were "eraseable" like the ones I had.

The girls for some reason thought it was neat I could color with crayon and erase with a pencil. So this kid is like "yeah I got those too" and he proceeds to pull out his crayolas (which arent eraseable) and try his best.

he failed miserably, all the girls and some guys laughed at him. He yelled and cried and bitched like a 6yr old should, and we never saw that kid after that day. He was so sad.

His parents either home schooled him or moved him to a private school.

EricNau
Oct 18, 2005, 09:14 AM

It does? I'm new to Mac, let me know how this works.
(I have been known to run something through word just to check it)

devilot
Oct 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
It does? I'm new to Mac, let me know how this works.
(I have been known to run something through word just to check it)While you're in Safari--- go to the menu bar> Edit> Spelling> Check Spelling as You Type.

Hope that helps.

slb
Oct 18, 2005, 11:41 AM
''ok your not really use it up what ever''

Is this some strange alien language?

im_to_hyper
Oct 18, 2005, 11:46 AM

Or there are some of us who aren't even posting from a Mac ;) :eek:

yippy
Oct 18, 2005, 12:03 PM
I don't know what every one is complaining about, I could understand the story.

Buy yea, those kids are fun to mess with. I had a kid in high school tell me that he had a new dual 2.0Ghz G5 in his room within a week of it being announced. If anyone remembers, it took Apple something like 2 months to ship it. He also said that he had a restored 69 Mustang that he got for under 4 grand despite the fact that he was not old enough to drive yet.

steve_hill4
Oct 18, 2005, 12:41 PM
I'm stil trying to find the easter egg in the post!
You left me no choice:

http://www.koscoflags.com/images/T1373%20painted%20easter%20egg.gif

solvs
Oct 18, 2005, 01:21 PM
Firefox has Spellbound. So unless you're using IE, you have no excuse. :p Anyway, the story was rambling and pointless and loaded with spelling and grammatical errors, but we clicked on the link, so we have nothing complain about. Pointless, but harmless. Let it go.

Edit: Spellbound said the words Spellbound and Firefox were spelled wrong. :D

Josh396
Oct 18, 2005, 01:39 PM
haha exactly..

_bnkr612
Oct 18, 2005, 01:43 PM
Ok- from the evidence presented above, I conclude that you are either eleven or drunk.

Hilarious. I don't think his bits have dropped yet.

wPod
Oct 18, 2005, 02:00 PM
While you're in Safari--- go to the menu bar> Edit> Spelling> Check Spelling as You Type.

Hope that helps.

holy cow!!!! dude, i never knew that!!! and ive been using safari for about 3 years now!!! i guess i never cared that much about my spelling. im in school as well, but college .. . 5th year sr!!!!! but im an engineer so my spelling always sucks!

but yeah, anyway. . . i understood the kid somewhat. . . but i think that is b/c i have a 13 y.o. little brother who talks the same way when i chat with him online. the only difference is i didnt notice any of the abbreviations like "roflmao" but ive gotten really good at translating the your youre you are . . . i hate when those get mixed up (or missused) but ive gotten used to translating them b/c of my brother.

so yeah, i will stop droning on pointlessly like most of this thread!
but i guess something good came out of the thread, i learned about the spell checker!!!! ha!

EricNau
Oct 18, 2005, 09:23 PM
While you're in Safari--- go to the menu bar> Edit> Spelling> Check Spelling as You Type.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! :D

asherman13
Oct 19, 2005, 12:39 AM
Ah man, reading the title of this thread I thought somebody had found a cool easter egg on the new ipod. A funny story in the notes feature. Bummer.

oh well, moving on!

there is one, kinda. if you look on the legal screen there's a little snowman at the bottom [via ilounge's top tens (http://www.ilounge.com). was placed by the development team; apparently they wanted to leave a mark.

on another note....

i'm just wondering how the heck this thread went over to two pages!!

whalesalad
Oct 19, 2005, 01:18 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL